Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,460

shingi_70

I'm only reading the main series, The Question, Superman, and Suicide Squad. I can't wait till next month so we can get those eight page preview comics ahead of the relaunch.

This week of Arrow and The Flash were good for Ray Palmer fans, even if he still can't shrink.

We should be getting the BVS trailer next monday.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Really enjoyed this week's Arrow and Flash. I don't know what to think about Thea and Roy though.

Anyone hear anything about the spinoff show that Palmer was going to get?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThePirateCaptain

@Tasuki
From the rumors I've heard, the spin-off is also going to include Dr. Stein, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Hawkgirl, and a character played by Caity Lotz. Sounds pretty interesting, but I'm not quite sold on it yet.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Tasuki

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

@Tasuki
From the rumors I've heard, the spin-off is also going to include Dr. Stein, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Hawkgirl, and a character played by Caity Lotz. Sounds pretty interesting, but I'm not quite sold on it yet.

Yeah that's about all I have heard as well, was just wondering if there was more.

In other DC related talk I haven been playing Batman on the Sega Genesis. It's based off of the 1989 movie and it is pretty good. It follows the movie a bit closer then the NES one. It's also not as hard. The biggest problem I am having now are the vehicle stages but really it's just cause I never played this game so it's just a matter of learning the patterns.

My Backlog

HollywoodHogan

Trailer was okay but I don't think I can handle Affleck as Bruce Wayne. He just doesn't look the part to me. I can't take him seriously as a threatening or powerful guy.

That said, Keaton was my favourite Batman....

Friend to all SJW's

shingi_70

Tasuki wrote:

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

@Tasuki

Yeah that's about all I have heard as well, was just wondering if there was more.

In other DC related talk I haven been playing Batman on the Sega Genesis. It's based off of the 1989 movie and it is pretty good. It follows the movie a bit closer then the NES one. It's also not as hard. The biggest problem I am having now are the vehicle stages but really it's just cause I never played this game so it's just a matter of learning the patterns.

All we know so far is the cast line up.

The Atom
Caity Lotz
Heatwave
Captain Cold
Hawkwoman
Rip Hunter
A character I assume is Black Lightning

Watching that Trailer i'm a believer in Bat fleck.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Tasuki

shingi_70 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

@Tasuki

All we know so far is the cast line up.

The Atom
Caity Lotz
Heatwave
Captain Cold
Hawkwoman
Rip Hunter
A character I assume is Black Lightning

Watching that Trailer i'm a believer in Bat fleck.

I thought I also heard that Firestorm or whatever Ronnie's name is was going to be part of it as well.

My Backlog

Offspring

Has anyone gotten around to Arrow's episode from this week? I thought it was pretty good in spite of Felicity trying to singlehandedly ruin it. I seriously wonder if Arrow's showrunners have ever met a woman in their lives because not all of them are whiny babies that can't pick a dude to stay with.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

iKhan

The producers of Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham need to watch how Daredevil develops Karen Page.

Laurel, Felicity, Iris, and Barbara Keane have been completely insufferable at points on their respective shows. Karen Page was so much more tolerable.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Funnily enough Karen is the most hated character on Daredevil by far which says alot about the fanbase than the above characters, I don't even mind Iris and I like Laurel in seasons 1 and 3. Felicity won't get better since her character at this point is written as a POV for fangirls.

Superman
Untitled

Batman
Untitled

Wonder Woman
Untitled

Aquaman
Untitled

Lex Luthor
Untitled
The Joker
Untitled

WAT!

MsJubilee

shingi_70 wrote:

The Joker
Untitled

That looks awful,cause wow they are trying very hard to make the Joker look insane! And really tattoo's? He looks like some kind of thug on the street.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

TwilightAngel wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The Joker
Untitled

That looks awful,cause wow they are trying very hard to make the Joker look insane! And really tattoo's? He looks like some kind of thug on the street.

My thoughts exactly. That Joker looks terrible.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iKhan

I can see it. Looks like a toned down version of the "The Batman" version of the character.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

iKhan wrote:

I can see it. Looks like a toned down version of the "The Batman" version of the character.

Do you mean the rubbish cartoon series "The Batman"?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

TwilightAngel wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The Joker
Untitled

The Jokers had tattooes before, at least those make sense compared to the dragon thing he had in All Star. I'd rather they went with a version similar to The Dark Knight Reurns rather than the rock star-Marilyn Manson look but I don't hate it and hope it leads to a more show boating rockstar Joker than simply taking Heath Ledgar's Joker and making him a thug.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Peach64

I remember the outrage over Heath Ledger being announced, and again when the first picture came out, so I'll reserve judgment until we see the films.

Peach64

CaviarMeths

Bold move of DC to release a character design that actually has colour in it. Hopefully it doesn't alienate too many fans.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shingi_70

RR529 wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The Joker
Untitled

My thoughts exactly. That Joker looks terrible.

You guys realize that is quite literally the point of the Joker right. Batman is supposed to be a somewhat Right wing fascist who cares about Order, His Mission, and Justice. The Joker is quite literally the antithesis being Chaos in a nutshell and honestly the design not only reflects that but Juxtaposes well with the New Batman.

Also we already know he has something similar to the white suit from TDKR and his desgin is lifted a bit from All Star Batman and Robin, Morrison's run, and Endgame.

WAT!

PanicPuppet

Leto's Joker certainly has potential. Honestly, he looks terrifying; and its only a picture of him!

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the overabundance of tattoos.

Untitled

Maybe he drew them with sharpies while in Arkham? lol

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic