General Discussion Forum

Topic: Pokemon General Discussion

Showing 481 to 500 of 1,433

AuthorMessage

Raylax

481. Posted:

I felt like posting a few weird Pokémon theories. So shut up and listen.

You killed Blue's Raticate (RBY). You monster. Ratatta, and later Raticate, is a primary 'mon on Blue's team right up until you flatten him on the S.S. Anne. The next time you meet him, he's in Lavender Tower. And he doesn't have much reason to be in Lavender Tower - given its full of unidentifiable ghosts that can't be battled. But he doesn't have his Raticate any more. And never will have for the remainder of the game.

Ditto is a horrible scientific mistake (RBY). One of the sub-plots to RBY is the scientific efforts - and continual failures - to successfully clone a Mew. Whilst success is ultimately achieved - with Mewtwo - you have to wonder what happened to all the failed attempts. Enter Ditto. It's regularly found in Cinnibar Mansion (the place where clones were attempted). It shares the same colouration and weight as Mew, and future generations would also match it with the same shiny colouration too.
It is often described as having highly unstable DNA that can transform into other Pokémon - but some Pokédex specifically state that if it tries to transform itself into something by relying on its memory, this POKéMON manages to get details wrong. The Cinnabar scientists never discovered a real Mew, and so the cloning attempts continually go wrong. Mew and Ditto are also the only Pokémon to learn Transform. Ditto are the failed attempts to clone Mew, broken Eldritch Abominations discarded by scientists, to live a tragic, identity-less life.
And to get their funk on with almost every Pokémon in existence.

Cubone > Marowak > Kangaskhan - These two families have always been a bit of an oddity. Cubone claims to wear the skull of its deceased Marowak mother; but anyone who's bred a Marowak will know that it doesn't die. Nor, mercifully, are players ever treated to a scene of Cubone tearing out its mother's skeleton. Marowak also wears a skull, the origins of which are never explained. There's one simple (and much more likely) theory that what is actually meant by "Cubone wears its mother's skull" is "Cubone wears the skull helmet that its mother once wore" - ie, the skull belonging to the mother, not the one that's actually part of the mother. But I prefer the other, slightly darker theory.
As for Kangaskhan, it has that little baby in its pouch. Even if you hatch a Kangaskhan from an egg, it comes already with baby in tow. Which is... weird. It hasn't passed people by that Kangaskhan's baby bears more than a passing resemblance to Cubone sans skull. And Kangaskhan could certainly fit in Cubone's evolution tree without looking particularly out of place.
So the theory goes that Cubone were originally orphaned Kangaskhan babies, and the skull belongs to Kangaskhan. Morowak would represent the orphan as a teenager (and not Cubone's mother), before finally evolving into Kangaskhan when becoming a mother. Appearance-wise, there's the old media stereotype of the active, rebellious young woman (Marowak) having turned into the uh... rather large, extremely protective, frumpy woman upon having children.

Edited on by Raylax

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

482. Posted:

I wouldn't call mewtwo a success. It couldn't transform, or learn any move, mew's defining traits. :P. They just (kind of) got the appearance right. :D
But I follow the Parisect theory very closely, it's an interesting topic. B-)

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Hokori

483. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

That's easy
1) B/W2 easy
2) G/SC / HG/SS Honestly, these games give Gen 5 a run for it's money and I'm tempted to say route 27 (step into Kanto) alone makes it the best soundtrack, but that's just nostalgia.
3) D/P/P I LOVE route 225.
4) R/B/Y
5) R/S/E I hate the sound font. I only like it's trainer and wild battle theme.

Same although B/W2 had some cool remixes of RSE themes, but I hated that RSE had only one main instrument it seemed

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

WarioMan

484. Posted:

Raticate is the best normal type,and as for best water type,a three way tie between poliwhirl,feraligatr,and blastoise

Buying: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam), Retro City Rampage (3DS), The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
My new BL
Me vs. 3DSFan134
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
Formerly PSI_King.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Gioku

485. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

You killed Blue's Raticate (RBY). You monster. Ratatta, and later Raticate, is a primary 'mon on Blue's team right up until you flatten him on the S.S. Anne. The next time you meet him, he's in Lavender Tower. And he doesn't have much reason to be in Lavender Tower - given its full of unidentifiable ghosts that can't be battled. But he doesn't have his Raticate any more. And never will have for the remainder of the game.

I like that one, seems to make sense! :P

What I like better, though, is the couple in HG/SS that battles using an Onix and a Cloyster.

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

486. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I wouldn't call mewtwo a success. It couldn't transform, or learn any move, mew's defining traits. :P. They just (kind of) got the appearance right. :D
But I follow the Parisect theory very closely, it's an interesting topic. B-)

what Parisect theory? :o

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

487. Posted:

That the Parasect itself no longer is in control of it's body, and it's nothing more than a zombie that the Shroom uses to survive. :3

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

488. Posted:

While that is a cool theory I don't think it has much ground or is true.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

489. Posted:

Pokemon%20Yellow%20Pokedex wrote:

The bug host is drained of energy by the mushrooms on its back. They appear to do all the thinking.

Pokemon Crystal Pokedex wrote:

When nothing's left to extract from the bug, the mushrooms on its back leave spores on the bug's egg.

you sure retro? :D

Edited on by Happy_Mask

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

490. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Pokemon%20Yellow%20Pokedex wrote:

The bug host is drained of energy by the mushrooms on its back. They appear to do all the thinking.

Pokemon%20Crystal%20Pokedex wrote:

When nothing's left to extract from the bug, the mushrooms on its back leave spores on the bug's egg.

you sure retro? :D

Whoa, I haven't read Parasect's dex entry in years. That's creepily awesome. I stand corrected.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

491. Posted:

Sorry for the double post but this sounds very interesting.
http://pokebeach.com/2012/11/6th-generation-hints-coming-in-d...
Wonder if he has a point.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

492. Posted:

That's a very interesting theory. Hopefully true. I don't think ending Gen V would be overly, terribly soon to do in December either. I can honestly see that happening. As long as the next main game is on the 3DS, though, I'm happy. :) (Unless we see an RS remake which would still hardly make up for being on long-outdated hardware in my opinion- as much as I love Hoenn...)

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Emaan

493. Posted:

I mean when you think about. If there's as much time between this Gen and the next as their has been before, the 3DS could already be on its way out. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

494. Posted:

So I thought it'd be fun if people shared an interesting/funny Pokéfact about themselves. I'll start it off.
I can sing the first 10 Pokemon opening themes. Word for word. I use to love watching the show and would sing along to the opening song. Now I know all the ones up until I stopped watching. (Which was D/P)

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

495. Posted:

Wait, there's TEN OPENING SONGS? Ah well.
But I have Team Rocket's Original Motto memorized (as evidenced by my sig), though that's not too uncommon. :P

AuthorMessage

Emaan

496. Posted:

I have both the Team Rocket motto and most of the opening songs memorized as well. :D

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

497. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

that does seem interesting but this last gen seemed rushed too though i mean come on look at some of the pkm designs my feeling is this might be rushing it yet again and we dont want that D=

also what kinds of new pkm can they come up with? :o i seen some youtube vids with some pkm designs and some look great now only if they added those xD

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

498. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

that does seem interesting but this last gen seemed rushed too though i mean come on look at some of the pkm designs my feeling is this might be rushing it yet again and we dont want that D=

also what kinds of new pkm can they come up with? :o i seen some youtube vids with some pkm designs and some look great now only if they added those xD

My theory is that with every gen pokemon will start to look more and more like digimons, to the point where everyone will have feline-reptilian eyes with thick eye liner in gen 10.

Like This!
(uploaded with imageshack)

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

499. Posted:

Now that the Unova league has started, a new series possibly has been announced with N being in it. Team Plasma might appear too as this was shown which it is called Pokemon Best Wishes Season 2: N and shows N walking down the preview.

Untitled

Edited on by Marakuto

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

500. Posted:

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro