Forums

Topic: Are We Being Too Harsh on the 2015 Digital Event?

Posts 81 to 100 of 127

Jazzer94

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Ah well. This Digital Event has come and gone.

Time to overhype ourselves for the upcoming Nintendo Direct so we can continue to be angry at Nintendo for not releasing precisely what we want them to release when we want them to release it.

It just seems more like you are content with mediocrity, this was e3 and they wasted time waffling about Yoshi's WW, Super Mario Maker and XCX games we have seen for a long time now then only show 2 games we didn't know about one party and a sports game looking at MS and Sony's conference that was just poor.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Matty2310

I said this before, but while the criticisms are harsh, people have to let them know or express somehow that they're disappointed. When a poll on a Nintendocentric site gets around a 40% result of people not liking it at all and around 30% being dissapointed, they must be doing something wrong.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

jump

It was very poor and all it could of done with is a "Oooh!" game either that be a new gaem announcement or Zelda U, the problem was they decided on only showing games out this year and early next year which is fine if we hadn't seen them over and over again already with infomation we already know about being repeated. If they had at least had Devil's Third, Little Battlers eXperience and Fatal Frame in there it could of helped alot simply by not being something already seen multiple times already.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WebHead

Like I said in an NX dubforum thread minutes ago, the event told me that ninty is just having side teams make lower budget and smaller scale spinoffs with existing assets while the big boys go full throttle on NX.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Aozz101x

i'm still curious of what happen to Devil's Third? are we FINALLY going see something at today's Treehouse from E3? ._.
i

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

Jazzer94 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Time to overhype ourselves for the upcoming Nintendo Direct so we can continue to be angry at Nintendo for not releasing precisely what we want them to release when we want them to release it.

It just seems more like you are content with mediocrity, this was e3 and they wasted time waffling about Yoshi's WW, Super Mario Maker and XCX games we have seen for a long time now then only show 2 games we didn't know about one party and a sports game looking at MS and Sony's conference that was just poor.

I'm not "content with mediocrity", I'm just not going to whine over games I know next to nothing about and complain when a Star Fox is finally released, but it doesn't look as good as I thought it should have.

Of all the content we will be seeing by the end of the year and early next year, I don't see why everyone's so upset. We already knew Zelda U wasn't going to show. We literally know nothing about all of the games everyone's crying over. Right now, I find it hard to call myself a Nintendo fan because of how childish everyone is acting about this. Get over it. Star Fox doesn't look bad. Metroid Prime: Federation Force could actually be a good game. Zelda: Triforce Heroes is still a Zelda game.

On top of that, it's not like we won't see a Direct or two before the year is out.

I wish everyone would relax. Seriously.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

19Robb92

Nintendo deserves criticism for their event, it was very disappointing. So, no.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

veeflames

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I'm not "content with mediocrity", I'm just not going to whine over games I know next to nothing about and complain when a Star Fox is finally released, but it doesn't look as good as I thought it should have.

Of all the content we will be seeing by the end of the year and early next year, I don't see why everyone's so upset. We already knew Zelda U wasn't going to show. We literally know nothing about all of the games everyone's crying over. Right now, I find it hard to call myself a Nintendo fan because of how childish everyone is acting about this. Get over it. Star Fox doesn't look bad. Metroid Prime: Federation Force could actually be a good game. Zelda: Triforce Heroes is still a Zelda game.

On top of that, it's not like we won't see a Direct or two before the year is out.

I wish everyone would relax. Seriously.

This.
I still want Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival scrapped, though....

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

-Green-

19Robb92 wrote:

Nintendo deserves criticism for their event, it was very disappointing. So, no.

Criticism is all fine and dandy, but not when taken as far as some people did. When people begin screaming that a company is doomed, demand the cancellation of an otherwise unknown game, and begin randomly insulting and hating on the company, then at that point it's not criticism, it's just paranoia and hate. Criticism is meant to point out flaws and mistakes in those being criticized so that they can improve upon it in the future, not to harm or insult those being criticized.

I'm not saying everyone did that, but several did.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

I enjoyed the Nintendo E3 Direct. It had more wow moments for me personally than any of the other presentations. (haven't watched PC) I can understand why some people might not like it but I don't understand the hate for the Direct itself. I find hate for nintendo's games generally goes in a circle: Mario 3D World is released, People cry they want new IP. Splatoon is announced, People cry they want Old IP but with new gameplay. Metroid Federation Force is announced, People cry they want classic IPs with their Classic Gameplay. Rinse Repeat.

I am tired of this hate that Nintendo gets when trying to please fans but when other companies do the same stuff we see praise. Microsoft announced a bunch of games that are sequels for their franchises, with basically the same gameplay. Microsoft did fantastic. Sony shows off some games that look interesting and new. Sony gets praised. Nintendo does both at once. Nintendo Sucks. People say it is because they expect more from Nintendo, and that just rubs me the wrong way. If Nintendo really has been disappointing people for all this time, then shouldn't more of their announcements be filled with comments like "Don't care" or "that was surprising" instead of hate? I am really tired, hopefully this rant made sense, to those that actually read it and didn't just see the first sentence and start writing their reply.

Oh come on, I expect more from this community. It's not the same people complaining every time. If you focus on complaints, you will see different people complaining.

As for this event in particular, my issue is not with the games shown being spinoffs. My issue is that all of those games shown looked like download only titles for no more than $25. Seriously, aside from Mario Tennis (not my cup of tea though) and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, none of the new games shown even resembled a full retail experience to me. Project Horizon, The Last Guardian, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War (though it's not for me) etc. all look like major titles.

In regards to "Nintendo always disappointing people". I legitimately don't get it. I've heard particular people who shone praise on Nintendo last year saying things like "Nintendo always disappoints" this year.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

erv

No. It sucked.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

HollywoodHogan

If the new Doom had been a top down RTS game, Shenmue 3 a FPS and Fallout 4 a party game for mobile, you would be hearing massive complaints too.

However, those games actually gave people what they wanted, while Nintendo took their big name franchises and removed all familiar gameplay/elements and replaced them with things that absolutely nobody asked for.

Friend to all SJW's

iKhan

HollywoodHogan wrote:

If the new Doom had been a top down RTS game, Shenmue 3 a FPS and Fallout 4 a party game for mobile, you would be hearing massive complaints too.

However, those games actually gave people what they wanted, while Nintendo took their big name franchises and removed all familiar gameplay/elements and replaced them with things that absolutely nobody asked for.

Fallout 4 and Doom were already announced. Changing the genre would be going back on a promise. I don't think anyone would have an issue with a Shenmue FPS spinoff, provided it LOOKED GOOD (and it wasn't called Shenmue 3).

The issue with the Digital Event is that I was completely underwhelmed by Federation Force, Tri Force Heroes, Happy Home Designer, and Amiibo Festival. It's not just that they were spinoffs. They looked boring, as if they were patched together in a few months for eShop release.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

-Green-

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Even then, that still doesn't really justify how terribly some people are reacting

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Samurai_Goroh

They deserve all the criticism and then some more. It was a disaster. Nintendo not so subtly told us they are phasing out Wii U game development and focusing on low budget spin offs of their most beloved franchises in a way nobody wants. Oh, and the NX and "transformation" is coming soon ("Brace yourselves, Winter is coming!"). The perfect sh*tstorm was brewed, I don't believe they sold a single 3DS or Wii U due to that presentation. They used the main venue for promotion on the videogame industry to "depromote" themselves.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

HollywoodHogan

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I don't believe they sold a single 3DS or Wii U due to that presentation. They used the main venue for promotion on the videogame industry to "depromote" themselves.

I honestly believe sales will drop off a cliff now. It feels as if the Wii U is on its last legs (it has been for a while in all likelihood, but Nintendo made it official with E3), while the PS4 and Xbox look like they are just beginning to take off. Nintendo has no momentum at all.

If someone doesn't own a Wii U already, do you think they will invest in a seemingly dying console now, especially when it remains at full price? E3 and the negative attention in garnered them is going to hurt for a long while.

Friend to all SJW's

Samurai_Goroh

^After this E3, I can't really recommend a Wii U purchase to any of my friends or acquaintances. The best I can say is "shifting sands, better wait until Nintendo future plans become more clear". 'Cause they sure aren't reassuring anyone now.

Don't know about 3DS, though. I don't think they'll replace it as soon.

And another point you nailed there. The Wii U stills hasn't got a real price drop since launch. It just stands to defy reason.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

iKhan

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

Why not? The system is a year and a half older than Wii U, sales have been falling for 2 years, and until yesterday, there were basically zero 1st party games coming. Now they announced a couple impressive games like Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, but mostly underwhelming spinoffs.

Samurai_Goroh

iKhan wrote:

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

Why not? The system is a year and a half older than Wii U, sales have been falling for 2 years, and until yesterday, there were basically zero 1st party games coming. Now they announced a couple impressive games like Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, but mostly underwhelming spinoffs.

Maybe they will replace both at the same time with the rumoured hybrid platform. I don't know, I don't have a 3DS and don't care enough to speculate about it. My concerns are centred to the home console side of things. That Paper Mario &Luigi would have been great on Wii U.

Samurai_Goroh

DefHalan

I must be the only person that thought Last Guardian looks terrible. I don't care about Final Fantasy, and the only things that interested me during the Sony Conference was Horizon and Uncharted 4. The Nintendo E3 Direct had more titles I was interested in. Star Fox looks and plays amazing, totally worth the price of a full Retail game. The Metroid Prime game, while not being a normal Metroid game, looks like a lot of fun and has enough content to satisfy for full retail. As long as the Zelda game can be played in Single-Player then I don't see how it couldn't be a Full Retail experience.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.