Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,460

iKhan

arronishere wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Platypus wrote:

Looks kind of generic. I really don't see why they have to take the color out of everything.

Yeah it's kind of frustrating. Just because Batman is a pretty dark character doesn't mean every DC character's tone is like that. What I love about DC's cast is how balanced it is actually. None of the characters feel overly hammy or boring and serious to me.

Are you talking about the tone of the costumers or tone of their personalities.? The tween dramas of Flash & Arrow have dark costumes despite not being dark shows.

The tone of the media as a whole. Arrow is shot with a very dark and muted color pallette, and tries to remain very grounded and realistic. That approach works well with Batman. But not necessarily with Superman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg Green Lantern, or Wonder Woman.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

SkywardLink98

Platypus wrote:

Looks kind of generic. I really don't see why they have to take the color out of everything.

My bet is it was a stylistic choice and isn't the actual color scheme for the costume, like they messed around with the filters on the camera to try and make Aquaman look serious.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

shingi_70

So just like I thought yesterday's reveal of the Atom arrow was just the last five minutes of the show similar to the first appearance of Black canary and firestorm.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

So I have to ask you guys does anyone think that the circus kid from Gotham will become the Joker? Just the way he killed his mother his demeanor and they way he kept smiling and cackeling I can't help but think that he will become the Joker in a future episode.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Offspring

Tasuki wrote:

So I have to ask you guys does anyone think that the circus kid from Gotham will become the Joker? Just the way he killed his mother his demeanor and they way he kept smiling and cackeling I can't help but think that he will become the Joker in a future episode.

I sure hope not. It's not because he didn't do a good job, he certainly did, it's because it (like the rest of the show) is too obvious and on the nose. The Joker's origin is supposed to be mystery. The last episode had a bunch of Joker red herrings so there is a chance he was one as well.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Tasuki

Finally got all caught up with The Flash and I love how the season is shaping up. I really liked what they did with Firestorm.

My Backlog

shingi_70

Firestrom was awesome and his two part episode was the best way to inttoruce a new caharcter with out making him boring or making him or the main hero overshadow each other. It felt like a Brave and the Bold team up with Flash and Firestorm both contributing too the team without feeling forced. When Ronnie and Stein do the mutal transformation into Firestorm it felt right off a comic panel with Stien in ronnies head and fire blasts everywhere. The ending when you see flash and Firestorm doing the heroic run back to Star Labs made me geek out.

Convergence the two month DC event starts at the end of the month.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

iKhan

OMG Guys, how about that episode of the Flash?

MARK HAMILLLLL

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Seriously The Flash is the best capes show on the air right now. Woo boy that Mark Hamiil guest appearance was creepy in all the right ways. He plays a nice variation on the Joker and I like Axel even if he didn't do much compared to his father.

Arrrow was pretty great as well this week. I really like that Lance hates all Superheroes.

WAT!

Tasuki

I really really enjoyed Mark Hamill as the trickster but honestly did they really have to throw in the "I am your father" bit?

My Backlog

ThePirateCaptain

Tasuki wrote:

I really really enjoyed Mark Hamill as the trickster but honestly did they really have to throw in the "I am your father" bit?

I thought it fit with the tone of the show so I didn't mind it.

Both the Flash and Arrow are great right now. I can hardly believe there's only 5 more episodes left in both shows, but I have faith that the finales will be worth the wait.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Tasuki

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I thought it fit with the tone of the show so I didn't mind it.

Both the Flash and Arrow are great right now. I can hardly believe there's only 5 more episodes left in both shows, but I have faith that the finales will be worth the wait.

I know Arrow is usually worth the wait the last to season finales had that blockbuster movie feel to them so I expect the same this season. Same with The Flash since it's done by the same people.

My Backlog

Blast

I LOVE DC comics but I am not a fan of the Green Arrow tv show or the Flash tv show. The shows just doesn't excite me. I don't know how to explain it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

I'd argue its hard to be a DC fan and not like at least the flash. Its probably one of the tightest comic-book adaptions out there.

WAT!

ThePirateCaptain

As much as I love Arrow, I have to admit that the Flash is a more polished show. I think it really helped that the producers and writers had a clear vision of what they wanted to do with the characters and story arcs. I still enjoy both shows immensely, but the fact that Arrow set the stage for superhero TV shows helped The Flash start out pretty solidly.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Tasuki

You guys know that Arrow originally started out in development as a Batman show in the vain of Smallville, right?

The reason it was turned into Arrow is cause they didn't want to do another Batman origin screen adaption since it wasn't long after Batman Begins. The creators then moved on to the Green Lantern movie, did that and then decided to make the show using the Green Arrow licensing rather then Batman and that's where Arrow came from.

Flash was made due to the popularity of Arrow and was a Flash show from the beginning.

My Backlog

Platypus

Is anyone planning on reading convergence? Unless it receives stellar reviews, I don't think I'll read the main series. I'd like to know what one of your guys' opinions is if one of you reads it.

I am picking up the Question tie-in book and maybe the Flash. I loved 52 and hopefully this will be up to par with that king of quality.

It is a little disappointing all my favorite series(Batman, Grayson, Gotham by Midnight) are taking a break during the event.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

jump

Platypus wrote:

Is anyone planning on reading convergence? Unless it receives stellar reviews, I don't think I'll read the main series. I'd like to know what one of your guys' opinions is if one of you reads it.

I am picking up the Question tie-in book and maybe the Flash. I loved 52 and hopefully this will be up to par with that king of quality.

It is a little disappointing all my favorite series(Batman, Grayson, Gotham by Midnight) are taking a break during the event.

I did the same, Greg Rucka writing Question again was too hard to turn down.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic