Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 12,088

ThePirateCaptain

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

The Yellow Devil is not that hard.

LIES! DAMN, DIRTY LIES! Unless of course you use the glitch involving Elecman's power...which I couldn't pull off, for some reason. Either that, or you are a gaming God.

Yellow Devil is pretty hard, but he's not impossible by any means. Mega Man 1 is pretty challenging overall, but if you can beat any of the other Mega Man games, you shouldn't have too much of a problem with the original.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

CanisWolfred

I like Sonic because it rewards a variety of playstyles, instead of there being only one right way to tackle a level, especially the 2D games. You could argue it can make the level design more haphazard, but I'm willing to put up with that as long as it means sometimes I can go through a level taking the fast middle road when I want to, or test my skills on the high road when I want to, or explore every nook and cranny looking for items when I want to. There aren't a lot of other games when I can play through a level and feel like I'm playing the level for the first time because I'm doing something different without being slapped over the hand...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

shaneoh wrote:

The inverse also applies, just because the ambassadors got the GBA games doesn't mean that later 3DS buyers are owed GBA games.

Nobody owes anybody anything. This is the exchange of money for a product. Business.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Since Link is an extension of the player, there should be a female version.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shaneoh

Storytime7 wrote:

Difference is that ambassadors got those games for free. Everyone saying 3DS owners should get GBA games means that Nintendo should allow us to buy those games.

Most, not all. But should people who buy a deluxe Wii U 3 years down the track be entitled to a 10% discount on all eshop titles if they pay a sign up fee?

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

shaneoh

SpookyMeths wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

The inverse also applies, just because the ambassadors got the GBA games doesn't mean that later 3DS buyers are owed GBA games.

Nobody owes anybody anything. This is the exchange of money for a product. Business.

Just like doing a back flip over the GBA games being ambassador exclusive is a loss of integrity, a bad thing for a business, if they will go back on something small, they will go back on something big.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

This is a good explanation of why that shouldn't happen.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632936-the-legend-of-zelda-wii...

...I just can't take that seriously when he's using Dragon Quest as an example, when Dragon Quest has let you make female Heroes for years with no consequences to the story, and he's listing traits that could easily be associated with either gender...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

As far as I know, the lore does specifically mention that the Hero of Time is a boy, but that could easily be retconned into being that he's always been a boy so far.

I guess I don't care either way.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

I think female Link just isn't an interesting idea for me (Link's not enough of a personality for it to be cool like female Sheppard, not blank enough for me to put the characters in my shoes like certain other games...), especially since most reasonable people would probably be cool with Zelda as a playable character anyway. But people trying to argue against it is a waste of everyone's time too tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

iKhan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

This is a good explanation of why that shouldn't happen.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632936-the-legend-of-zelda-wii...

Um, that really doesn't explain much about him being a female...

shaneoh wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

Just like doing a back flip over the GBA games being ambassador exclusive is a loss of integrity, a bad thing for a business, if they will go back on something small, they will go back on something big.

Plans change. People change their minds. People need to learn to get over it

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iKhan

SpookyMeths wrote:

As far as I know, the lore does specifically mention that the Hero of Time is a boy, but that could easily be retconned into being that he's always been a boy so far.

I don't have a problem with there being a female main character, but that should be the only main character.

Link isn't you in a Zelda game. You are Link, projecting yourself onto a character who is easy to project onto. Offering customization options rejects that principle.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

BS. Just because the character is who you are projecting into doesn't mean that he/she should only be one customization. That argument makes no sense at all. Mass Effect did it successfully. Why is Link an exception?

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

I don't have a problem with there being a female main character, but that should be the only main character.

Link isn't you in a Zelda game. You are Link, projecting yourself onto a character who is easy to project onto. Offering customization options rejects that principle.

Link's gender is no more important to the story than his regular grunts. He's always male for the same reason Masterchief is always male: because it would be weird if he suddenly got a sex change for no reason. Also tradition and laziness. I mean, you can make it less weird if you write it/design it right...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Untitled Untitled Untitled

These are three different people born thousands of years apart.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

LzWinky

Yeah, unlike Mario or Samus, Link is not one character

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Link's gender is no more important to the story than his regular grunts. He's always male for the same reason Masterchief is always male: because it would be weird if he suddenly got a sex change for no reason. Also tradition and laziness. I mean, you can make it less weird if you write it/design it right...

It played quite a role with him and Zelda in Skyward Sword. I don't get why people keep saying this, it simply isn't true.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

It played quite a role with him and Zelda in Skyward Sword. I don't get why people keep saying this, it simply isn't true.

Well, because it applies to the rest. And that's just me taking your word for it, I don't want to dredge up any memories of that terrible game.

Of_Folsense wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

BS. Just because the character is who you are projecting into doesn't mean that he/she should only be one customization. That argument makes no sense at all. Mass Effect did it successfully. Why is Link an exception?

It works in Mass Effect because you have been able to choose male or female since the 1st game. Link has had 15+ games and has been male in all of them. Maybe originally Link was supposed to "be the player" but now, he's really become his own character. Yeah, he doesn't say much, but he's got his own look, he's recognized by everyone as a male, he's got tons of fanfiction about him, in which he is male (unless its a gender swap or something, but that can happen to any character). It would be different if it was like, say, monster hunter, where your character has no personality and you are supposed to customize them to look like you. There is no character customization in Zelda games, because every time, you play as the character of like, same as you play as the character of Samus in Metroid games. That's why there are so many fans who are so strongly against this. To them, Link is his own character, who has always been male, and changing that would be like changing Samus to a male. Make sense?

I've never liked getting involved in this argument but I just can't help it!

In other words: Because we don't like change. Samus could suddenly be a robot and I wouldn't even notice the difference...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

In some cases it would be weird, but yeah, so long as there is no love plot or sub-plot (which Ironically Zelda usually isn't too big with outside of Wind Waker, the only Zelda I encountered where it's rather explicit that Link and Zelda got together in the end), or their gender roles aren't important to the plot, you could replace the characters' genders and it wouldn't be a problem story-wise. Would people complain? Yes, but only because they don't like change.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic