Forums

Topic: Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away.

Posts 181 to 200 of 261

Boidoh

I feel bad now knowing what I was doing in the last moments of Iwata's life....

MK7 Boidoh Community - 00-7129-7795-9381
Wii - 7071-2402-1059-5699
Mario Kart Wii - 3611-6537-0475
Dr. Mario Online RX - 4430-2128-3154

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7750-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: Boidoh

6ch6ris6

just watching the e3 2005 presentation again. damn iwata really was a gamer in his heart.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Boidoh

Anyone got any old directs to suggest for a re-watch?

MK7 Boidoh Community - 00-7129-7795-9381
Wii - 7071-2402-1059-5699
Mario Kart Wii - 3611-6537-0475
Dr. Mario Online RX - 4430-2128-3154

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7750-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: Boidoh

spizzamarozzi

Man, and to think all this time he was so sick and still he found the will to cope with the bullcrap that we throw at the company daily, like all the complaints for the E3 presentation or the petition to get Federation Force cancelled and all the other stuff that you just have to take a small step back to see how pointless it is. It all feels meaningless now - and probably was meaningless all along.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

-Green-

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Man, and to think all this time he was so sick and still he found the will to cope with the bullcrap that we throw at the company daily, like all the complaints for the E3 presentation or the petition to get Federation Force cancelled and all the other stuff that you just have to take a small step back to see how pointless it is. It all feels meaningless now - and probably was meaningless all along.

It's terrible to imagine how stressful and difficult his job was. Even while sick he managed to deal with the issues and still loved gaming. He was a truely humble and inspiring man.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TeeJay

I feel awful to have contributed to all the backlash from this previous E3. It must have caused it him so much stress that he just didn't need in his condition.

I'm so sorry, Iwata.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TylerTheCreator

spizzamarozzi wrote:

So many Nintendo fanboys are whiny babies! I bet Federation Force is gonna be fun as hell. Why make a petition to stop the development of a game? How about you just don't play it when it comes out?

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

TylerTheCreator

@TeeJay: You should be. Because the Wii U isn't the greatest in some people's eyes, he's just has been getting all trash talk from so-called fans. "Fans" who probably weren't educated enough to know about all the great things he's done for Nintendo for years and years, even before he became president. But people like to look for someone to blame. He's not the only person making decisions at Nintendo - he has plenty of people to help him do that. But people are always eager to bring out the pitchforks. I feel so bad for him because he didn't deserve any of the crap he got.

TylerTheCreator

TeeJay

@TylerTheCreator: I certainly was not educated enough about him to know about many of his accomplishments, which I only learned about now that he's gone and everyone has been making lists of them.

I was around however to know about that big price cut he took to his own paycheck, but I had completely forgotten about it. Say whatnyou want, I deserve it.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TylerTheCreator

@TeeJay: I'm sorry. I shouldn't have directed it at you. We should all just mourn his loss together.

TylerTheCreator

-Green-

It's common human behavior for people to target a single individual and blame them for all problems they're experiencing. Even when the events themselves are out of their hands, people just want to blame someone to explain all things wrong.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TylerTheCreator

@Aromaiden: Indeed, and it's really unfortunate in this case. Iwata was the president when Nintendo's best selling portable and Nintendo's best selling console were released. But, those people like to forget about that.

TylerTheCreator

CM30

Well, this is somewhat questionable:

https://gamingreinvented.com/nintendoarticles/nintendo-fan-cr...

Someone made a smartphone game with Satoru Iwata as the main character and submitted it to the Google Play Store and Windows Phone Store. Given that it looks like a pretty standard infinite runner type app... yeah, it could be seen as a tiny bit disrespectful to be honest.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Socar

I made a video about my thoughts about his death.....I hope I said my part right.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

RR529

I fired up Kirby's Adventure 3D in memorium. Decided to go straight to the final boss fight, which is one of my favorites in all of gaming.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

veeflames

I played Mario & Luigi: PiT in honor of Iwata.
I also played Smash Bros. Wii U. Using my main, Kirby (who is one of Iwata's creations), I taunted before every match. Most people returned the taunt... even those that were tough to beat/fight.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

6ch6ris6

very interesting to see that there are almost no trolls around saying stupid stuff about iwata's death. says a lot about the impact iwata had to the gaming industry and community and that he was a very special CEO of a very special company

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.