Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 12,088

NintendoFan64

I am not that into Metroid.
Mewtwo is the worst character in Smash Bros., not just in Melee, but in the entire series. COME AND GET ME, FANBOYS!!!!
I actually like Five Nights at Freddy's, but mainly because of the concept.
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is my least favorite Kirby game.
I'm not really bothered by clones in Smash Bros.
Megaman 1 has aged HORRIBLY.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Screenshot

CanisWolfred wrote:

Get a GBA SP...

I have an SP, a DS lite and a gameboy micro, the cartridges for some games are getting
somewhat expensive compared to eShop prices.

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

LzWinky

shaneoh wrote:

GBA games should remain exclusive to the 3DS ambassadors for the duration of the 3DS' life. If people want GBA VC games they can go buy a Wii U.

3DS Ambassadors need to realize that no one owed them anything for their own decisions

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Magikarp3

NintendoFan64 wrote:

My unpopular opinion is actually the complete opposite of yours haha, I think Megaman 1 has aged brilliantly. For me it all comes down to game feel - MM1 had the boss weapons that were the most useful, with the fire, electricity, cut and ice weapons all feeling more useful than the regular buster. Sure the guts and bomb weapons were kinda duds, but 4/6 is a much better ratio than the later games which only had around 2-3 worthwhile weapons out of 8. In MM2, 3 and especially 4, I'd only be using the extra weapons on bosses weak to them, while running through the levels I'd just be using the buster.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Screenshot

CanisWolfred wrote:

SlicingScyther wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Get a GBA SP...

I have an SP, a DS lite and a gameboy micro, the cartridges for some games are getting
somewhat expensive compared to eShop prices.

And the prices will only go up. Which now's the perfect time to buy.

Oh, I see what you mean now
Unpopular opinion: The Gameboy Micro was a lot better than the SP
despite the SP's clamshell design the micro felt more compact
and the shoulder buttons were spaced much better

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

CanisWolfred

Oh what the heck, one more time:

To me, a good game with bad sections that sap away my will to continue are worst than bad games. Bad games I can realize are bad right away and put it down without having lost much. But having my otherwise fond memories soured by one bad section, and being forced to live with knowing I'll never want to play that game again because of that section? That is a punishment worse than death.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NintendoFan64

Magikarp3 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

My unpopular opinion is actually the complete opposite of yours haha, I think Megaman 1 has aged brilliantly. For me it all comes down to game feel - MM1 had the boss weapons that were the most useful, with the fire, electricity, cut and ice weapons all feeling more useful than the regular buster. Sure the guts and bomb weapons were kinda duds, but 4/6 is a much better ratio than the later games which only had around 2-3 worthwhile weapons out of 8. In MM2, 3 and especially 4, I'd only be using the extra weapons on bosses weak to them, while running through the levels I'd just be using the buster.

The reason I hate Megaman 1 is because unlike 2 and 3, it was complete HELL. 2 and 3 were hard, but they at least felt like a fair challenge. 1 just plain pi$$ed me off 70% of the time (don't even get me started on the Yellow Devil).
Edit: Oh, and also, 2 made the total eight robot masters, and 3 introduced Rush and Protoman, so...yeah. 1 doesn't really look so hot when compared to them, in my opinion.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Storytime7

The Yellow Devil is not that hard.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

NintendoFan64

Storytime7 wrote:

LIES! DAMN, DIRTY LIES! Unless of course you use the glitch involving Elecman's power...which I couldn't pull off, for some reason. Either that, or you are a gaming God.

Storytime7

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

LIES! DAMN, DIRTY LIES! Unless of course you use the glitch involving Elecman's power...which I couldn't pull off, for some reason. Either that, or you are a gaming God.

I use the mega buster. The Yellow Devil's attacks are fast, but I don't really find it that hard because it always repeats the same pattern.

Storytime7

JamesGandolfini

This one might be agreed with, I dunno, but Sonic games have made no advancements in the past 15 years. I watched a trailer for Sonic Boom, the so-called "Re-boot" and it pretty much looks like SA1

JamesGandolfini

LzWinky

Earthbound is an overrated RPG with few interesting things
Mario Kart 64 is only "good" for the nostalgia, which I don't have
Final Fantasy is not that good overall, though it does have good moments
Wii U is the most interesting of the new consoles. PS4 and One are not interesting at all

Also, I don't like hack-n-slash games...but Bayonetta is fun as hell. I don't care if that's popular or not

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JamesGandolfini

I agree with you on a lot of those. I don't like the battle system in Earthbound, but I can deal with it and I really enjoy the rest of the game for what it is. PS4 and Xbone feel like they're trying too hard to copy PC gaming, which Wii U is the exact opposite of.

JamesGandolfini

shaneoh

WaLzgi wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

GBA games should remain exclusive to the 3DS ambassadors for the duration of the 3DS' life. If people want GBA VC games they can go buy a Wii U.

3DS Ambassadors need to realize that no one owed them anything for their own decisions

Of course not, but N decided to do that promotion with the GBA being exclusive to ambassadors, to go back on that is to lose integrity. The inverse also applies, just because the ambassadors got the GBA games doesn't mean that later 3DS buyers are owed GBA games.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

shaneoh

DiscoGentleman wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSS THIS

AND ALSSSSSSSSSO THIS:

shaneoh wrote:

The inverse also applies, just because the ambassadors got the GBA games doesn't mean that later 3DS buyers are owed GBA games.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Storytime7

Difference is that ambassadors got those games for free. Everyone saying 3DS owners should get GBA games means that Nintendo should allow us to buy those games.

Storytime7

iKhan

DiscoGentleman wrote:

iKhan wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Here's one: Fi is better than Midna. I teared up when Fi was saying her goodbyes to Link (for two playthroughs) and I didn't even give a damn when Midna said her goodbyes and had the arguably better written ending. Because Midna sucks.

While we're talking tearful goodbyes, I cried so much at the end of Skyward Sword with the old lady. SO SO MUCH. BOTH TIMES.

I respect your opinion, but what on earth did you like about Fi? And what didn't you like about Midna?

Honestly, pretty much everything. She was annoying. I can see the seedlings of how she could be a good character, but everything about her was shallow. I should've been taking notes as I replayed through TP a couple of months ago, but just nothing made me feel for her and her actions.

I didn't care too much for Fi (her constant hand-holding was annoying), but her constant devotion and ultimate selflessness sorta spoke to me, if I had to choose something. I think the whole ending of Skyward Sword is just so emotional and so well done, that probably all of those feelings combined spilled over into the Fi ending parts, so that's where I get the tears.

I was so cryful with the old lady. Many cry.

Different strokes for different blokes I guess.

I liked Midna because of how she was initially a morally ambiguous character who was really blackmailing you. She was snarky and bossy, but in a way that was kind of funny. But as you progressed through the game, her dialogue became warmer and warmer, though still retaining her snarky attitude. So she kind of felt like a friend.

For me, Fi's constant annoyance really ruined any hope of that end scene being touching. I was actually kind of happy, because at that point I just hated Fi so much. I kind of found it perplexing that the developers expected me to care after all the hell she put me through. I thought her gimmick of being emotionless stopped being funny very quickly too.

Though the old lady scene was nice.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

Gabaghoul wrote:

This one might be agreed with, I dunno, but Sonic games have made no advancements in the past 15 years. I watched a trailer for Sonic Boom, the so-called "Re-boot" and it pretty much looks like SA1

I'm gonna 1-up you on unpopularity here.

I don't understand the appeal of any Sonic game. The idea of just racing through a level doesn't really sound that interesting to me, just unnecessarily over-the-top.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

I don't understand why every Sonic game is a reboot.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic