Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 2,161

Gamecubed

Project Guard looks like one of those addictive games that I love to play on rainy days. Not bad.

Gamecubed

BenAV

Project Guard looks pretty interesting.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

iKhan

Peach64 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Leave it to biased media to spin Nintendo's amazing press conference in a negative light

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/nintendo-e3-direct/

Uhhh. Nintendo has 5 new titles launching this fall on Wii U. Bayonetta 2, Smash Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, Toad's Treasure, and Devil's Third.

They're not spinning. This is exactly what a lot of us predicted before the presentation. NLife fans go nuts, the rest of the gaming community is in indifferent. It's exactly like last year. People already knew Bayonetta 2, Smash and Hyrule Warriors were coming this year, and they didn't want a Wii U, and not much has changed. There was a lot of neat stuff shown, but almost all of it is next year or later.

Who predicted a new captain toad game? Splatoon? Project Giant Robot/ Project Guard?

Also, who predicted Devil's Third before the rumor? Or Mario Maker?

It was full of surprises. Just because some things leaked doesn't make it any worse.

And literally every game shown was an exclusive. It still boggles my mind the amount of time SonySoft spend demoing games that aren't exclusive to their platforms

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

Neither of Miyamoto's new IPs are appealing to me at all, I'm afraid.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

AlexSays

Definitely a disconnect between the general consensus of the entire gaming community.. and the general consensus of this site.

Zelda + anything else would have 'won' E3 for the large majority here. With that said they showed a great amount of other things, but then I was content with all conferences, so I'm not going 'lolol nitnendo is da best' like a few people online

AlexSays

Octane

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ok, project guard actually looks pretty fun.

Well, definitely better than the robot wrestling game, but they're both still in progress, so we'll how these games turn out.

Octane

iKhan

Peach64 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Leave it to biased media to spin Nintendo's amazing press conference in a negative light

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/nintendo-e3-direct/

Uhhh. Nintendo has 5 new titles launching this fall on Wii U. Bayonetta 2, Smash Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, Toad's Treasure, and Devil's Third.

They're not spinning. This is exactly what a lot of us predicted before the presentation. NLife fans go nuts, the rest of the gaming community is in indifferent. It's exactly like last year. People already knew Bayonetta 2, Smash and Hyrule Warriors were coming this year, and they didn't want a Wii U, and not much has changed. There was a lot of neat stuff shown, but almost all of it is next year or later.

Explain to me then why people are excited over the Sony conference when all they did was talk about stuff everyone already knew about and most of it was next year, if it even had a date? Heck, at least Nintendo didn't show off a mountain of year-old ports...

Sony weren't a ton better as far as I'm concerned. They both did largely the same thing, show a ton of great trailers for already announced games, most of which are not coming this year, with a small smattering of new IP, but one of the new IP Sony had was Miyzaki's new game, and it's not hard to understand why the gaming community might be a bit more excited by the new game from the guy that made Demon Souls and Dark Souls than they are for Splatoon?

I totally get why Nintendo fans preferred what Nintendo showed, but it's naive to think the entire gaming community is going to agree that Nintendo was the best. I'll refer again to Nintendo fans reaction to last year's E3. Nintendo fans always think Nintendo had the best E3, but I don't think the wider gaming community has considered Nintendo's stuff to be the best since 2006.

The difference is that Sony might as well have not shown Project Beast at all. It was entirely CG, and was so short and dark that it didn't even get across what the game is for. That's a failure at the very purpose of a game trailer. Same for Let it Die. Most of the trailers Sony showed weren't for PS exclusive titles either, so it didn't make much sense. And the diversity in ideas and aesthetics was abysmal.

Look around the internet, most level headed Nintendo fans weren't all that impressed with last year's E3 showing. But this year's is undoubtedly amazing.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Einherjar

The chat is just embarassing on here, really.
This two new Ideas are pretty awesome.
Giant Robots idea of showing you the cockpit view is really clever and i love these whacky physics fighting games.
Project Guard looks ok but a tad too hectic for me, games like this drive me insane

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

shingi_70

Giant Robot's looks terrible when they'd have more success making a new Custom Robo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Peach64

Hearing the concept of these two, giant fighting robots sounded way better, but from the demonstrations, I'm preferring Project Guard.

Peach64

iKhan

AlexSays wrote:

Definitely a disconnect between the general consensus of the entire gaming community.. and the general consensus of this site.

Zelda + anything else would have 'won' E3 for the large majority here. With that said they showed a great amount of other things, but then I was content with all conferences, so I'm not going 'lolol nitnendo is da best' like a few people online

You must have never been to GameFAQs.

Also, what is this "general gaming community". GameXplain, IGN, most other major gaming news sites had strongly positive reactions after the showing. What is more negative is some of the press among non-gaming sites.

Even Gamespot, who tends towards the negative side, had overwhelmingly positive response.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-nintendo-press-confe...

shingi_70

Watching the videogames are awesome livestream and the main dude seems so clueless. Dude literally asked what are dedicated servers.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.