Forums

Topic: IGN Top 100 RPGs - Top 20 Revealed

Posts 21 to 40 of 88

Mieu-Fire

o.o tales of destiny better then tales of symphonia erm bothr eally good but symphonia needs to be like in the top 20 but whatever not my opinion idc

MANGO

RR529

Gamesake wrote:

The problem with Ginormous top 100 lists is they'll end up sticking games on it that aren't very good just to pad the list to 100. Oh look. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Wild Arms, and Shadow Hearts: Covenant are on the list. This isn't a list of 100 top RPGs, this is a list of 100 random RPGs.

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but what's wrong with Super Mario RPG? That game had some awesome moments.

I personally think KH, KHII, & FFX should be listed in much better positions than they are, but I haven't played most of these, so whatever

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MikeDanger

zezhyrule wrote:

FFXIII was one of the biggest disappointments ever for you? I have to ask, what exactly did you go into it expecting?

Well after seeing how awesome FF 7,8,9,10,12 are I figured it would be at least fun. This is like a CD-i Full Motion Video game where you only move forward and keep pressing X and you'll win.

Just because a game looks pretty doesn't make it a good game yet alone a great game.

FF13 sucked i'm sorry bro.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

zezhyrule

Sorry to break this to you, but some people happen to enjoy lots of cutscenes. And I'm not sure how you ever beat it if all you did was mash X.

It's nice to know that you think it sucks, I guess. You didn't give much of a reason though.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

moomoo

The games on the list I'm okay with, actually, and the top 10 is pretty darn good. Yeah, I'd replace Persona 4 (90, seriously?!) with Diablo 2, but outside of that it's okay... I guess.
Still, by putting Persona 4 at 90 IGN basically said all of the games above it are better than Persona 4. I'm sorry, I can't accept that when almost all of those games aren't even on the same level as Persona 4 (including Persona 3, weirdly enough).

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

MikeDanger

zezhyrule wrote:

Sorry to break this to you, but some people happen to enjoy lots of cutscenes. And I'm not sure how you ever beat it if all you did was mash X.

It's nice to know that you think it sucks, I guess. You didn't give much of a reason though.

what other reason is there? thats the whole game, no sidequests, no easter eggs, no open world exploration, every battle starts you with 100% health, some characters are useless.

Though I liked the stagger, and the boss battles kind of had some challenge. And Snow was cool.

But it was a dissapointment anyways compared to 7,8,9,10,12,Tactics and others that I haven't played. Look if you liked it, cool i'll end it here,i'm sure there's games that I like that you think they suck as well.

All in all my favorite FF game is FF tactics, and I would have put Chrono Trigger over FF6. But again I can't argue much with this list. Only that it had way to many PC games there. And of course no Nocturne, Devil Survivor, etc.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

-Juice-

Xenoblade beats most of these.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

MikeDanger

@zez of couse. that's one of the beauties of life.

Edited on by MikeDanger

Colors 3D:

Bankai

Lol there's no Nier, The Witcher 2 isn't in the top 5, Dark Souls is ranked higher than Demon's Souls and Morrowind is listed behind Skyrim and Oblivion.

There is also very little recognition of early-era WRPGs on that list, so terrible research to go with terrible taste in games.

shingi_70

Skyrim in the top 10.

List is pretty flawed as the term RPG is too board to do a top 100 list any justice. A lot of the placements are odd. For example why is pokemon red/blue on the list when say gold/silver is a better game in every respect. Withstand that logic than other first in the series should be on the list.

Also mmo's seem out of place on the list. Lack of costume quest as well secert of mama/AdvanceWars/ and Witcher 2 kills the list.

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chrono_Cross

Odin Sphere is better than Chrono Cross?

Oh... IGN...

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Wheels2050

Go BGII!

I'm also incredibly surprised that Freedom Force got a placing - I didn't know people even remembered that it exists.

(Also, I like how they say Morrowind really 'put Elder Scrolls on the map'. You know, 'cos nobody ever paid attention to the PC games...)

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

theblackdragon

OlympicCho wrote:

terrible research to go with terrible taste in games.

at least they're consistent i guess...

also, i know it's just a random list (truer words were never spoken, Gamesake), but what the ever-loving hell is SMRPG doing twenty places ahead of Suikoden II? As much as I love SMRPG, it can't hold a candle to the depth, size, and replay value of any Suikoden game IMO, much less II ffs.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

Some of those games on the list I wouldnt even count them as RPGs. Secret of Mana is not an RPG neither are any of the Diablo series. Sure they may have RPG type elements like leveling up but thats about it. That doesn't make them an RPG though.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

Mana is an action RPG and diablo is a rougelike dungeon crawler rpg.

The term is pretty board.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

retired_account

lol Chrono Trigger isn't #1. You missed April 1st IGN.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.