Forums

Topic: Has Disney lost it's heritage?

Posts 121 to 140 of 210

StarBoy91

@PizzaMan - YES!!!! The Weekenders was one of my old favorite shows (I thought it was great). I watched it a lot when I was little (and back when it was still playing on TV).

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

KanrakusPizza

StarBoy91 wrote:

KanrakusPizza wrote:

Does anyone remember this show?

YES!!!! The Weekenders was one of my old favorite shows (I thought it was great).

Its actually not that old... I remember watching it when I was around 7 or 8.
Why did they take off Toon Disney?

wont be on here anymore

StarBoy91

@Pizza - I know it's not a very old show (2000-2004), but I remember having watched it for the first time back in late 2001 when I was ten.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Hokori

Im here on PunnyGuys side everyone, Disney is nothing compared to what it once was

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Joetherocker

KanrakusPizza wrote:

Its actually not that old... I remember watching it when I was around 7 or 8.
Why did they take off Toon Disney?

They took it off because it had good shows on it. They need to squash everything decent so their teenybopper army can take over the world.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

KanrakusPizza

I also want to share the original Disney Channel bumpers with you guys. This vid only has a couple, but there a whole truckload of them.

wont be on here anymore

Hokori

im 16 and I grew up with old nick and disney, trust me there 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X better than the new stuff they have... Everyone want to here loud screams every 5 sec??

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Punny

I could go for some Mickey pancakes right now.

I'm back (for the moment)!

Hokori

I also sooooo glade they dont put any new (Except Pixar which im saddened ) disney stuff in KH games, i dont want Hannah montana or Jonas Brothers in KH at all

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Joetherocker

Otaku wrote:

I also sooooo glade they dont put any new (Except Pixar which im saddened ) disney stuff in KH games, i dont want Hannah montana or Jonas Brothers in KH at all

Agreed. But if they were enemies I might be fine with it...

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Hokori

Yah Hannah Montana is a Real life Heartless

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Punny

Joetherocker wrote:

Otaku wrote:

Agreed. But if they were enemies I might be fine with it...

I'm okay if there was a stage based on The Princess and the Frog or Tangled in the next Kingdom Hearts, but no Disney Channel stuff (unless they are enemies, like Joetherocker said already). I also want Pixar stuff, too.

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

Stuffgamer1

I wouldn't worry too much about Kingdom Hearts...from what I've seen, those guys have STANDARDS! Pirates of the Caribbean was the most recent production to make it in, and I feel it fit very well. They also included Steamboat Willie in what I consider a very RESPECTFUL way, unlike the crap they're doing to classic cartoons on the Disney Channel nowadays as evidenced by the Youtubes.

I've only just finished watching through all the special features on the Snow White Bluray, and I must say that even though they CLAIM that modern Disney Channel fare carries on the Disney tradition (wherein Disney was one of the first to view music as intrigal to filmmaking and THE first to have a "musical" where the songs were actually plot-related), it's simply not so.

But check the last line above "Compensation" here. Assuming it's true (and it may well be based on where the company appears to be headed), there's still hope for the future.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Twilight_Crow

In the movies they make, something is lost, yes; I want more classical animation movies like "The princess and the frog", nothing against CGI, but they don't even do enough of those (I'm not counting Pixar's).

About DC, I don't know, didn't have the channel when I was a kid so I feel like I can't compare, I got it "recently", and I must addmit it was dissapointing, DC plain sux.

When I was young, a local channel aired Disney's classic cartoons, TaleSpin, Darkwing, Rescue Rangers, The Gummi Bears, loved them, DuckTales is one of my all time favorites, miss those kind of shows, now a day shows seem so empty, with no real plots just a silly thing after another.

Now, I must confess I have really weird tastes, I like Hanna Montana singing and songs, not saying she is the best or anything, is a personal taste; I hate her show though, is pretty bad imo.
I don't like most of the DC original movies, but I liked HSM (so cliche I had to like it ) and Camp Rock movies and songs, they where decent imo, but nothing spectacular.
I don't like any DC show, but Phineas and Ferb, they are all too simillar and repetitive.
Also DC Mexico has a very stupid thing called Zapping Zone, that's just a bunch of bad young actors presenting their shows, the best comparisson is Nintendo Week .

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

LuigiandYoshifan

Well if it's Disney Channel then yes they have lost their heritage. I rarely watch Disney anymore.

I love Nintendo! They Rule!
Brawl FC:3266-1205-1402 Name:CEJ
MKW FC:2793-3959-6296 Name:Charlie
My favorite NFL Team is the Indianapolis Colts!

RoyalBlur

I miss the great Disney shows like The Weekenders, Lloyd In Space, Muppets from Space, Disney's Recess, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, The Buzz on Maggie, Doug, Fillmore!, The Littles, and The Replacements.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Machu

Disney was awesome and inspirational to millions. Now, it infects the masses with a plague. spr srs

Rawr!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.