Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 12,088

sub12

Another one: modern games are "not" overpriced in anyway, if anything IOS has skewed people's perception in the wrong direction .....the only thing I can agree with is that most DLC in its totality does not match the expansion packs of old.........still 59 dollars for an AAA game is not unreasonable.

sub12

Chubblings

Nintendo 7th gen wasn't exactly my favorite, because even though there were definitely some amazing titles that I owned for the systems (that easily rank up my top favorite games of all time), like the main Pokémon games, NSMB, Kingdom Hearts games, and SMG, TLOZ: TP & SS for Wii, but overall, I found most of it all too gimicky for my tastes, especially Wii's motion controls being shoehorned in with there only being a few instances where they actually worked (see Zelda games). Weirdly enough, I think think that the Wii U & 3DS (which could still arguably be labeled as gimicky) are a massive step up from this, and I've had much more enjoyment with my Nintendo systems this gen. Everything just feels so better, Mario Kart Wii to Mario Kart 8 for example, the actual gameplay itself is breathtaking in difference.

Edited on by Chubblings

Chubblings

Nintendo Network ID: Chubblings

Yoshi_Prime

I don't like Super Smash Bros. 4. Every hour I continue to play it makes me hate it more. Despite all the cool and awesome things they did with it, so much stuff was added or subtracted to bog it down. Clone characters replaced with new clone characters. Items nerfed to hell in order to be replaced with more broken items (and way too much Kid Icarus stuff). Worse brawling, difficulty grabbing items entirely, coms that are too easy (1-8) or too frustrating (9) due to their running away and frame-perfect dodging. Smash Tour is bad, something akin to the Subspace Emissary is greatly missed, and the challenges are way too solo-oriented when I have the game specifically to play with friends. Overall, when I play the game, the first word that comes to my mind is "frustrating", followed by "disappointing". I was hoping the game would continue from Brawl, but instead it's taking more cues from the vastly inferior Melee. Splitting the team between two games (3DS and Wii U) clearly didn't help anything but sales. I think I'll just play Brawl from now on. It's the superior version.

Yoshi_Prime

Drawdler

@iKhan I can see where you're coming from. Lance's us definitely up there, but the impact is lessened to me because Red reuses it, and I think it's much better for him. Blue's champion theme is my favourite, though nostalgia plays into that a lot.

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but I hate PMD4's graphics. The 3D models look very generic and unexpressive, and there's too much jagginess. It should have been a sprite-based game like the previous entries.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Jamouse

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

I was hoping the game would continue from Brawl, but instead it's taking more cues from the vastly inferior Melee. I think I'll just play Brawl from now on. It's the superior version.

What...I ...I don't even know how to respond...

Game preferences aside, I find it interesting that they tried to achieve a mix between Melee and Brawl yet still didn't please a lot of the players of each game. I guess maybe they should have a clearer goal for the next game.

Jamouse

kkslider5552000

Jamouse wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

I was hoping the game would continue from Brawl, but instead it's taking more cues from the vastly inferior Melee. I think I'll just play Brawl from now on. It's the superior version.

What...I ...I don't even know how to respond...

Game preferences aside, I find it interesting that they tried to achieve a mix between Melee and Brawl yet still didn't please a lot of the players of each game. I guess maybe they should have a clearer goal for the next game.

or maybe being a fan for only one game in a series that has mostly played similarly is a bit silly. It would be like me hating every NES style Megaman game except 3 just because 3 is my favorite.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Drawdler

I also don't like ALBW's graphics. I actually like the artstyle, but there's just too much obvious model recycling for me.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

shaneoh

Link's Awakening is better than Minish Cap, but the Oracle Games outshines them both. They're easily among the best LoZ games, possibly a close second behind OoT

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Nicolai

shaneoh wrote:

Link's Awakening is better than Minish Cap, but the Oracle Games outshines them both. They're easily among the best LoZ games, possibly a close second behind OoT

I can definitely relate with that. The Oracle games had many differentiating ideas from other Zelda games, and while some of these ideas can be hit or miss, those ideas really make them stand out from the rest of the series. There are a lot of really charming things about those games, and the music makes such lyrical use of the Game Boy's sound. Oracle of Ages has my favorite magical tunes in them with the harp of ages; songs you learn in OoT or Spirit Tracks by comparison are so simple-sounding.

There are a few Zelda games I'd put ahead of the Oracles, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

grumblebuzzz

I found Super Mario 3D Land to be better than Super Mario 3D World for a number of reasons.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

iKhan

Drawdler wrote:

The Vanillite and Trubbish lines (especially the former) are some of my favourites from Gen V

I don't find Vanillite to be poorly designed or uncreative. I just find it a bit disturbing. The idea of what is essentially food (in edible form) being a pokemon is kind of offputting for me. I would also never want a sandwich pokemon, or a taco pokemon.

Trubbish isn't bad, Garbodor is where the line really goes to trash. They tried to do another Muk, but they missed the point. Muk is supposed to represent the trope of a scary monster arising from our own pollution, hence why it has that intimidating face. Garbodor just has this derpy face of "hurr durr I eat garbage".

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Moshugan

I'm scared of online gaming. :<

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

kkslider5552000

SuperMalleo wrote:

Metal Gear Solid for the GameCube is way better than the PS1 version.

I don't know how this unpopular. Twin Snakes is really the only time I've been able to fully enjoy an MGS game. Though that might be the exact reason why, it was too enjoyable for fans.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

I like the stick-rotating minigames in the Mario Party. Yes, it gave you blisters, but when you actually won a game doing it, it was such an amazing feeling. You feel like you earned it.

Charizard is my favorite pokemon ever, and that will always be the case.

I hate Zelda in Skyward Sword. I think she's basically the epitome of telling and not showing.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ThePirateCaptain

Miss_Dark wrote:

2. skyward sword is the worst 3D zelda
3. twilight princess is the best 3D zelda

So the Zelda cycle is real

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

unrandomsam

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

When games have such divisive ratings - critics love it, consumers hate it - I tend to believe that the true result is somewhere in the middle.

I tend to believe the critics were corrupted somehow. (Assassins Creed Unity being the latest example).

Don't see what is so difficult about saying this game is so broken now there is no way you should get it until it is patched. 0/10 for now.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

DBPirate

> Shulk's the worst character in Smash 4
> I'd prefer a Mario Sunshine remake as opposed to a sequel
> I wish LucasArts wasn't closed down so they could've ported The Force Unleashed to Wii U
> Both Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time is overrated (but OOT more so)
> No Metroid Prime 4 please. I want a fresh new entry.
> I am more excited for the yet-to-be-announced Animal Crossing U than Zelda U
> I like the car in Mario Party 9 (and I love MP9)

Edited on by DBPirate

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

AlexSays

DBPirate wrote:

I am more excited for the yet-to-be-announced Animal Crossing U than Zelda U

You're not alone with this one. A good AC game is my only hope of caring enough to buy a Wii U. Zelda is always hit or miss

Now the remake of Sunshine you might be alone in. If they're making the game we might as well play levels we haven't seen

AlexSays

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic