Forums

Topic: Has Disney lost it's heritage?

Posts 101 to 120 of 210

theblackdragon

@WaltzElf: Comedy Central and The Disney Channel are two completely different beasts. Last I checked, Disney was for children's programming, not late-night adult stuff; you're trying to compare apples with oranges.

Also, I have no idea what 'Gregory Horror Show' is, but I get the feeling I don't want to? lol

@Gmls: to be honest, I like both myself. American Dad too, but not so much The Cleveland Show. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Xkhaoz

The Fox wrote:

If you really want to see how bad they've become, look no further than this POS take on one of their classic cartoons. What. The. Hell. I mean, Blam!

Oh god, that sucked. The thing say "Have a Laugh" and I'm like While they have the classic cartoons unedited (though they are short versions, so they can show more crap pop-stars), they also have these terrible ones called ReMicks, where they take a good old' classic black and white Mickey Mosue cartoon, but ruin it with modern music. Here's one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWFrO8IMq_o&p=3D373E20A9F9...
And another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RReIwf9So90&feature=related
(I would embed it, but I don't feel like checking how to.)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

RoyalBlur

the shpydar wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Waltz: I know I can't speak for everyone, but I don't enjoy South Park for the animation, lol -- I enjoy it for the social commentary and/or sheer hilarity packed into (most) every episode. :3

This, exactly. Ironically, visually I actually liked the original paper-cut-outs style animation better than the modern "clean" look.

Regarding current Disney animated shows, i care less about the style/look of the animation (though it surely was much richer back in the hand-drawn days), but the content of the shows. Even if DuckTales had been done as stick figures on index cards, it still would blow away anything they put out these days.

Yes, the paper cut outs is exactly what has made Paper Mario so popular and successful.

However, at times animation style is very important. The styles of Adventure Time, Chowder and Flap Jack are what have aided them in being coming so popular and well loved.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Bankai

theblackdragon wrote:

@WaltzElf: Comedy Central and The Disney Channel are two completely different beasts. Last I checked, Disney was for children's programming, not late-night adult stuff; you're trying to compare apples with oranges.

Well, I'm comparing bad apples to bad oranges, would be more accurate. But what is bad to one person, is good to another, and doesn't mean their tastes are 'wrong' - see?

Point is, present-day Disney wouldn't be doing so well as a business if it didn't have a whole army of fans.

Also, I have no idea what 'Gregory Horror Show' is, but I get the feeling I don't want to? lol

OH MY GOD NO HOW CAN THIS BE!!!

Gregory Horror Show is the best thing since the Trap Door. I present you with a youtube as proof:

(I don't know how to embed )

ShinRPGGamer

Xkhaoz wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

If you really want to see how bad they've become, look no further than this POS take on one of their classic cartoons. What. The. Hell. I mean, Blam!

Oh god, that sucked. The thing say "Have a Laugh" and I'm like While they have the classic cartoons unedited (though they are short versions, so they can show more crap pop-stars), they also have these terrible ones called ReMicks, where they take a good old' classic black and white Mickey Mosue cartoon, but ruin it with modern music. Here's one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWFrO8IMq_o&p=3D373E20A9F9...
And another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RReIwf9So90&feature=related
(I would embed it, but I don't feel like checking how to.)

Oh god this is worse than blam never mind the the fact thier mocking the old cartoons but thier also mocking it with crappy music. now if you will excuse me, I have to throw up.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Punny

JadeGirl wrote:

PunnyGuy wrote:

@lz2010: DuckTales is a classic! So is this:

Anyone else think the animation of cartoons in the past looks better than the animation of today's cartoons?

Its ok but cartoons today are much better than before. The cartoon itself looked pretty cheesy but if they where to remake it, it would look better. I really like the The Suite Life of Sack and Cody on Deck, thats a very good program. @Toad Fan 101, I'm afraid your wrong with the whole dating thing a lot of young people do date in High School, at my friends High School a lot of young people date, so its not just in the tv show. Also on the news, they talk about 12 year olds having babies and having boyfriends which I do not agree with and its not right, thats just to young!

ROFL, that Blam! was pretty funny, if you guys don't like the show you guys got a huge problem I say. But I never saw Blam! on Disney before. If you don't like Disney channel how can you guys go to the channel and watch and then come on here and start complaining, I don't get it.

JadeGirl.

I'm pretty sure I already asked you to calm down in this thread. please, chill. -- TBD

A typical Disney Channel show has stupid plots, over-the-top drama, antagonists that are real be-otches, and laugh traks that just prove that they were forced to literally make laughs in order to make it seem funny. Also, the music. I would rather listen to "FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!" for an entire hour!

I'm back (for the moment)!

KanrakusPizza

The+Fox wrote:

OK. That does it. I have lost all hope in Disney. Waching THIS crap doesnt even make me want to watch the ORIGINAL cartoons anymore. And considering I am huge Disney fan (classic Disney fan) this is something huge.

Edited on by KanrakusPizza

wont be on here anymore

theblackdragon

@Waltz: we're going to have to agree to disagree on that one, because there are certain things you do not mess with. Classic Disney is one of them. sacred cow? absolutely. I'm still seething over that Blam! clip, and they're going to be getting a rather long complaint out of me over it.
not that it'll probably do anything, but it'll certainly make me feel better, lol

also, holy crap, that's kinda cool. are all the episodes of GHS on YouTube?

BEST THREAD EVER

Bankai

also, holy crap, that's kinda cool. are all the episodes of GHS on YouTube?

I don't know, to be honest. You don't need to watch them in order, though, for them to make sense and be enjoyable.

There was also a PS2 game, which felt very much like the cartoon to play. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME.

cheetahman91

I've always hated the Disney Channel but they've gotten pretty terrible lately. Then again, the other two big networks aren't really on the top of their game either. Thank God there's Boomerang. The only crappy thing they've done lately is adding Pokemon to their lineup.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

JadeGirl

Ok , I like Disney Channel but I have to admit it I do miss the Old Programing, heres some the list below.

1.Disney's House of Mouse
Untitled
House of Mouse Intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieZz3jzCSQA

2.Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
Untitled

3.Tarzan the tv series.
Untitled

4.Buzz Lightyear of Star Command!
Untitled

5.Jackie Chan Adventures
Untitled

6.Kim Possible
Untitled

7.American Dragon: Jake Long
Untitled

8.The Little Mermaid
Untitled

9.Batman: The Animated Series

10.Get Ed

11.Superman: The Animated Series

12.Kong: The Animated Series

13.Legend of the Dragon

14.Spider-Man

15.Spider-Man Unlimited

I forgot about these shows I watched when I was younger. I really enjoyed these, I hope Disney does bring these shows back Hope you guys enjoy.

JadeGirl.

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

theblackdragon

@JadeGirl: I know for sure Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS have nothing to do with Disney animation or production-wise. Idk about Kong, Spiderman, and SMU, though, but somehow I also doubt those are Disney (could be mistaken about SMU, though).

BEST THREAD EVER

StarBoy91

Nope, Kong, Spider-Man, and Spider-Man Unlimited are not from Disney (granted, they were shown in what used to be Toon Disney before it became the Disney XD that it is now, but they were not produced by Disney). And neither was Legend of the Dragon.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Xkhaoz

theblackdragon wrote:

@JadeGirl: I know for sure Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS have nothing to do with Disney animation or production-wise. Idk about Kong, Spiderman, and SMU, though, but somehow I also doubt those are Disney (could be mistaken about SMU, though).

I think they aired on Toon Disney/Disney XD or something.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Joetherocker

PunnyGuy wrote:

JadeGirl wrote:

PunnyGuy wrote:

@lz2010: DuckTales is a classic! So is this:

Anyone else think the animation of cartoons in the past looks better than the animation of today's cartoons?

Its ok but cartoons today are much better than before. The cartoon itself looked pretty cheesy but if they where to remake it, it would look better. I really like the The Suite Life of Sack and Cody on Deck, thats a very good program. @Toad Fan 101, I'm afraid your wrong with the whole dating thing a lot of young people do date in High School, at my friends High School a lot of young people date, so its not just in the tv show. Also on the news, they talk about 12 year olds having babies and having boyfriends which I do not agree with and its not right, thats just to young!

ROFL, that Blam! was pretty funny, if you guys don't like the show you guys got a huge problem I say. But I never saw Blam! on Disney before. If you don't like Disney channel how can you guys go to the channel and watch and then come on here and start complaining, I don't get it.

JadeGirl.

A typical Disney Channel show has stupid plots, over-the-top drama, antagonists that are real be-otches, and laugh traks that just prove that they were forced to literally make laughs in order to make it seem funny. Also, the music. I would rather listen to "FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!" for an entire hour!

Agree with everything PunnyGuy said, while adding that I am now extremely scared for the future of the human race.
let's keep it impersonal, at least on the surface, plz -- TBD

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

JadeGirl

Xkhaoz wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

I think they aired on Toon Disney/Disney XD or something.

@xkhaoz, They aired on Jetix. I haven't seen the shows on Disney XD yet.

@TheblackDragon, Thanks for the info on The Batman and Superman series and also xkhaoz.

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

StreetRat

Man, I miss DuckTales. THAT was quality TV.

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

the_shpydar

Yes, they aired on DisneyXD for a while (the Spidey shows), but not originally, and they also weren't produced by them. Bats and Supes are Warner Bros properties (via DC Comics), so have nothing to do with Disney, production-wise.

And not to side-track, but while South Park certainly has a hefty share of low-brow humor (depending on the episode), that's not all there is to it, by far. Of course, everyone's tastes vary.

But i think we can probably all agree that The Cleveland Show is weak. American Dad however rules. STELIO KONTOS FTW! (Click the link in my sig for awesomeness.)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.