Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 2,633

FishyS

@Tasuki Given limited official moderation resources, I feel like people from the community such as yourself redirecting the new person to the master thread works pretty well. Then the duplicate thread dies a natural death even if it is never officially locked.

Also, I have no clue why there are suddenly so many threads of new Switch owners asking for suggestions — maybe a post-holiday surge?

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

antdickens

@Tasuki the rules haven’t changed, the usual process of reporting them applies — once we get chance to take a look, and we agree, they will be locked. But yeah, it’s the weekend and duplicates threads are lower on the priority list so hadn’t been looked at yet.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Tasuki

@antdickens OK, that makes sense. To be clear though it just doesn't happened on the weekend I have seen it happen alot lately so that's why I was curious.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

OctolingKing13

Have yall ever thought having a Nintendo Life app?

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

antdickens

@OctolingKing13 yeah, although there is little advantage in terms of the work required to maintain both a website and app. Also, Apple really only like apps that do something extra to what a website can already do — which in our case might be difficult. What features specifically do you think we need that only an app can do?

@antdickens

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

RupeeClock

@antdickens
If the Nintendo Life and other Hookshot Media apps were built as Progressive Web Apps, they could be installed as icons via Chrome or Firefox to a user's home screen on their mobile device.
This makes them full-screen contained applications rather than being a browser tab (though they are still rendered using your browser's engine, and apply your configurations and add-ons).

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Progressive_web_...

https://www.leekduck.com is an example of a PWA that I've added to my home screen as a useful resource for Pokémon Go.

RupeeClock

Eel

The ultimate feature for the app: columns-type puzzle where the jewels are user avatars.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Uncle_Franklin

how's the creation of a search function for comments coming along?

Uncle_Franklin

OctolingKing13

Yknow in articles there’s an option to share it on Facebook, WhatsApp, and a few other social apps? I think it’d be awesome if yall did and option for iMessage and Discord

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

OctolingKing13

@antdickens aw man, I just did thirty minutes of looking up blogs and stuff and found nothing. sorry 😞

I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

CaleBoi25

@antdickens Would it be possible to have a "user reviews" section? I think it could be implemented in a few ways:

• Games that have not been reviewed be staff could have a "submit review" button, allowing users to give a 100-500 word review that would then appear on the game's page.
  • Any and all games, including those that have been reviewed by staff, would have this button, but the review would have to be confirmed by staff before it appears.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

FishyS

@CaleBoi25 This has been requested quite a few times in this thread. antdickens seems positive about some version of user reviews, it just hasn't happened yet. I assume the queue is long.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

WoomyNNYes

@CaleBoi25 Two things. One: When you add games to your game's page on your profile, you can add your own score for it.(I see you have games on your profile page & are aware of that.) The NL User score average is shown on the game's page just below NL's review score. Example game page: https://www.nintendolife.com/games/nintendo-switch/super_mari...

And the other thing is, NL user participation rate. Many games aren't popular enough to get a good number of NL users to score them.

(forgive me Ant if I understate NL user scoring participation. That's just the impression I've gotten when I've looked. I still love this site<33)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

antdickens

@WoomyNNYes it becomes more popular when we include it in specific articles, but yes I always want more votes!

@CaleBoi25 user reviews is something I'd love to add, I hope we will this year. The biggest issue at the moment will be dealing with bad actors and people creating reviews from AI etc. we only really want "real" reviews, and how we ensure that is a bit of a challenge...

@antdickens

Fizza

If possible, I'd like to make a suggestion for the Games Collection side of user profiles; what if users were able to designate if they own a game physically or digitally? I see a lot of discussion in the forums regarding people discussing their game collections and how many they have physically versus digitally and I think it would be a great idea for users to sort their games as another means of self-expression on the site. It could be a categorisation similar to existing ones we have under the Status bar such as the 'Have', 'Owned' or 'Want' if need be (though I think a simple 'Physical or Digital?' option/icon on the game's designated page would work fine as well). I have basically no experience in coding so I don't know how feasible something like this would be, but I think it'd be an overall positive addition to the site that I know a ton of people would make great use of!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@antdickens I think the site has a malware ad problem. I noticed a bunch of unsuitable Etsy ads on here and the sister sites for about a week now. Ever since, I’ve received warnings on sites like Amazon and Smyths (the UK retailer) that I may have malware. I sent my laptop off for repair but I’m noticing the same ads on my iPad.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

antdickens

@Grumblevolcano we actually have a malware detection system in our ad stack now, which hasn't flagged anything in quite a while now, so I'm fairly confident we're all clear. If you're talking about the Temu (not etsy) ads, they are, unfortunately, totally legitimate but some of their products are a little questionable.

@antdickens

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic