General Discussion Forum

Topic: Please help: The Super Smash Bros. Fanbase has been turned into idiots.

Showing 21 to 40 of 45

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CowLaunch

21. Posted:

Please stop doing this to yourself. NOA probably don't care, & if they did I'd be concerned.

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stevie

22. Posted:

I will admit straight away to not reading this thread and it's responses fully, but I need to ask....

1.Why do you care so much about such a trivial matter
2.Upon reflection do you not think there are better/more worthy courses you could put your time and energy into
3.Please be aware that the internet is full of idiots, whatever your view on anything there will be some fool with a idiotic response, the only place this does not happen is here on NL. However you need to learn to ignore and rise above the comments you view on the web, for example I could call Mike Tyson a A hole over the net quite easily, would I say it to his face, No I wouldn't, but I could quite easily get him in a flap winding him up facelessly.

Hence this is common behaviour on the web, the question is whether you can rise above it and recognise it for what It is.

Edited on by Stevie

This is good

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

23. Posted:

The thread is on IGN? There's your problem.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

24. Posted:

SSB fan, chances are most of those are trolls, people going onto that site to stir up people and provoke a response, because some morons seem to get their kicks that way, I wouldn't be too surprised if it was just one person with multiple accounts to make it look as if a lot of people agree with them, the best thing to do is not take the bait and ignore the trolls, don't give them the attention they crave.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

invmat

25. Posted:

Just let them stay stupid, some people never give in even if you have solid proof.

My Wii FC´s

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

26. Posted:

I would love DLc, but it won't happen. And besides, IGn is just stupid. I only read it for announcments and stuff like that.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

27. Posted:

Just because a couple of people believe something, you can't assume the whole fanbase are idiots.
SSBBFan- I suggest you leave the IGN boards. The site is filled with trolls anyway.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

28. Posted:

To all the people who are like "IGN is stoopid! lololollipops", did you even try reading the thread? No you didn't. Do you normally, irl, make judgements about the intelligence of people before even having seen them or heard what they say? How exactly do you do it - coin toss? Or based on race/religion/gender/nationality? Just wondering...

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@RandomWiiPlayer: I have three proofs:

1. The two sites that started this rumor have taken down the related subject.
2. Masahiro Sakurai confirmed last year that downloadable contents will not be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. The game is not programmed to have DLC.

1. That's just a bare statement of facts. It doesn't contain any indication of the cause. There are at least two possible explanations. One is that it was taken down because it was found to be false. Another explanation is that it was taken down because Nintendo's lawyers asked these sites to do so. Both are equally as likely.

2. Many representatives of Nintendo have said many different things that later proved to be entirely false, just said for PR purposes (until a decision has been cleared for announcement to the press, they will deny the decision has been made.) The most recent and infamous being of course the constant denial of a Wii price drop. Lo and behold, here we are, $50 cheaper.

3. I'm not sure how you have verified this. This could be true, but all we have is your word for it and no reason to take your word for it.

The reason they reacted angrily is because your OP is incredibly condescending and aggressive; the way you address your fellow forumites as "you people" and talk about them as having gotten "worked up" to the point that they abandoned all reason, and describe their position as a "wet dream". How did you ever expect that thread to go well?

And now you say you "cannot take them anymore". Well, tough. You picked that fight, so don't come running over here to recruit people to fight your fights for you.

Edited on by clicketyclick

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

29. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

@RandomWiiPlayer - Oh, the fun is there. Mostly to the fact that you don't have to worry about making negative comments yourself.

But I like making negative comments.

as long as you're making them there and not here, more power to you. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

30. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@RandomWiiPlayer: I have three proofs:

1. The two sites that started this rumor have taken down the related subject.What does this prove? The same thing happened with Star Wars Battlefront 3 and Lucasarts, but it will most likely happen.
2. Masahiro Sakurai confirmed last year that downloadable contents will not be in Super Smash Bros. BrawlHe works for Nintendo, the same Nintendo that said the DSi didn't exist, the Wii wasn't having a price cut, and that Wii Sports Resort wouldn't be bundled with the Wii. It was said on the IGN forum that they were trying to keep it on the hush, they could be doing that now
3. The game is not programmed to have DLC.How do you know this? Did you program it? Did you hack it? I didn't think so.

Read the bold.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

31. Posted:

If DLC were to be happening for Brawl, we would have seen it already. The game has been out for almost 2 years.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

32. Posted:

WhoKnew wrote:

If DLC were to be happening for Brawl, we would have seen it already. The game has been out for almost 2 years.

Not true, Nintendo could be making packs of DLC instead of little bits. That would take longer.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

33. Posted:

A secret plan to unleash DLC years after release, not likely, think that belongs in the crazy conspiracies category of thought.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

34. Posted:

Reala wrote:

A secret plan to unleash DLC years after release, not likely, think that belongs in the crazy conspiracies category of thought.

I'm just saying, it isn't impossible, it isn't likely either, but it can happen.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass_X0

35. Posted:

what happened to your blog topic?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

36. Posted:

Bass+X0 wrote:

what happened to your blog topic?

There was a war going on in there, then I went to bed. When I awoke, it was gone. No fair on SSBF. :(

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

orlick

37. Posted:

I am surprised gamers 'want' DLC - frankly I want finished games.

Amazing thst the 'want' of DLC is considered a negative for Wii - lol....

Same with patches - you test our games for us, and you need a flipping highspeed conection to fix them....ugh.

The PC Console gaming model is full of cracks, some quite severe.

Ben Cartwright: You and your education.
Adam Cartwright: Education is progress! Now what have you got against it?
Ben Cartwright: I don't have anything against education - as long as it doesn't interfere with your thinking!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

38. Posted:

I don't want DLC...I'd settle for a new disc version of Brawl (i.e. Brawl Remix) or a plain old "new" SSB (i.e. SSB FIsticuffs.)

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

orlick

39. Posted:

I would take 8-bit smash brothers- nes only charachters and stages

Or Smash B-squad - the only rule is no charachters from the first 3 games.

Or Smash Ds - portable smash.

Something to mix it up.

Ben Cartwright: You and your education.
Adam Cartwright: Education is progress! Now what have you got against it?
Ben Cartwright: I don't have anything against education - as long as it doesn't interfere with your thinking!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass_X0

40. Posted:

I saw the war. I'd assumed that all the "war" posts would be deleted and the topic be kept under watch by the mods to make sure nobody tries to start it up again there rather than just deleting the whole topic.

Now how will we ever know what SmashBrosFan is thinking!?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!