Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 2,605

Grumblevolcano

@antdickens The ads I’m receiving say Etsy at the bottom left of the ad and the items being advertised are very suggestive in nature.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OctolingKing13

Yknow in Minecraft when you type in / it shows a list of commands? That’d would be super helpful and cool imo!

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

GalaxicGlobe

@OctolingKing13 I 2nd this, I know there is a forum showing all the chat things but going back to look at that over and over is a bit confusing and tedious.

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

Anti-Matter

@antdickens
There was an error when I clicked my username or other users, it said the link was gone.

"Sorry, but it look's like you've clicked on a broken link, we've looked everywhere in our system for it too.

Please double check the URL and try again or head back to the homepage."

Anti-Matter

DiamondCore

I just realized that a new feature was added to see recent likes, that’s a pretty cool new addition!
Untitled

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

FishyS

I saw that feature too a few days ago, it's interesting.

Is there a reasonable way to search only articles? The default search feature tends to pull up a million forum posts (after the insurance ads) when really what I want is an official article. Generally, searching better is what I would want most on this site (including searching your own or a specific other person's comments or posts)

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

DiamondCore

@FishyS As of now, for specific-game articles, you gotta go to that games’ page and then scroll down to see the news history, but for random articles you’re best bet is to search something like “switch 2 doesn’t need backwards compatibility NintendoLife” to find those

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

CaleBoi25

@FishyS Really? That's funny. (For those wondering, it's quite a good F2P)

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

CaleBoi25

@antdickens Is it possible to select a color for a forum? The amiibo forum is a teal color, and I was wondering if that is a staff decision or user generated. That got me wondering: could User Settings allow for a "default" color, so we could permanently enjoy dark blue NLife articles?

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

CaleBoi25

@antdickens Ah, I see. In that case, I do think it would be neat to allow custom themes.

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

RupeeClock

So viewing a review for Mario Tennis (N64) and also Mario Tennis (GBC), I noticed the inclusion of a user poll to rate the game (for those lovely user ranked articles).

Untitled

It uses the conventional 1-column poll that many articles feature, but in doing so adds a lot of empty vertical space between Nintendo Life's review score, and the comments section.

This really seems like a good opportunity to develop a dedicated games collection rating bar, for displaying at the bottom of reviews or relevant articles.
I've a few ideas for it:

• Prompt the user to log in to add their rating
  • Displays 10 stars like the main scoring display, with each star from 1 to 10 being a clickable input (should also be possible to retract a rating)
  • Mouse-over behaviour before selecting a rating to show the applicable text labels per score (only show "outstanding", "excellent", "great", "good", so on when needed)
  • Single-click action to set your rating, compared to the current implementation where you select radio button, then click Vote
  • Display the user's profile icon next to the user rating bar to communicate this is your rating
  • Option to display the game's icon for articles that may feature multiple user ratings bars
  • Logic that ratings cannot be submit prior to the game's earliest release date
  • After submitting a rating, an additional button to show counts, proportions and the average of user ratings as a collapsible narrow horizontal bar graph

Making it into a nice compact article widget would really increase the number of user ratings you could collect, further driving the quality of your articles.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Grumblevolcano

@antdickens I'll continue to keep an eye on it but from what I can gather, the ads problem has disappeared now so thank you for that.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic