Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 12,088

LzWinky

I don't think your opinion about Miyamoto is well-informed. It sounds logical when you only pay attention to the less-than-handful stories about him making suggestions.

Microsoft and Sony are much larger than Nintendo, so you'd have to make a relative comparison between the losses. Nintendo is supposedly profiting lately while Sony is losing money out the wazoo. Sony is probably the most likely candidate to go bankrupt until it gets rid of the failing brands.

I'd actually agree. I like how the koopalings came back...but now they're a bit overused. Bowser Jr. actually has enough variety in 3D games to still be interesting.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jaz007

Bayonetta (that's her name right?) really isn't attractive.

Jaz007

LaserdiscGal

Donkey Kong Country is a horrible franchise.

There I said it.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Freeon-Leon

The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past is not that good. I prefer many of the 2D Zelda games over it (and I think ALBW is wonderful). Maybe it's the pink hair

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

PanchoStamos

Resident Evil 6 is the best game in the RE series.

ZombiU did "survival horror" better than any of the early Resident Evil games.

Scantily dressed female video game characters aren't sexy, they are annoying and embarrassing.

Red Dead Redemption has the best story line of any game ever made.

Baldur's Gate 2 is the best game ever despite the fact that I have never beaten it totally.

PanchoStamos

Nintendo Network ID: PanchoStamos

GuSolarFlare

PC gaming isn't worth the cost of having to upgrade all the time.
smartphone games are awesome time killers when you can't play games on a console.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Drawdler

I don't use it when I want to have a serious race, because it's way too difficult to control like you could with the Wiimote + Nunchuck, but I like using the Wii Wheel when I play Mario Kart Wii. It's fun.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

sub12

Donkey Kong Country 2D platformers are superior to Mario 2D platformers.

Games are not overpriced at all, especially AAA games......back in the mid 90's everybody payed 59 to 69 dollars for simple 16 bit cartridges with significantly less content than today's big titles.

sub12

SkywardLink98

sub12 wrote:

Games are not overpriced at all, especially AAA games......back in the mid 90's everybody payed 59 to 69 dollars for simple 16 bit cartridges with significantly less content than today's big titles.

Don't forget to calculate inflation into it.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Drawdler

sub12 wrote:

Donkey Kong Country 2D platformers are superior to Mario 2D platformers.

I agree, but I actually think this is the popular opinion. Pretty sure we had a thread on that recently, I think it was about the artstyle of NSMB, where a lot of people said they liked DKCR better than NSMB.
I think opinions on wether the classic 2D Mario/DK platformers are better would be much more divided. (For the record, I haven't played any of either outside of the original SMB, but DKC seems much more appeeling.)

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

spizzamarozzi

You get shot if you name piracy or emulation.
But we have a 77 pages thread with stolen music

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Kyloctopus

Nintendo fans are way too defensive.
I believe they jump the gun saying a website is anti-Nintendo. There was even a time in 2013 where Nintendo Life users thought journalists would purposely choose to publish "doom and gloom" Nintendo articles for clickbait. I thought that was bullocks, considering that's just how the news was. The Wii U was doing completely abysmal in sales, compared to their projections, those "doom and gloom" articles just emphasised how much it was, because I think alot of people didn't fully understand.
There are also times when someone makes a negative-yet accurate Nintendo article and there's always that fanboy that tries to compare Sony and Microsoft to them and how
A: The website doesn't publish their issues enough. Or
B: They think that Nintendo is in a better position than Sony or Microsoft for that reason
It's annoying, because that just provokes a console race and the article doesn't compare the other companies to Nintendo, so there's no reason to start now.

I'm not directly against Nintendo's region locking ways
I'm not one to pay premium for a game that I don't understand, that might release some other time in the west to begin with.
I'm more for localization. If Nintendo continues their focus of localization as they've done with the 3DS, there's not much reason to import in the first place.
I fear that if Nintendo pulls their region locking rule, then they may not localize fantastic games like Bravely Default anymore as consumers have more freedom to buy the game. As if they get a certain amount of importers to buy the games, they might not need to make a localized version of future Japanese games, as Nintendo gets a greater profit from Japanese games than they do American per copy.
That's not to say region-free doesn't have benefits I'm interested in. Like using this Japan only system on American 3DS games.
Untitled

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

spizzamarozzi wrote:

You get shot if you name piracy or emulation.
But we have a 77 pages thread with stolen music

To be fair, most people can't get into that thread without their browser commiting seppuku...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

Birthday_Boy wrote:

I'm not one to pay premium for a game that I don't understand, that might release some other time in the west to begin with.
I'm more for localization. If Nintendo continues their focus of localization as they've done with the 3DS, there's not much reason to import in the first place.

I would agree with this a lot more if I lived in the NA region. Australia still has tons of games we just don't get, even though they're localised and everything.

On the same topic for localisation, I'd argue that subtitles and menu translation are enough for everything except the big name titles. Redoing the voice acting really isn't necessary, especially if the publishers plan to release the original language track alongside the dub. All it contributes to is larger filesizes and longer localisation wait times for a dub that most players are going to complain about anyway.

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

iKhan

Alright, here's a few more from me:

-I think Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy handled powerups better than any other platformer in the series. They are used to actually change up the gameplay and offer varied level design rather than to make platforming easier and grant access to super secret areas and offer an extra hit.
-Super Paper Mario has the best battle system of the Paper Mario series. The other games just get boring and repetitive after a while fighting generic enemies, even with the action commands. Super keeps it engaging with a far more action oriented system
-Midna's Lament isn't that good of a piece. It's just a variation on the Hyrule Field theme, and it's really not that sad. Midna's Theme is a far better piece that perfectly embodies the character
-The Playstation 1 is one of the most overrated consoles ever. The games aren't impressive, and actually manage to age worse than N64 games. It was expensive, and exclusives like Crash Bandicoot just felt like inferior versions of Mario 64.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shaneoh

GBA games should remain exclusive to the 3DS ambassadors for the duration of the 3DS' life. If people want GBA VC games they can go buy a Wii U.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Screenshot

shaneoh wrote:

GBA games should remain exclusive to the 3DS ambassadors for the duration of the 3DS' life. If people want GBA VC games they can go buy a Wii U.

But whatif I own a Wii U and want to play them on the go?

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

iKhan

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Here's one: Fi is better than Midna. I teared up when Fi was saying her goodbyes to Link (for two playthroughs) and I didn't even give a damn when Midna said her goodbyes and had the arguably better written ending. Because Midna sucks.

While we're talking tearful goodbyes, I cried so much at the end of Skyward Sword with the old lady. SO SO MUCH. BOTH TIMES.

I respect your opinion, but what on earth did you like about Fi? And what didn't you like about Midna?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic