Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 14,301 to 14,320 of 14,348

Twilight_Crow

Happy week everypony!

Hadn't seen this place this alive in ages, good to see you all watching poneh! Keep those impressions on the new episodes coming!

My thoughts on Castle Sweet Castle:

I guess they really tried to balance the sad moments in this episode, with lot's of funny moments, because it was the funniest episode in a while for me. I just liked the full cast here, and I'm really happy the new writers got the mane 6 + Spike right. I was expecting a bit more feels, but they did get the point clear, that moving onto better things doesn't mean forgetting your roots... and that came out being too literal. Maybe in the future the magical tree and that chandelier will do something together mmm? That would be sweet.

@FX102A Welcome to the NL brony thread!

@Lunapplebloom Hey there! Good to see you posting, and good thing you were around, even if only lurking. It's great you liked the premiere that much. Yeah, Aqueous and I are trying to set up some Magic matches over Skype, you should show for a bit when we do that, we can just chat a little. My friend Daniel will be there, he's a very cool dude, just a little bit obsessed with Magic: The Gathering.

@Aqueous That crossover is just too cool. I hope you finally contacted Daniel, let me know if he writes you back. 19th sounds hard for all of us, best drop it, we'll try on 26th; hope we can actually play Friendship. Glad you did enjoy new pony.

@ToastyYogurt Hi there, glad to see you around and don´t worry, Magic will be there if you ever want to play. Also, we are having some troubles finding free time to set it up anyway. Keep enjoying Pony!

Good luck to you all with those hunting sessions!

FoTW

GrimWolf's short story recommendation is a go! Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
For want of a book by Hoopy McGee
[On fimfiction Adventure Complete Everyone]
Twilight Sparkle, personal student of Princess Celestia, is sent by her teacher to retrieve a very specific book from the Royal Library. The only problem is, she doesn't know what it's called or where to find it.
Fortunately for her, libraries are the most orderly, most mundane and certainly the safest of places one could possibly be. Or, so she thinks.
Twilight is about to find out how very strange the world of books can truly be.

The story starts very subtly, with a simple task for Twilight Sparkle from Princess Celestia. But soon things start to escalate and what it seems like a simple task becomes something mysterious. The story is an attempt for a crossover with Terry Pratcher's "Disc World", but even not knowing this novel, the story is quite enjoyable.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And Twilight's new hairstyle...

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Aqueous

Found this week's episode a tad predictable, but it wasn't bad, not how I expected it to go.

@ToastyYogurt - You were lucky to get those cards, didn't get that lucky myself. I thought the character matches were pretty good. Applejack-Rarity is the only one I might have flipped.

@Twilight_Crow - Got it, I'll keep my ear out on the 26th then but yes much playing of friendship and many casts of cancel. Wasn't expecting it but so far this season is sitting good with me. I'll pass along the oldish message to Daniel today, he has said hello. Can't recall his user name here if there was one. Thank you for the luck. Oh and I got you on Pokemon Rumble.

Oh yes, random silly one from a while back,
Untitled
Source: http://cheezburger.com/8441232128

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Electricmastro

Are the creators meaning to tell us that all of the adventures which took place in between "May the Best Pet Win!" (episode 33) and "Tanks for the Memories" (episode 96) happened in less than one year?

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Aqueous

So quiet right now especially seeing as a season is on. Have we really lost that many or don't have much to say right now?

@Electricmastro - Maybe and if so, we might have only just seen a year and a bit of pony time since this series began. As Winter wrap up was Episode 13 of season 1, unless another year happened before "May the Best Pet Win".

[spoilers]I really enjoyed the "Grinch who stole Christmas in "Tanks for the Memories".[.spoiler]

Last episode was certainly interesting, not my favourite but an interesting episode.

I'll be filling in for @Twilight_Crow this week. yay. Which means its time for

FoTW

Fan Fiction Flashback, let's have a little twist, rather then post all new stuff, I'm going to bring back some previously posted Fan Fiction and one new Fic as there hasn't been any new fiction in a while. Author's names link to their respective Fimfiction account pages where applicable, to find more of their work.

Let's put in an old favourite from the past,
The Empty Room by Wanderer D
[Links to Fimfiction, Rated: Teen, Tagged with: Romance, Tragedy, Dark and Adventure, Finished(?): Incomplete/(Complete)]
Previous Posts: 341, 8838, 14171
I'm not going to do a better job then Twilight_Crow or Wanderer D for giving this one a quick description but I'll take a stab at it.An empty room, sealed away and kept hidden in Canterlot Castle is discovered by Luna. Leading to a mystery that brings back a forgotten foe, dark history and a secret conspiracy dating back 20 years or more.
As a note the story it is actually complete but there is a rewrite on pause since March 2014 that is incomplete. I haven't dug into the rewrite yet myself but the story has a nice plot, good twists and strong writing, making it worth a read. There is a small bit of NSFW in a few parts, nothing bad, just slightly suggestive but it doesn't take away from the story and skipping over it won't cause you to miss anything important.

I happen to love this one and since I decided to focus on returning old fics from the thread. I had to add this one.
The Perfect Night Sky by Twilight_Crow and @Noire (PhilomenaSage at the time)
[Links to Fimfiction, Rated: E, Tagged with: Slice of Life, Complete]
Previous Posts: 810, 4624
A Short Story (Under 5,000 words) by our own Twilight_Crow and Noire. Set before Season 1, Episode 1, we get to see Twilight tackle an exam on astronomy and learn a little something on the side.

Lastly, something a little new that I stumbled upon and I don't believe has been posted here.
Just Dodge! by DannyJ
[Links to Fimfiction, Rated: Teen, Tagged with: Dark, Comedy, Complete]
Previous Posts: N/A
Not as dark as the tag suggests, it is a comedy story involving Lyra playing or betting on a little game with Discord and of course, a little bit of crazy occurs. Clever concept and worth a read.

And in recent tradition, pony art:
Untitled
Hurray for Jiggly!
Source: Unlikely the real one but better then nothing, http://cheezburger.com/8393190656

Oh yeah and has anypony else caught/saw Discord in the new opening clip with that short song?

Edited on by Aqueous

Aqueous

@OneBagTravel - It might, the topic comes up a number of times.
Show is well written and has a good sense of humor. The animation being good and a well built world helps. Also when song does come up it is usually very good.

Xingen

Are 700+ pages really needed to describe why people of all ages can enjoy a cartoon?
The great Rebeltaxi once said...
"if grown men are into my little pony don't mess with them, everyone has the right to enjoy things" or something like that.

why are you even reading this man

Twitter:

MsJubilee

@Xingen You joined 24 minutes ago and this is your first forum post? Well alrighty then welcome to NL! Where you can lose your soul in a blink of an eye to these tyrants we call mods!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Xingen

TwilightAngel wrote:

@Xingen You joined 24 minutes ago and this is your first forum post? Well alrighty then welcome to NL! Where you can lose your soul in a blink of an eye to these tyrants we call mods!

Hiya, and thanks for the welcome.

Mods can't be worse than the ones on Reddit.

why are you even reading this man

Twitter:

MsJubilee

Xingen wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Xingen You joined 24 minutes ago and this is your first forum post? Well alrighty then welcome to NL! Where you can lose your soul in a blink of an eye to these tyrants we call mods!

Hiya, and thanks for the welcome.

Mods can't be worse than the ones on Reddit.

Just kidding about the mod they're very nice here.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

RegalSin

OneBagTravel wrote:

I'm guessing that even if I went through all 750 pages of this thread, I still wouldn't understand why grown dudes are into this.

That is because they are soo darn "love-able". I can alternative meanings for
♥......this symbol is also found of the floors of old Rome. I mean yes it is an terrible sick minded idea, but I don't really care because you know what with 2001. Of course your a parent and have the choice of letting your children watch such an show. IDNOTCARE ANYMORE MYLITTLEPONY IS NOTHING IN THE BARREL COMPARED TO BIGGER ISSUES.

The one who talks to nature ( is an shy, timid, nice girl who is polite, and finds reliance in the most strangest of places ). I mean yeah sheee is soo dreammyy.

The pink one, is the one you have to marry ( if she was an girl ), or at least the most girly girly craziest of of all of them. She also does tons of "looney tunes" and "Lum Chan" moments.

The country bumpkin one, is the most self-reliant. Also she speaks that mid-western American talk as well, and has freckles. I mean auwh.

The purple one ( the leader and main character ) is basically the one who is concerned with responsibility. Personally I do not like her at all, because she keep abusing the Baby Spyro dragon thingy. Who is basically her boy-slave. I hate her, she is so dominatrix.

Then their is WHITE rich pony with the BLEACHED skin, and EXECUTIVE HAIR CUT. She is an nice tamed but effeminate lady like queen pony. The yuppie, hipster, Trust-fund baby Pony.
Juridian ( see "Space Balls" ) Pony....I mean money does buy.........slick job pony.

The point is that every-time I see that show, I just want to inappropriately cuddle with an stuffed animal...................."my little pony, my little pony"..... friendship is magic.........the special kind of magic....I mean wow we can't browse the internet freely anymore but we could purchase an mini-horse and do whatever we want. In the ♥ kinda way.

Terrible, just terrible. So terrible I am addicted to it a bit as well. Especially two first "Ponies" I mentioned. It is so terrible it makes "Clerks 2" looks like an bad joke. I mean omgsh,...see the end of "Clerks 2"..............Pony.

Edited on by RegalSin

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

LaserdiscGal

TwilightAngel wrote:

Tyrant is to nice of a term, those jerks are far worse

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

MsJubilee

@RegalSin Has any one told you make some insane posts that sometimes make no sense at all? Just like the one you just made right now?

Edited on by MsJubilee

Twilight_Crow

Happy week everypony!

Ah many new faces for me. I am not around any other parts of the NL forums anymore, because so much work. Hello to anyone who stumbles around this thread!

I've been busier than ever, so not many posts; and no time for big comments on the new episodes, but I did see them. Very good stuff in Bloom & Gloom and Thanks for the Memories, and Apleoosa's Most Wanted was ok (Polsky, you are just a weird writer), so far nice season; now bring me my Celestia centered episode and we can all be happy.

@Aqueous Thank you very much for filling in for me my friend. Nice version of the FoTW! I'll stay in contact, I wanna try to find some time for Magic matches this month.

FoTW

And I return this week with another short story recommendation form GrimWolf. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
The Jerk That Time Forgot by King of Beggars
[On fimfiction Comedy Complete Teen]
Twilight Sparkle finds herself with an embarrassment of riches. She's got her own kingdom, great friends, some kind of Rainbow Magic, and her own castle! Nothing could go wrong... or so she thought. Something has risen from the depths of her new home to threaten the peace of Equestria. Something old, something powerful, something hungry...

Twilight's new castle has so many secrets and one of them lives in the basement and it hungers... for sandwich. Twilight Sparkle discovers Startswirl The Bearded in the basement of her castle after a 1000 year banishment. Why? Because he is an arrogant jerk that insults and provokes everyone around him. Unfortunately what they do to solve the problem isn't the best solution. The story starts slow and it really doesn't conclude properly, but it makes you laugh with the absurdity of the characters.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And science Twilight... because science!

Untitled

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Aqueous

@Xingen - WELCOME!

@Twilight_Crow - YAY! Thank you, I think its not really FoTW but more filling in and have noted it as such on the Fan Fic list. Still glad you like it and I'll likely do it again sometime, I'll try and keep it mostly focused on already posted fics mostly is my goal though if it runs again.
I hope we can keep in touch, I'm looking forward to some more battles of friendship Might send you a pm later on FimFiction.

Season 5 Episode 7 (Expect spoilers)

[spoilers]Watching someone, even Discord act in such a manner is hard on me, making this the first episode of the season to be cringe worthy and hard to watch but it made for some good laughs and story/lesson. I've got to say though, Pinkie spotting Discord playing as Solid Snake with the arrow and everything was a good laugh. The smooze made for an interesting touch. Figures Celestia invites Discord just like she invited Twilight and her friends. Oh, that would suggest that we've certainly had a year, one gala to another and we had two winters now. I'm not sure who else enjoyed it, but Discord ripping a portal to another dimension to banish Tree Huger (Honestly, that's the name?), I was kind of hoping he would, so we could see what the other world he picked was, almost had my fingers crossed it was ours, just to see what craziness would come of it. Maybe next time?[/spoilers]

I'm sure this has been here before but since I've been listening to it lately and its been likely 1000-3000 posts or at least months since we last put any pony music in here, have pony music.

Edited on by Aqueous

MasterGraveheart

I've been enjoying Season 5! They're really hitting all the right marks with me and not getting too crazy. Well, aside from Discord and Pinkie, but they're to be expected. Delightful!

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Aqueous

A little later then planned but I finally got to it but it is time since my mind finally remembered.

I'll be filling in for @Twilight_Crow. Which means its time for

FoTW:FFF

Time for my twist of FoTW. I'm going to bring back a past fan fic and a few details on it.

Time for a Project involving one Princess Luna.
The LUNA Project by The Equestrian Gentlecolt
[Links to Fimfiction, Rated: Teen, Tagged with: Adventure, Human. Complete]
Previous Posts: 1624
Shockingly this hasn't been seen since January 2012, when FoTW was called "fic of the week", blind bags of ponies were recent and FoTW just got bold to help point it out. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the ending but I enjoyed the writing and story.
I won't say when or where this takes us but I'll say this much, this isn't the Luna we know or at least not for now and she is very much alone. I'll let you learn and discover the rest of the tale.

Not sure where it came from but I have been saving this I assumed since TJ last posted a pony in Fire Emblem clothing, not sure when it was, I only keep track of Fan Fics
Untitled

Edited on by Aqueous

Lunapplebloom

Looks like nothing has moved for 2 weeks now. I'll give this thing a jolt then.

So I'm guessing Fic of the Week is out? I hope not, but if so, thanks @Twilight_Crow for taking that on. I really enjoyed it, and hope there may be more in the future. Thanks also @Aqueous for taking on duties for her when needed.

Been really liking this season thus far, and just saw episode 100. That thing was amazing! I'd go into it, but first spoilers.

Man alive! I can't believe what they got away with in this. So much fandom love, and they managed to make a pretty complete plot while at it as well. Having Derpy as the main focused background pony really did make this episode feel special. And not just her, but everypony got their chance to shine. My favorites being The Doctor (Allons-y!), Octavia speaking and doing stuff with Vinyl, and Celestia and Luna's little bickering. Having Bonbon as one of Celestia's secret agents was bizarre, but seemed to fit it now that I think about it. All in all, I hope that they continue with the personalities that they established here from the fandom and continue to to use these characters more often, and just not in the next milestone episode.

And just because I'm sure no one has posted it, and not sure anyone has seen it. The animation that is Lullaby for a Princess. So many feels...

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Discostew

Haven't been here for a long time. I've yet to watch the last 2 episodes that aired.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.