Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,460

HawkeyeWii

@BieberBlows I watched the first episode and seemed pretty cool. Seems like an odd time in Gotham to make a show. I'd much rather have either a present day Commissioner Gordon shoe, or maybe NightWing.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

jump

The Titan show's line up is revealed; Robin (who becomes Nightwing during the show), Oracle, Hawk, Dove, Starfire and Raven.

Oracle is a good choice and I'm happy with Raven but I'm not too keen on Hawk and Dove being there.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

BieberBlows wrote:

What is everyone's opinion on Gotham? I thought it had a promising start but the acting is so over-the-top and cheesy that it has started to cause me physical pain.

I think it's misguided in its attempts to tie itself to the modern batman universe. There is no reason Bruce Wayne should be a regular on the show or why half the rogues gallery should have met Gordon over a decade prior to being super villains.

The show should be focusing on being a crime drama about James Gordon in an interesting setting. There's need to force batman elements in everywhere.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ZurrrrBlattTron

I'm not the biggest Batman fan so my cousin has to point out a lot of the Batman references for me but I like so far! I'm a huge fan of the Flash It's my new favorite alongside Chicago Fire, PD and AHS

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

jump

iKhan wrote:

BieberBlows wrote:

What is everyone's opinion on Gotham? I thought it had a promising start but the acting is so over-the-top and cheesy that it has started to cause me physical pain.

I think it's misguided in its attempts to tie itself to the modern batman universe. There is no reason Bruce Wayne should be a regular on the show or why half the rogues gallery should have met Gordon over a decade prior to being super villains.

The show should be focusing on being a crime drama about James Gordon in an interesting setting. There's need to force batman elements in everywhere.

I disagree with that, a common arguement against Bats is that he popped up and the costumed baddies appeared too so he is merely exacerbating the problem but by having the loons about in the first place that can no longer be said. Besides it is a show that's getting attention because it's Batman related so things related to the bat-mythology is to be expected.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

iKhan

^thats fine, but I want the focus of the show to be Gordon in a more subtle Batman mythos.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

HawkeyeWii

What are your guys' thoughts on the "New 52" brand ending. Also what do you think of Superman's new power. I think the new power is kind of pointless. I can't ever see a time he would want to use it, considering it makes him nearly powerless for hours after he uses it.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

I don't really mind that they're ending the New 52 branding, it will just make it harder to tell what is from the pre New 52 era.

I think the idea behind Superman's new Solar Flare power is that it's something he has to control. I don't see him using it intentionally very often.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

jump

HawkeyeWii wrote:

What are your guys' thoughts on the "New 52" brand ending. Also what do you think of Superman's new power. I think the new power is kind of pointless. I can't ever see a time he would want to use it, considering it makes him nearly powerless for hours after he uses it.

Not read Supes yet but I thouhgt the point of the power was more of he doesn't want to use than something he does want to use a la Bruce Banner turning into the Hulk.

Nicolai wrote:

shingi_70

Super Flare makes sense as DC has been upping its charcters power levels.

Wonder Woman gets a boost when she takes off the bracelets and she has God More power.

Batman has the hellbat armor.

Kyle is the white lantern.

Its cool as a last result blast and it has interesting narrative consequences of no powers for 24 hours.

Don't really care about the New 52 branding but the new slate of books looks really interesting.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jump

I've just watched the last episode of Constantine and (of course) since it's unlikely to get renewed it ends on a plot twist, otherwise great show and it's been my favourite of the comics to telly shows currently on.

I also saw Superman the musical over the weekend and I loved how goofy it was. During the show they had a toy Superman on a stick and would dangle it across the stage to show him flying and the bad guy's evil plot is to make Superman depressed but I was annoyed when Lois Lane started singing about how she just wants to be a house wife and cook for her man.

Nicolai wrote:

SkywardLink98

So I don't really know what a Funko Pop! is, but now I feel like I need to purchase at least three of them.
Untitled

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

iKhan

I just watched "Batman: Under the Red Hood". It was terrific. One of the best animated movies I've watched.

Wow. I want to see something else from Brandon Vietti. This showed me that Young Justice wasn't just the Greg Weisman show. Both creators have serious creative chops.

Edited on by iKhan

jump

The DC animated films are good in general, it's just a shame they have been sliding recently with Bruce Timm leaving and giving into fan demand's of "all the movies must be connected because that's what Avengers did" rather than just picking out the best comic storylines tho Assault on Arkham was an improvement.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Platypus

arronishere wrote:

The DC animated films are good in general, it's just a shame they have been sliding recently with Bruce Timm leaving and giving into fan demand's of "all the movies must be connected because that's what Avengers did" rather than just picking out the best comic storylines tho Assault on Arkham was an improvement.

Timm isn't leaving. Just the opposite in fact. He's making a new Justice League series this year!

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

shingi_70

Firestorm was dope on the flash.

So Zack Sunder just posted the first Aquaman picture.

Untitled

Joining the Trinty
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Platypus

Looks kind of generic. I really don't see why they have to take the color out of everything.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

iKhan

Platypus wrote:

Looks kind of generic. I really don't see why they have to take the color out of everything.

Yeah it's kind of frustrating. Just because Batman is a pretty dark character doesn't mean every DC character's tone is like that. What I love about DC's cast is how balanced it is actually. None of the characters feel overly hammy or boring and serious to me.

MegaMari0

looking forward to Jason Mamoa's portrayal of Aquaman. I will never understand why people hate on aquaman. His powers match or exceed Superman's in some aspects. King of the Seas for a reason.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

jump

iKhan wrote:

Platypus wrote:

Yeah it's kind of frustrating. Just because Batman is a pretty dark character doesn't mean every DC character's tone is like that. What I love about DC's cast is how balanced it is actually. None of the characters feel overly hammy or boring and serious to me.

Are you talking about the tone of the costumers or tone of their personalities.? The tween dramas of Flash & Arrow have dark costumes despite not being dark shows.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic