Forums

Topic: 2012 Summer Olympic Thread

Posts 21 to 40 of 129

Wheels2050

Nice! Where do you play water polo? It's one of those sports that never gets much exposure - I'm not even sure I knew that Australia had a team...

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Tasuki

Aviator wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

One of my mates that I used to play volleyball with is in the Australian team, so I'll probably try to keep an eye on that!

Unfortunately, being in the USA I doubt I'll get to see much in the way of Australian matches

That's awesome. A few people from my water polo club are in the mens team.

Nice back when I took Tae Kwon Do I knew a few guys from the US Taekwondo team that were in the 2000 Olympics. Sadly though that was before streaming was around a whole lot so I never got to watch them since they didn't televise the Tae Kwon Do events.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Banker-Style

I might watch the running,and the female swimming(for obvious reasons)

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Prof_Clayton

Watching the swimming (we know The Phelps in real life for years. , running, gymnastics, and the basketball. And maybe I'll watch a little tennis and water polo, we will see.
@Aviator what's their name? (the person you know in the olympics)

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

lord_hades

i got tickets for the olympic football or as you americans call it (in snapes it-looks-like-your-up-to-something-voice) soccer

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

Tasuki

For those in the US it looks like NBC will be covering the games again this year. You can get a full schedule on NBC.com.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

BenAV

Getting really bored of all this boring soccer.
All the other sports need to hurry up and start. D:

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

DELETEMEPLEASE

I think the Japanese public broke Twitter after their team beat Spain 1-0 (and REALLY should have made it 3 or 4!)

DELETEMEPLEASE

Magi

Been hearing lots of stories lately about how amorous the athletes get in the Olympic Village. In public and everything!

Magi

RR529

SupaLewigi wrote:

I think the Japanese public broke Twitter after their team beat Spain 1-0 (and REALLY should have made it 3 or 4!)

Go Japan!

BTW, was it the men's team or women's team? I'm not really into soccer, but from what I've been hearing on NHK World the past few days, the Japanese are really excited about the women's team for some reason.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Bankai

RR529 wrote:

SupaLewigi wrote:

[/div]

Go Japan!

BTW, was it the men's team or women's team? I'm not really into soccer, but from what I've been hearing on NHK World the past few days, the Japanese are really excited about the women's team for some reason.

The men. They're in with a medal shot now.

The women also won and are a strong Gold medal chance, since they are the world champions.

Aviator

@Clayton Adain Roach.

I thought there was more than one, but oh well.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

RR529

I've never given Soccer much thought, but I'm watching a match between Honduras and Morocco just for the heck of it. It's currently tied (big suprise there) 2-2. It's more watchable than I'd thought it'd be, but I still don't get why the world goes nuts for the sport (but then again, I don't care who wins, so that could have something to do with it).

One question though, does anyone know why Morroco is abbreviated as MAR instead of MOR?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Bankai

I've never given Soccer much thought, but I'm watching a match between Honduras and Morocco just for the heck of it. It's currently tied (big suprise there) 2-2. It's more watchable than I'd thought it'd be, but I still don't get why the world goes nuts for the sport (but then again, I don't care who wins, so that could have something to do with it).

Once you learn how soccer works you'll realise that it's one of the most strategic sports in existence. It's like animated chess.

That may still bore you, but luckily there's a few dozen other sports to follow, huh

BenAV

Animated chess... no wonder I'm not that fond of watching it.
Just like chess, it can be fun to play but boring to watch.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

RR529

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

That may still bore you, but luckily there's a few dozen other sports to follow, huh

Speaking of other sports, is Baseball an Olympic sport? I want to say yes, but I can't quite remember, lol.

Anyhow, the Honduras and Morocco soccer match ended in that 2-2 tie. Also just finished up watching a match between South Korea and Mexico (rooted for SK, the game ended in a 0-0 tie).

UAE (United Arab Emirates) vs Uruguay is about to start, but I've had enough soccer for one night, so I'm going to stop here.

BTW, I believe all the matches were recorded from earlier in the day (I passed by the UAE/Uruguay match earlier on another channel).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

BenAV

@RR529 Yeah, most of the games were roughly 12 hours or so ago.
Mostly overnight here, so I couldn't really watch too much of it even if I wanted to.

BenAV

lord_hades

RR529 wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

[/div]

Speaking of other sports, is Baseball an Olympic sport? I want to say yes, but I can't quite remember, lol.

Anyhow, the Honduras and Morocco soccer match ended in that 2-2 tie. Also just finished up watching a match between South Korea and Mexico (rooted for SK, the game ended in a 0-0 tie).

UAE (United Arab Emirates) vs Uruguay is about to start, but I've had enough soccer for one night, so I'm going to stop here.

BTW, I believe all the matches were recorded from earlier in the day (I passed by the UAE/Uruguay match earlier on another channel).

no its not an olympic sport not an more anyway

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.