Forums

Topic: Are We Being Too Harsh on the 2015 Digital Event?

Posts 101 to 120 of 127

kkslider5552000

My biggest problem (well one of them at least) was that they're trying to make so many games into party games. Most of them still have single player but that's clearly not the focus. But I like single player games more often so I'd prefer more of that instead of "hey here's a game that's worse if you don't play with someone!" I mean, to be fair, it might be a marketing thing and it'll be like other Nintendo games that are still as good in single player, but I dunno...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DualWielding

No we are not being too harsh, they could not even bother to translate the title card for SMT X Fire Emblem so people unfamiliar with the title and who do not speak Japanese would know what is called... I have never seen anything so lazy

PSN: Fertheseeker

DBPirate

Possibly. Looking back on it, Nintendo was probably just not ready for E3 this year. Only one new game interested me but we always have more Nintendo Directs to look forward to. They're still pumping out Splatoon and Smash DLC (hopefully more Mario Kart 8 soon) so they might have some of their resources used up at this point.

The sooner they're done with Amiibo Festival, the better. We need to get the real Animal Crossing U.

Edited on by DBPirate

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

UGXwolf

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

No. No we aren't. They punched Metroid and AC fans in the face. Forcing Amiibo and plenty of games we've already seen was also bad. Starfox and some other things were good, but it still sucked.

I knew the Metroid fans would be seething, but I think it's pretty cool. They're fleshing out an important entity of the world before they get back to the main story, and honestly, I doubt you guys would be even remotely as buttered if Samus were a playable character. Just hold your horses. We knew there wouldn't be a major Metroid, this year. It was extremely unlikely to get more than a tease. Even if MP FF didn't exist, Metroid Dread or MP4 or whatever is next wouldn't be any closer.

As for AC fans, I honestly think you're full of it, cause I live with an AC fan that was pretty excited for both the spin off titles, and again, it really did seem unlikely ACU would be anywhere near ready. AC games are absolutely massive. A two-uear dev cycle should he the absolute minimum, especially considering how much content the Wii U can deliver on. Just be patient.

We've known (or at least those of us that were paying attention) that this was gonna be a dull year for Nintendo. Next year promises to be much, much better.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Ah well. This Digital Event has come and gone.

Time to overhype ourselves for the upcoming Nintendo Direct so we can continue to be angry at Nintendo for not releasing precisely what we want them to release when we want them to release it.

It just seems more like you are content with mediocrity, this was e3 and they wasted time waffling about Yoshi's WW, Super Mario Maker and XCX games we have seen for a long time now then only show 2 games we didn't know about one party and a sports game looking at MS and Sony's conference that was just poor.

I'm not "content with mediocrity", I'm just not going to whine over games I know next to nothing about and complain when a Star Fox is finally released, but it doesn't look as good as I thought it should have.

Of all the content we will be seeing by the end of the year and early next year, I don't see why everyone's so upset. We already knew Zelda U wasn't going to show. We literally know nothing about all of the games everyone's crying over. Right now, I find it hard to call myself a Nintendo fan because of how childish everyone is acting about this. Get over it. Star Fox doesn't look bad. Metroid Prime: Federation Force could actually be a good game. Zelda: Triforce Heroes is still a Zelda game.

On top of that, it's not like we won't see a Direct or two before the year is out.

I wish everyone would relax. Seriously.

Pretty much every game shown can hardly be described as cryptic it doesn't take much footage to know what you'll be getting. Star Fox visually just looks lazy, there is paying homage to SF64 and then there is just purposely holding back in order to get it out the door faster (Guess which one Zero falls under?).
I didn't mention Zelda once because I knew it wouldn't be shown (so did everyone) problem is they had no hard hitters apart from Star Fox which is sounding half baked from interviews.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Octane

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

And another point you nailed there. The Wii U stills hasn't got a real price drop since launch. It just stands to defy reason.

$350 for the 32GB model at launch (1 game included). Now it's $300 for the 32GB model (2 games included).

Octane

DefHalan

WaveBoy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I must be the only person that thought Last Guardian looks terrible. I don't care about Final Fantasy, and the only things that interested me during the Sony Conference was Horizon and Uncharted 4. The Nintendo E3 Direct had more titles I was interested in. Star Fox looks and plays amazing, totally worth the price of a full Retail game. The Metroid Prime game, while not being a normal Metroid game, looks like a lot of fun and has enough content to satisfy for full retail. As long as the Zelda game can be played in Single-Player then I don't see how it couldn't be a Full Retail experience.

What did you think of DOOM? That's probabaly thee' PS4 announcement that had me the most psyched.

DOOM was very disappointing. It looked like a not entertaining version of Bulletstorm. My co-worker said he was expecting to hear Duke Nukem's voice at some point. Violence isn't a core element of DOOM but the new game is focusing so much on that. In my opinion exploration is a core element of DOOm but there seemed to be almost zero exploration.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

veeflames

DBPirate wrote:

Possibly. Looking back on it, Nintendo was probably just not ready for E3 this year. Only one new game interested me but we always have more Nintendo Directs to look forward to. They're still pumping out Splatoon and Smash DLC (hopefully more Mario Kart 8 soon) so they might have some of their resources used up at this point.

The sooner they're done with Amiibo Festival, the better. We need to get the real Animal Crossing U.

Pretty much this. In fact, why don't Nintendo scrap it and start work on the true Animal Crossing? That'll be nice, coming from me.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

UGXwolf

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Pretty much this. In fact, why don't Nintendo scrap it and start work on the true Animal Crossing? That'll be nice, coming from me.

If everyone else wasn't already being at least this ridiculous, I'd seriously question how serious you were being. You do realize that a party board game isn't stopping Nintendo from working on Animal Crossing U, right? In fact, the majority of game dev studios have at least three games in development at most points ("in development" being anywhere from base storyboarding to late production stages).

Killing Amiibo Party isn't going to make ACU come out any faster. Killing Federation Force won't bring another a Metroid game come to Wii U any sooner. Stopping development on Triforce Heroes isn't going to speed up development on Zelda U. People are acting like Nintendo just cane on stage and announced Zelda U was canceled, they never had a console Metroid in development, and that Animal Crossing was being held off for the NX. How about we stop acting like Nintendo announcing a bunch of new games we weren't excited for means everything else we WERE excited for suddenly doesn't exist.

Araquanid

I don't think we're ever getting another metroid game after this. Seriously, I think the blind hate towards MPFF is only going to discourage nintendo from even developing another game.

"Let's make a prime game"
"Nah.. fans will just petition it to get cancelled, let the franchise just end here."

It's sadly the truth.. It's fine to be disappointed in a game, but this isn't disappointment, this is just brutal unnecessary rage coming from the metroid fanbase, which is embarassing to be a part of right now. A simple "the game wasn't the best, you can do better nintendo" would be encouraging enough to develop a great game instead of "set fire to iwata." I would imagine the same case of AC, although I personally don't play the franchise so I can't complain myself.

I feel bad for the directors of nintendo.. despite how mediocre they did, they are recieving so much hate and disguise right now that they can't even concentrate on anything else. Like I said, a friendly "the direct wasn't your best, or potentially the worst" would've been a better sentence to tell them than threaten the company with boycott... geez.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

-Green-

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I don't think we're ever getting another metroid game after this. Seriously, I think the blind hate towards MPFF is only going to discourage nintendo from even developing another game.

"Let's make a prime game"
"Nah.. fans will just petition it to get cancelled, let the franchise just end here."

It's sadly the truth.. It's fine to be disappointed in a game, but this isn't disappointment, this is just brutal unnecessary rage coming from the metroid fanbase, which is embarassing to be a part of right now. A simple "the game wasn't the best, you can do better nintendo" would be encouraging enough to develop a great game instead of "set fire to iwata." I would imagine the same case of AC, although I personally don't play the franchise so I can't complain myself.

I feel bad for the directors of nintendo.. despite how mediocre they did, they are recieving so much hate and disguise right now that they can't even concentrate on anything else. Like I said, a friendly "the direct wasn't your best, or potentially the worst" would've been a better sentence to tell them than threaten the company with boycott... geez.

I feel like people have began to warm up more to the game, it just took some time. Although it did require a lot of explanations and gameplay to do that, and even then 10000 people petitioned for its cancellation (which really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things).

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@MegaBeedrill You're overreacting. If anything, the reaction shows Nintendo how much an actual Metroid game is wanted.

The only problem with Metroid right now is that there's none, nothing. Kensuke Tanabe talked about Prime IV, however that was just a concept, actually it wasn't even a concept, he only said that if they started now, it would at least take another 3 years. So Prime IV might release on NX, or it might not. And nobody knows what Yoshio Sakamoto is up to. The last game he worked on was Other M. Metroid will come back eventually, but it's going to be a longer wait than we thought.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Araquanid

@Aromaiden, I'm glad the heat did settle a little. Seems like everybody is calming down.

@Octane, Over reacting is making petitions to cancel a game and tweet death notes to nintendo... I don't think you can rightfully call my opinion as an over reaction when that is what's going on right now. I would be glad to see a new metroid game for the wii u, but simply put.. if the title doesn't sell (and it already isn't a popular franchise in japan, nintendo's target audience) then there really isn't much of a reason to continue the franchise. I guess people will still buy it anyway, even if they buy it just to rant about it.. it still shows sells then, but regardless, this whole situation could've been handled a lot more lightly. ET I don't think recieved as much hate when it first came out, and it nearly crashed the video game market.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

turtlelink

It was disappointing. Imagine if Square Enix only showed Kingdom Hearts Unchained and didn't show off any new Kingdom Hearts 3 footage or if they showed off World of Final Fantasy and did not follow up with a Final Fantasy 7 or if Atlus gave us footage of Persona Dancing All Night and just shelved Persona 5 for the night. That's kinda what Nintendo's presentation felt like. We didn't exactly get the Metroid and Animal Crossing games we were looking for and, in my opinion, Zelda "3 Swords" didn't look all that great (though I'll have to see how they polish it up in the coming months). Hell, we didn't even get any Zelda U footage.

With that said, it wasn't all bad. Star Fox Zero was the star of the show and it looks fun! Mario and Luigi/Paper Mario thing is also something I'm sure people would love (though I personally think it looks a tad... clunky and unpolished). We also got to see some more SMTxFE footage, Smash Bros DLC, and Earthbound Beginnings. Yo Kai Watch also looked like an interesting title.

Like some said, E3 is time for Nintendo to really sell their systems and I feel they didn't do a good job convincing me to go out and buy a Wii U or 3DS immediately.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

UGXwolf

turtlelink wrote:

It was disappointing. Imagine if Square Enix only showed Kingdom Hearts Unchained and didn't show off any new Kingdom Hearts 3 footage or if they showed off World of Final Fantasy and did not follow up with a Final Fantasy 7 or if Atlus gave us footage of Persona Dancing All Night and just shelved Persona 5 for the night. That's kinda what Nintendo's presentation felt like. We didn't exactly get the Metroid and Animal Crossing games we were looking for and, in my opinion, Zelda "3 Swords" didn't look all that great (though I'll have to see how they polish it up in the coming months). Hell, we didn't even get any Zelda U footage.

With that said, it wasn't all bad. Star Fox Zero was the star of the show and it looks fun! Mario and Luigi/Paper Mario thing is also something I'm sure people would love (though I personally think it looks a tad... clunky and unpolished). We also got to see some more SMTxFE footage, Smash Bros DLC, and Earthbound Beginnings. Yo Kai Watch also looked like an interesting title.

Like some said, E3 is time for Nintendo to really sell their systems and I feel they didn't do a good job convincing me to go out and buy a Wii U or 3DS immediately.

Except aside from ACU, none of those would've been reasonable to expect at E3, this year. They explicitly told us Zelda U wouldn't be here and you already explained how Prime IV wouldn't be ready any time soon.

Besides, where people seem to think Nintendo is just giving them the brush off, I see a hold-over. These are spin-offs, which often means Nintendo has something else in the pipeline. Hell, they've been doing that all generation with Zelda.

Nicolai

Am I overreacting? No, I have every right to be disappointed. Everything that was shown that was brand new is a maybe for me. I've been watching Nintendo at E3 since 2011, and in every other presentation, I've seen at least one brand new thing I absolutely had to get. That was my only expectation this year, and it was unfulfilled.

Is Nintendo doomed? No, not if you look outside of the perspective of E3. Look at each title out of context, and there are some real good things. If you pretend that Federation Force/Blastball isn't a Metroid title, it actually looks really fun! I just hope that Tri Force Heroes has download play, and they make StarFox a little more different from StarFox 64. Take this and bundle it with hit titles that only didn't wow people because of the lack of new information discussed about them, and we got an okay line-up for the rest of the year. 2016 is looking bare, though, so I hope there will be some more announcements.

Is everyone overreacting? Now we're generalizing, but if I look at the Metroid Prime Federation Force petition and the huge down-voting of Nintendo's YouTube videos, I'd say some people are.

However, I still can't shake from my head the possibility that this is all we're getting for Wii U until the NX, and Nintendo isn't being very reassuring. Wii U Zelda might even turn into a dual release title. Honestly, if it wasn't for Splatoon, I might have felt slight regret toward my Wii U purchase.

Oh well, time to go own some squids with the Splattershot Jr.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Octane, Over reacting is making petitions to cancel a game and tweet death notes to nintendo... I don't think you can rightfully call my opinion as an over reaction when that is what's going on right now. I would be glad to see a new metroid game for the wii u, but simply put.. if the title doesn't sell (and it already isn't a popular franchise in japan, nintendo's target audience) then there really isn't much of a reason to continue the franchise. I guess people will still buy it anyway, even if they buy it just to rant about it.. it still shows sells then, but regardless, this whole situation could've been handled a lot more lightly. ET I don't think recieved as much hate when it first came out, and it nearly crashed the video game market.

Japan isn't Nintendo's target audience. If that was the case, we wouldn't get a new Zelda every year, we probably wouldn't even have a home console anymore. They know very well that the majority of their audience isn't Japan. Metroid Prime almost managed to sell 3 million copies on the GameCube. It doesn't sell Mario Kart numbers, that's obvious, but isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Main Metroid games have always been million sellers.

Octane

EngieBengie

No. If Nintendo screws up, it's up to us to tell them that they screwed up and criticize them so that things like that never happen again. People don't know what being harsh is and aren't used to criticism. It's time to change this and what better time than now.

EngieBengie

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.