Forums

Topic: IGN E3 2010 Award Nominations

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

shingi_70

From impression 's i've read from mutiple sites Natal is atcually really good and i've been hearing that the animal game is a fully realized nintendogs and the sports game is really responsive.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Magi

zezhyrule wrote:

... Livers of Nintendo...

I consider myself more of a spleen. Or maybe a kidney.

Magi

Philip_J_Reed

Magi wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

... Livers of Nintendo...

I consider myself more of a spleen. Or maybe a kidney.

I like to think of myself as something of a third nipple.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

HiroshiYamauchi

tealovertoma wrote:

Faron wrote:

I think it's understandable that zelda wasn't among the best overall games, since the demo shown in e3 was so constricted.

As opposed to Epic Mickey, which had... no playable demo at all, and a 5 minute presentation in which nothing actually happened.

Epic Mickey was playable on E3 floor, the same demo from the Nintendo conference. Here's the proof: [youtube:9UZ9PQqU5rM]

Edited on by HiroshiYamauchi

HiroshiYamauchi

ejamer

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

... Also, there are THIRTEEN nominations for best shooter, yet none are Conduit 2 or Goldeneye. Don't get me wrong, I didn't really like the first Conduit and Goldeneye is a remake... but neither of them was among the top THIRTEEN shooters? I find that strange. ...

I have no proof here, but my guess is this has something to do with the number of FPS titles at the show. Just about every second game for 360 and PS3 seems to be an FPS title, so I can imagine that there would be a huge number to choose from.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

retired_account

That was laughably bad.

Also, how the hell did Epic Mickey get the best Wii/Platformer game award? I didn't see anything even remotely interesting other than the 2D levels, and those are generic at best.

retired_account

Adam

You have to consider that this is based on demos. Demos tend to be boring.

You also have to consider that this is IGN. IGN tends to be dumb.

But mostly the demo thing.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

The Epic Mickey live demo bored the crap out of me.

I'm just going to conclude that IGN is dumb and they love boring demos.

retired_account

NotEnoughGolds

How is Mickey Mouse even the slightest bit relevant today? Just let him die. Also, the word epic. ugggh.
And I hate the name Kinect. omg you're connecting kinetically! Then, they take Kinect - an already stupid combination of words - and connect it again with animals, to get Kinectimals!
Which really doesn't sound anything like animals. It could just as easily be decimals or ... some other word that ends with -imal.
Nintendogs is different. It contains the entire word "Nintendo," and the entire word "dogs". Therefore, it is okay in my book. Kinectimals is horrible.

NotEnoughGolds

Kid_A

Now, now, now. Let's be reasonable. When they showed Epic Mickey, I was blown away. It's been one of my most anticipated games for some time now. However, I completely forgot about it once they showed off Kirby's Epic Yarn, Goldeneye and DonkeyKongCountry Returns. I think Mickey deserves a nomination, but there were better games at the show.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

I certainly wasn't impressed. I don't recall any other game requiring someone to come on stage to live demo, why this one? All that he showed for the most part was not much more exciting than watching paint dry -- perhaps because that's basically what we were watching.

I get it, there are supposed to be interesting applications of this, but we weren't shown the effects, just the random painting, and then a brief look at a side-scrolling level that, while fun-looking, awkwardly mixed black and white with weird colors. That level would look so marvelous if everything were black and white.

I still intend to keep an eye on the game, read reviews, etc. But that was unfortunately no more interesting than the Just Dance 2 trailer, which I still don't understand why Nintendo let run so long. Not exactly a standout game. Didn't know there was a Just Dance 1.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.