Forums

Topic: Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away.

Posts 161 to 180 of 261

Faruko

You are making it look like if Nintendo was a one man company... There were tons of people behind him and helping him take the decisions, he might have the final one but im sure he wasnt the only one.

He was the CEO, yes, but Nintendo is also a company with owners, and those owners also accepted Iwatas decision, i doubt they would throw everything away just because he died (T_T)...

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

OutCold

Disease is a horrible thing, lost my father a month ago to ALS. I feel the pain and my heart and thoughts go out to his family. RIP Mr. Iwata

the unattainable is unknown at zombo com
MH4U/MHG/MHW: Guts
~ close eyes, perceive with mind ~

TylerTheCreator

@OutCold: I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I can't even imagine how you feel right now.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

erv

@OutCold: oh man my sympathies. Don't ever beat up on yourself for sadness, it is sad to lose someone so close and it takes time to get to feeling better again. The loss needs a place somewhere.

We could've seen this coming, but man, today is a sad day.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Nicolai

Inkling wrote:

There was a rainbow above Nintendo's headquarters today.

Untitled

Oh my, that is just surreal.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Azooooz

Iwata's notable accomplishments:

• HAL Laboratory as game developer.
  • Developer of Balloon Fight.
  • One of Kirby's developers.
  • Helped developing Mother/Earthbound series and was able to bring some of them to the west.
  • Helped debugging the entire Super Smash Bros. for N64.
  • Co-Founder of Creatures Inc. known for developing Pokémon games.
  • Successfully able to include Kanto region into Pokémon Gold/Silver along with Johto by compressing regions' data sizes.
  • Programmed Pokémon Stadium N64 using Pokémon Red/Blue original coding.
  • Introduced GameCube on behalf of Hiroshi Yamaguchi in 2001.
  • Earned the respect of Hiroshi Yamaguchi, Nintendo's 3rd president, and was appointed as 4th CEO of Nintendo in 2002, and the first to succeed in running Nintendo that's not from Hiroshi's family.
  • Revolutionized the gaming industry by revealing Nintendo DS in 2004, and Wii in 2006.
  • Revealed Nintendo 3DS in 2011 and Nintendo Wii U in late 2012.
  • Created Nintendo Direct, a monthly or bi-monthly video event that provides updates about Nintendo games.
  • Took a courageous choice of saving some employees from the layoff by cutting half of his salary when the company faced net losses for two years straight.
  • Iwata Ask, a segment of which Iwata interviewed with different developers for Nintendo consoles..
  • Created Nintendo Digital Event.

His famous quote:

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
Satoru Iwata in his keynote speech at GDC 2005

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Haiassai

It wouldn't be grandly profitable, but it would be grand if they made an Iwata amiibo.

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

Haiassai wrote:

It wouldn't be grandly profitable, but it would be grand if they made an Iwata amiibo.

I think that's an awesome idea.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Nicolai

I've been thinking; All of these major changes this year, with Club Nintendo getting replaced, the partnership with DeNA, the partnership with universal studios, the general expansion of Nintendo IP, etc., I wonder if Mr. Iwata had a sort of near-death experience with his surgery last year, and with a sudden revelation, attempted to turn the company around with changes that would help the company after his passing. Or maybe some of these changes were made before the fact; I don't know, but it makes me feel like the company is going to be fine for at least a few years with his influence.

This just makes me even more anxious to find out what the NX is all about, because it's going to have a whole lot of Iwata in it.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

-Green-

@Nicolai: I thought that too. I wouldn't be surprised if he planned ahead, considering how ill he was.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haiassai

Nicolai wrote:

I've been thinking; All of these major changes this year, with Club Nintendo getting replaced, the partnership with DeNA, the partnership with universal studios, the general expansion of Nintendo IP, etc., I wonder if Mr. Iwata had a sort of near-death experience with his surgery last year, and with a sudden revelation, attempted to turn the company around with changes that would help the company after his passing. Or maybe some of these changes were made before the fact; I don't know, but it makes me feel like the company is going to be fine for at least a few years with his influence.

This just makes me even more anxious to find out what the NX is all about, because it's going to have a whole lot of Iwata in it.

I do hope that the new overseers do it justice.

Haiassai

Haiassai

TylerTheCreator wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

I think that's an awesome idea.

But seriously: they already showcased Iwata's mii Fighter. I'm sure having him as skins wouldn't be that hard either. I would definitely buy one.

Haiassai

NintendoFan64

@Nicolai Maybe he knew he was dying, and wanted to get as much done as possible before he passed.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Randomname19

Untitled
Nintendo,make an update to MM3D where you add Iwata's Mask to the Happy Mask Salesman backpack now!

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

yokokazuo

I saw this a while ago, makes me laugh every time I watch it. I already miss Iwata's "Direct" pose...

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Socar

Randomname19 wrote:

Untitled
Nintendo,make an update to MM3D where you add Iwata's Mask to the Happy Mask Salesman backpack now!

Wow......So how does it work and what to do to get it?

Btw, how is it that they put legacy for Iwata but not so much for Hiroshi Yamauchi or Gunpei Yokoi. Granted, Yokoi had his game and gallery series (Which is somehow missing btw....really wanted to try out the series.) But what about Hiroshi Yamauchi besides Majora's Mask?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aozz101x

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/238378-peta-shares-a-statem...

We at PETA are deeply saddened by the death of Nintendo's Satoru Iwata. Many of us grew up with Nintendo—we've celebrated games such as Nintendogs, which PETA Europe named Best Animal-Friendly Video Game, and our love for these games powered the parodies we've made, such as the Super Mario Bros.–spoofing Super Chick Sisters, in which players try to save Princess Pamela Anderson from the evil Colonel Sanders, and Pokémon Black & Blue: Gotta Free 'Em All, in which players battle to free Pokémon from human enslavement. Our thoughts are with Mr. Iwata's family and everyone at Nintendo today.

Edit: Here's Skype
Untitled

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

thatguyEZ

Untitled

Tis a sad day indeed. He seemed to be a truly genuine person and really cared about the fans and those whose lives Nintendo's games have affected. Which is more than you can say about many of the people in the industry today.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

nacho_chicken

Aozz wrote:

We at PETA are deeply saddened by the death of Nintendo's Satoru Iwata. Many of us grew up with Nintendo—we've celebrated games such as Nintendogs, which PETA Europe named Best Animal-Friendly Video Game, and our love for these games powered the parodies we've made, such as the Super Mario Bros.–spoofing Super Chick Sisters, in which players try to save Princess Pamela Anderson from the evil Colonel Sanders, and Pokémon Black & Blue: Gotta Free 'Em All, in which players battle to free Pokémon from human enslavement. Our thoughts are with Mr. Iwata's family and everyone at Nintendo today.

The PETA one actually disgusts me. They demonized Nintendo's most popular games, and now they say they love Nintendo, and have sent a generic PR response in order to win some internet goodie points. Despicable.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Aozz101x

nacho_chicken wrote:

Aozz wrote:

The PETA one actually disgusts me. They demonized Nintendo's most popular games, and now they say they love Nintendo, and have sent a generic PR response in order to win some internet goodie points. Despicable.

i wanted to refuse to post PETA's since they did make really bad games, but since PETA :"is so sorry to see him go" i may as well post it,

did like what Skype said

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.