Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,161

Turnip

Oh gosh, this was a good E3 for Nintendo.

Cringing is really fun.

CanisWolfred

Peach64 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Leave it to biased media to spin Nintendo's amazing press conference in a negative light

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/nintendo-e3-direct/

Uhhh. Nintendo has 5 new titles launching this fall on Wii U. Bayonetta 2, Smash Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, Toad's Treasure, and Devil's Third.

They're not spinning. This is exactly what a lot of us predicted before the presentation. NLife fans go nuts, the rest of the gaming community is in indifferent. It's exactly like last year. People already knew Bayonetta 2, Smash and Hyrule Warriors were coming this year, and they didn't want a Wii U, and not much has changed. There was a lot of neat stuff shown, but almost all of it is next year or later.

Explain to me then why people are excited over the Sony conference when all they did was talk about stuff everyone already knew about and most of it was next year, if it even had a date? Heck, at least Nintendo didn't show off a mountain of year-old ports...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SkywardLink98

Jazzer94 wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Jazzer94 How did you get this password and username...?

Friend gave it to me, he writes for some website can't remember which one.

Makes sense. I understand why you wouldn't want to share his name/site. We want him to do this again next year!

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

kkslider5552000

I think I'm disappointed that a new Miyamoto game wasn't presented by like a full team of trumpets or something.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Gamecubed

I'm also incredibly thrilled with the idea of a new Star Fox being made. Finally my little cousins will understand who Fox in Smash bros. is.

Gamecubed

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Final Fantasy Type-0 for PS4 and Xbox one.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-...

Well Vita is dead.

...they didn't show this at the conferences? I'm starting to think Square-Enix is dead at this point...

Since they revealed FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3, now they need to casually announce important titles and then not make a new Sleeping Dogs or TWEWY and take 8 years to make a new Deus Ex.

kkslider5552000

The first person gamepad footage should be THE ENTIRETY of this presentation because that looks cool.

kkslider5552000

The Giant Robot will have a Princess Peach outfit.

I say this as a joke but I wouldn't be too surprised

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Caryslan

iKhan wrote:

Leave it to biased media to spin Nintendo's amazing press conference in a negative light

Uhhh. Nintendo has 5 new titles launching this fall on Wii U. Bayonetta 2, Smash Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, Toad's Treasure, and Devil's Third.

How many promising PS4 games are not coming this year? Most of what Sony showed off, while good, won't be coming till 2015.

So, why bash Nintendo alone when Sony's offerings are not coming this year? Plus, Smash Bros is also coming around that time as well.

It looks like the summer months will be lean pickings for the 3DS and Wii U, before it picks up in the fall and Winter. I guess Nintendo is not risking a drought during the holiday shopping season.

Caryslan

Captain_Toad

Heh, I'm getting mixed reaction from the community from giant robot. Some like it, others don't.................. I like it.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Jazzer94

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Jazzer94 How did you get this password and username...?

Friend gave it to me, he writes for some website can't remember which one.

Makes sense. I understand why you wouldn't want to share his name/site. We want him to do this again next year!

I want him to do it next year too.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Peach64

CanisWolfred wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

They're not spinning. This is exactly what a lot of us predicted before the presentation. NLife fans go nuts, the rest of the gaming community is in indifferent. It's exactly like last year. People already knew Bayonetta 2, Smash and Hyrule Warriors were coming this year, and they didn't want a Wii U, and not much has changed. There was a lot of neat stuff shown, but almost all of it is next year or later.

Explain to me then why people are excited over the Sony conference when all they did was talk about stuff everyone already knew about and most of it was next year, if it even had a date? Heck, at least Nintendo didn't show off a mountain of year-old ports...

Sony weren't a ton better as far as I'm concerned. They both did largely the same thing, show a ton of great trailers for already announced games, most of which are not coming this year, with a small smattering of new IP, but one of the new IP Sony had was Miyzaki's new game, and it's not hard to understand why the gaming community might be a bit more excited by the new game from the guy that made Demon Souls and Dark Souls than they are for Splatoon?

I totally get why Nintendo fans preferred what Nintendo showed, but it's naive to think the entire gaming community is going to agree that Nintendo was the best. I'll refer again to Nintendo fans reaction to last year's E3. Nintendo fans always think Nintendo had the best E3, but I don't think the wider gaming community has considered Nintendo's stuff to be the best since 2006.

Peach64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.