Forums

Topic: IGN Top 100 RPGs - Top 20 Revealed

Posts 41 to 60 of 88

shingi_70

Meant broad

Also suprised earthbound want in he top 10.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Sony_70 wrote:

Mana is an action RPG and diablo is a rougelike dungeon crawler rpg.

Rougelike??? Never heard of that term before everyone has always referred to Diablo as a dungeon crawler, heck that list is the first time that I have ever heard of it being called an RPG.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Bankai

Tasuki wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Mana is an action RPG and diablo is a rougelike dungeon crawler rpg.

Rougelike??? Never heard of that term before everyone has always referred to Diablo as a dungeon crawler, heck that list is the first time that I have ever heard of it being called an RPG.

Dungeon crawler is a sub-genre of the RPG genre though? Diablo is closer to a real RPG than anything JRPG anyway.

Happy_Mask

You can't take this seriously. Why? Because Xenoblade dominates all other RPGs! >:3.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

moomoo

pixelman wrote:

lol Chrono Trigger isn't #1. You missed April 1st IGN.

I don't think that is really the big problem here. #2 is pretty darn awesome, and of all the games to beat it, Final Fantasy VI would definitely be the one to beat it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Mieu-Fire

O.O where tales of the abyss..........................................
the best game of all time(my opinion) not on this list......
IGN this really isnt april fools.....
whatever idc not my opinion

MANGO

e-love

Why is Earthbound so low? Lower than FREAKING SKYRIM

I'm offended.
At least I know Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI will never be dethroned by such trash.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

MikeDanger

Front Mission 3 made it to the list, that actually made me a little happy. I loved that game back in the PS1 days.... I should buy it again sometime.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

zezhyrule

I don't get how FFIV and VI could both make it in the top 5 and yet FFV is nowhere to be seen. It's definitely better than IV, if not VI as well.

And yeah, putting Xenoblade that low (even if I don't like it much) is just asking for hate. There are three Elder Scrolls games in front of it... And three Fallout games... and two pokemon games... o.o
and Persona 4 at 90... wow that's such a joke

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

e-love

I think the Pokemon games deserve to be where they are. Although, Ruby / Sapphire are so much better than Black / White, but that's just me.

zezhyrule

Pokemon Red/Blue... Fun games but yeah... I cannot see them being better than half those RPGs.

Besides nostalgia.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

e-love

They basically put it just as the fact that its Pokemon at its core. It was the start of the biggest RPG (not even just RPG) phenomenon to ever happen.

Geonjaha

Emaan wrote:

I think the Pokemon games deserve to be where they are. Although, Ruby / Sapphire are so much better than Black / White, but that's just me.

Dragon Quest V pretty much invented the monster taming aspect of games that Pokemon was based on. Its existence led to the existence of the Dragon Quest Monsters and arguably the Pokemon franchise. Jus' saying.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

e-love

Regardless of what inspired the concept, its not an argument against the significance of the first game in any series. Just because there were other adventure games on the market before The Legend of Zelda, doesn't make the original game any less important to the series and the legacy it has today. The same with Pokemon, Red and Blue is what started it all. Its popularity setup what would go on to become a huge entity in our popular culture.

Knux

WTF is this sh*t? Xenoblade Chronicles is 41, Kingdom Hearts is 84 (while being WAY below Kingdom Hearts II, which is nothing compared to the first installment), Paper Mario 1 is NOWHERE on the list, Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story are not on the list while Partners in Time is for some d*mn reason (which is the worst installment in the series), and Radiant Historia is NOWHERE on that list. The only good thing I can say about the list is that some of the games I love ARE on top of the list like KOTOR, FFIV, Chrono Trigger, and FFVI.

Who made this effed up list? Oh wait, it's IGN. Move along people, nothing to see here.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

RR529

I'm quite surprised that Tales of the Abyss didn't even make it on the list (from what I've heard, it was regarded the best in the series until a recent release).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.