Forums

Topic: 2012 Summer Olympic Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 129

Tasuki

So in three days the Olympics will come again this time from London. Anyone going to the games or going to be watching them? If so this is the place to talk about it. What events are you going to be paying close attention too? Athletes? Me in particular I will be watching the soccer, basketball and swimming events most but I am sure I will be watching the other sports too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

I always like following the Olympics. Just something kinda cool about their existence. Personally i prefer following primarily the swimming, track & field and gymnastics events.

And while the Summer Games tends to be the "better" Olympics overall, it sadly lacks the greatest Olympic event in the history of ever — CURLING!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

I watch the Olympics religiously.

I like seeing sports that don't usually get airtime, typically - fencing, handball, diving, gymnastics, velodrome. Also beach volleyball- incredibly difficult sport that one.

Water Polo. I dont know why but I love to watch it yet sadly the only time I can is during the Olympics.

My Backlog

iphys

Been watching the Olympics religiously ever since my grade 5 teacher put a TV in our classroom for all of Calgary 88. I'm looking forward to it, but I hope the coverage is good, because I think the last summer games they barely showed any live coverage here and just kept showing athlete bios and random hodgepodge.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Tasuki

iphys wrote:

Been watching the Olympics religiously ever since my grade 5 teacher put a TV in our classroom for all of Calgary 88. I'm looking forward to it, but I hope the coverage is good, because I think the last summer games they barely showed any live coverage here and just kept showing athlete bios and random hodgepodge.

Yeah I noticed that too during the Bejing games but I think that was due to it being in China. I read in a few articles that the stations covering the Olympics had strict rules on what they could and could not say and what they could and could not show due to China's laws. I dont see that being a problem in England.

My Backlog

Bankai

Tasuki wrote:

iphys wrote:

[/div]

Yeah I noticed that too during the Bejing games but I think that was due to it being in China. I read in a few articles that the stations covering the Olympics had strict rules on what they could and could not say and what they could and could not show due to China's laws. I dont see that being a problem in England.

If you're relying on free-to-air it could be a commercial problem with watching the more interesting sports - the pay TV channels are a safer bet if you've got access/ can afford them.

RR529

I actually really got into the Olympics with the 2008 games (there's just something majestic about the world seemingly coming together, if even just for a bit, that I like).

I'll watch what I can, and will be rooting for the U.S. and Japan.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Aviator

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

I like seeing sports that don't usually get airtime, typically - fencing, handball, diving, gymnastics, velodrome. Also beach volleyball- incredibly difficult sport that one.

You forgot waterpolo.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Bankai

Aviator wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

[/div]

You forgot waterpolo.

I watched a waterpolo match once. I saw what the athletes did to one another under the water.

Never again.

Tasuki

Aviator wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

You forgot waterpolo.

I didnt forget waterpolo see a few posts above.

My Backlog

Aviator

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Aviator wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

You forgot waterpolo.

[/div]

I watched a waterpolo match once. I saw what the athletes did to one another under the water.

Never again.

As long as you wear more than one pair of Speedo's you're fine.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

bezerker99

I'll be watchin' curling, swimming events, .... and basketball. Not sure what time "London Time" is where I live. Hopefully it won't be on late at night or when I'm at work.

Wheels2050

One of my mates that I used to play volleyball with is in the Australian team, so I'll probably try to keep an eye on that!

Unfortunately, being in the USA I doubt I'll get to see much in the way of Australian matches

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Aviator

Wheels2050 wrote:

One of my mates that I used to play volleyball with is in the Australian team, so I'll probably try to keep an eye on that!

Unfortunately, being in the USA I doubt I'll get to see much in the way of Australian matches

That's awesome. A few people from my water polo club are in the mens team.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.