Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 12,088

manobrawl

I tried playing Ocarina of Time, but I find it too boring; the best Zelda entry is the combination Oracle of Ages -> Oracle of Seasons (in that order, you discover the circus group following the Oracle os Seasons is actually a group of Hyrule Guards under-cover, so they can protect her). And damn, Oracle of Ages end is so damn epic for a Game Boy Color game.

manobrawl

LzWinky

Storytime7 wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Melee is the most overrated game in the entire Smash Bros. series.

Regardless of improvements later entries may have made, Melee was a pretty big jump forward from Smash 64. Melee is to Smash Bros. what MM2 was to Mega Man, and Gold/Silver were to Pokemon. I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything, but I wouldn't say it doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

Is it an unpopular opinion to think all the Smash games are good? I definitely have preferences over which entries in the series I'd rather play, but I don't think any of them are bad games.

Smash 3DS and Wii U are far superior to Melee and 64

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Storytime7

WaLzgi wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Regardless of improvements later entries may have made, Melee was a pretty big jump forward from Smash 64. Melee is to Smash Bros. what MM2 was to Mega Man, and Gold/Silver were to Pokemon. I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything, but I wouldn't say it doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

Is it an unpopular opinion to think all the Smash games are good? I definitely have preferences over which entries in the series I'd rather play, but I don't think any of them are bad games.

Definitely not taking this bait.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

LzWinky

What bait? They are better in every way. Anyone who says otherwise is stuck in the past

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iKhan

WaLzgi wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Personally, I can't say for sure yet. I've exhausted every bit of enjoyment I can get from Smash 3DS's single player, and I don't have any friends with 3DS's nearby.

Melee's speed definitely has it's benefits, but Smash 3DS/Wii U have way better animations and a more diverse roster. Also, Pichu is my secondary, so Melee always offers a benefit for me.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DBPirate

Brawl's better than Melee, since we're on that topic.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

PanicPuppet

Fawful was only really funny in Superstar Saga, after that he became a stale character.

Yeah his broken grammar was hilarious in SSS, but in the other games his lines weren't as creative. (replace "fury" with "chortles" and boom! New catchphrase!)

I liked Cackletta more. Sure she's a bit cliché (evil witch-type villain) but she felt fresh for the time, and its sad she was only in Superstar Saga. I guess I'd rather her go out while she's still fresh, than stick around for two more games and become a fraction of what she originally was.

PanicPuppet

ThePirateCaptain

Birthday_Boy wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Birthday_Boy wrote:

Yoshi's Island is the worst Mario Platformer.
The ckeckpoints of Yoshi's Island were too far away and having it not save all the coins/stars you got after your latest checkpoint was frustrated. But that frustration is very fitting with Yoshi's weak flutter jump, the imperfect egg shooting mechanic and Baby Mario's cries of sadness that could make anyone want to turn off their system just to make it stop.
What makes it more frustrating is that they fixed nearly NONE of these issues in the later games. I look at Wooly World and the game does look easier, but they should've taken note from Epic Yarn and not let you die in the game. Instead, let it drop some of your collectables. That way, not only does it mean you have to go through to re-collect your collectables after you fall every time, but alsoI feel like a true 100% clear would mean there's no possibility that you died over and over with no penalties involved other than losing a life (which was really easy to get in Yoshi's Island).

That's because they didn't need fixing in the first place

You know what, they did actually try to fix an aspect with it in Yoshi's New Island having the Flutter Wings. If I were to ever buy New Island, I would consider playing the whole game with the wings.
How to fix the egg throwing mechanic: Use the touch screen as an option to shoot eggs.
How to fix the egg throwing mechanic in Wooly World: Second analog stick.

I know it's just your opinion, but I don't see what's wrong with the flutter jump and egg throwing. Yoshi jumps like Mario, but you can hold the button to get some extra airtime. It's not meant to be a double jump, but you can repeatedly flutter to go farther.

As far as the egg throwing goes, the reticle just moves up and down, it's pretty simple timing. If that's too difficult for you, you can always stop the reticle by pressing the other shoulder button.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

HankLangley

Cubivore is a good game go get it and love it

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Kirby_Fan_DL3

Here's my unpopular opinion: I don't get the appeal of Kirby Super Star. It's just a bland, empty, boring, gimmicky, and short game that has no enjoyable aspects at all, except for the Great Cave Offensive. I can't see how anyone can enjoy the game.

Edited on by Kirby_Fan_DL3

I'M NOT FLAT ON MY FEET, NOW I CLANK AND I SQUEAK
BUT MY VOICE IS THE SAME WHEN I SPEAK
MY HAND LOOKS LIKE ALUMINIUM FOIL
DOES THIS MEAN THAT I NEED A TUNE UP AND A CHANGE OF OIL
I'm KirbyFanDL3 on Colors 3D.

Nintendo Network ID: jeremys-home

Wonky_Kong

Call Of Duty isn't terrible, sure it is generic and predictable, but so are pokemon games and new super mario bros, the gameplay is solid and the multiplayer has some good replay value. I don't play it myself, but for shooters i prefer more tactical games like CS:GO and Natural Selection 2 (NS2 is an amazing game, play it)

I also think the pokemon series is tired, sure they are fun, but so damn similar, i can't play a pokemon game for more than a couple hours in a month now, it all feels the same.

Wonky_Kong

Wonky_Kong

Also, i am personally finding it harder and harder to stick with single-player games, only the main line Nintendo games and a few others keep me in, i guess its why i am so attracted to LoL CS:GO and Smash (for glory1v1). I like being able to perfect a play style and then use it competitively, every encounter is in the same boundaries, but your choices and your opponents choices are ever changing, opening spaces for exciting plays that cut scenes and set pieces can;t achieve.

Wonky_Kong

Kyloctopus

CapnPancakes wrote:

Birthday_Boy wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Birthday_Boy wrote:

Yoshi's Island is the worst Mario Platformer.
The ckeckpoints of Yoshi's Island were too far away and having it not save all the coins/stars you got after your latest checkpoint was frustrated. But that frustration is very fitting with Yoshi's weak flutter jump, the imperfect egg shooting mechanic and Baby Mario's cries of sadness that could make anyone want to turn off their system just to make it stop.
What makes it more frustrating is that they fixed nearly NONE of these issues in the later games. I look at Wooly World and the game does look easier, but they should've taken note from Epic Yarn and not let you die in the game. Instead, let it drop some of your collectables. That way, not only does it mean you have to go through to re-collect your collectables after you fall every time, but alsoI feel like a true 100% clear would mean there's no possibility that you died over and over with no penalties involved other than losing a life (which was really easy to get in Yoshi's Island).

That's because they didn't need fixing in the first place

You know what, they did actually try to fix an aspect with it in Yoshi's New Island having the Flutter Wings. If I were to ever buy New Island, I would consider playing the whole game with the wings.
How to fix the egg throwing mechanic: Use the touch screen as an option to shoot eggs.
How to fix the egg throwing mechanic in Wooly World: Second analog stick.

I know it's just your opinion, but I don't see what's wrong with the flutter jump and egg throwing. Yoshi jumps like Mario, but you can hold the button to get some extra airtime. It's not meant to be a double jump, but you can repeatedly flutter to go farther.

As far as the egg throwing goes, the reticle just moves up and down, it's pretty simple timing. If that's too difficult for you, you can always stop the reticle by pressing the other shoulder button.

The use of the flutter jumb is just to float for a bit longer and just hitting the A button. It involves no skill and is more of a hassle than a cool aspect.

Egg throwing is by no means difficult. I never said it was. The issue is not the difficulty to aim it right but how long it takes. And I noticed this alot more in boss battles. In order to hit the "sweet spot" of a boss you have to be quick and the egg throwing mechanic used in Yoshi's Island is too cumbersome for a boss that could be constantly moving. By the time you have the angle you wanted, the opportunity is lost because now he's heading to the other side of the screen.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

@Birthday_Boy
I think the flutter jump can be used very skillfully if you know what you're doing. Even then, why does it make the game worse? It takes no skill to jump in any other platformer, you just press a button.

I guess I can understand where you're coming from on the egg throwing, but I never found it to be an issue. I never felt like it took long at all for me to aim and throw accurately. I can't think of a boss battle where this was an issue either, aside from maybe the Naval Piranha. I actually thought most of the bosses were pretty easy.

Just to clear things up, I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I just find it really interesting because Yoshi's Island is one of my personal favorite games.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

iKhan

I'm not too big on the Mario Sports series. I would much rather play a player licensed sports games.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haywired

Gameplay and power are not mutually exclusive. When people (usually Nintendo fans) say "Power has nothing to do with gameplay" (while I do agree with where the sentiment is coming from) I would ask "How would Nintendo have made Super Mario 64 on the NES?"

Haywired

Geonjaha

Haywired wrote:

Gameplay and power are not mutually exclusive. When people (usually Nintendo fans) say "Power has nothing to do with gameplay" (while I do agree with where the sentiment is coming from) I would ask "How would Nintendo have made Super Mario 64 on the NES?"

Well of course they aren't. That line is part of a coping mechanism used when fanboys are told Nintendo isn't perfect, and that their system is usually the weakest of the three. It's like when there's a news article saying that a certain game is coming to every console but Wii U. Every comment is suddenly "Good, I didn't actually want that game anyway, it sucks!".

Power is important. It's not the most important thing, but considering consoles move from one generation to another every 4-8 years, there needs to be some reason to switch.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CM30

It's not quite as simple as that. Consoles are often good at different things, which all affect the gameplay of their games in different ways.

For example, the SNES could display better graphics (with more colours and things) and the Mega Drive could run games faster (through a faster processor or whatever). Both affected the library of their respective systems in different ways.

And development team skill has a pretty big role to play. If your team is utter crap at figuring out the system hardware and can't program their way out of a paper bag... well, they could easily make games that'd be seen as awful two generations prior yet still struggle to make them run on a new system. Nintendo is, for all their flaws... pretty good at making games that can run on otherwise limited hardware and still seem incredibly impressive in the process.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Ralizah

Geonjaha wrote:

It's like when there's a news article saying that a certain game is coming to every console but Wii U. Every comment is suddenly "Good, I didn't actually want that game anyway, it sucks!".

To be fair, I really could care less if the latest Assassin's Creed, CoD, Battlefield, etc. skips the Wii U.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jaz007

SuperMalleo wrote:

EarthBound doesn't deserve its rarity. If people want to play it for the first time, it should cost as much as regular SNES game. Yes, it did sell poorly at launch, but i think everyone should be able to afford a copy that easily, including people who don't have a Wii U like me.

You probably wouldn't be able to get your hands on a copy anyway then. There would still be a lot of demand, and a lack of supply, making it hard to find.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic