Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 2,633

antdickens

@CaleBoi25 thanks, this likely only showed when viewing your first topic in that session (it only remembers topics on a per-session basis). I've updated the wording so it's different whether you are logged in or not.

@FishyS at the moment that is normal — it's when we chose to republish older articles, they are still accessible but will sometimes show a date in the future. Also, not every article is promoted onto the homepage (certain guides are not, especially if they are likely to contain spoilers).

@MarioLover92 this may be related to some background processes running, I've been getting the odd error come through myself, I will be updating this soon so it should have less impact on the live site(s).

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

DiamondCore

I feel like email notifications should be able to be turned off in an easier way, like a button in profile settings to disable them or something, because as of now the only way to turn them off is through a small link on the email itself (which doesn’t even turn them off, as I’ve tried pressing Unsubscribe a bunch of times and it still sends me them, so it looks like it’s broken on there)

(Edit: removed a chunk of this post because I apparently replied to an older post lmao)

Edited on by DiamondCore

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

FishyS

I've noticed some game overview pages list tags — for example Cult of the Lamb is tagged Roguelike. However other games such as Dead Cells don't have tags.

As a random suggestion, it would be neat if people could add tags (from a list). And then the top tags with enough votes could be displayed, similarly to the user review scores. Tags with 'non-official' genres like metroidvania, roguelike, visual novel, etc. are often more useful than the generic Nintendo genres such as 'adventure'. It would be a nice way to filter games, especially ones which didn't get reviews describing them.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

antdickens

@FishyS yeah, at the moment it just depends who is adding the game info as to how detailed they make it. I am keen to make the genre/theme stuff more comprehensive, and I do like the idea of getting the community involved — it would still need some kind of moderation over the terms though, so needs to be thought through — but it's a good idea!

@antdickens

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

DiamondCore

@antdickens I'm referring to the emails you get whenever someone replies/quotes you in the forums, the option to get a notification on the website for them only and not an email too would be useful

Edited on by DiamondCore

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

CaleBoi25

@antdickens I may have missed it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to "favorite" articles. So unless I bookmark one to my browser, it can be hard to find that specific Zelda glitch that I need. Perhaps this could be implemented?

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

CaleBoi25

@antdickens OK, that's what I was thinking of! So I will look forward to it's implementation this year!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

OctolingKing13

Have yall (nintendolife) ever thought of starting a podcast?

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

antdickens

@OctolingKing13 we've been asked that alot over the years, we did have one about 10 years ago for a short while. Long story short is that our editorial team don't have the time/resource to produce one at the quality we would want, and we wouldn't want non-core-staff to run one in our name. Latest theory is potentially subverting some of the video content we do into a podcast format, which is still up for discussion internally.

@antdickens

Atomic77

It seems there is a lot old posts lately.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

OctolingKing13

It’s extremely annoying to insert photos in comments and forums on mobile, why not make that easier?

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

CaleBoi25

@OctolingKing13 Heads up, a lot of people ask about that, don't hold your breath, It has been stated multiple times that it won't happen.

(EDIT: I agree with you signature, I need Side Order!!)

Edited on by CaleBoi25

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Rambler

OctolingKing13 wrote:

It’s extremely annoying to insert photos in comments and forums on mobile, why not make that easier?

Unless you mean an actual photo? Yeah, that would be tricky. Maybe a bit of sticky tape on the screen?

Rambler

CaleBoi25

@antdickens On the page about the Splatoon map rework, there was an error. It just said "Not Found" and the tweet didn't show up. The text was still there, however. So I'm not sure if it's just my browser or a bug on the site.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/01/splatoon-3s-minceme...

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Tasuki

@Antdickens Whats the current rule for duplicate threads? I only ask cause I remember a few years ago I made a thread asking for game recommendations only to have my thread locked by the mod and directed to the recommendations thread. However now I see quite often threads popping up for What game should I get? Or Game recommendations threads. I am just confused cause like I said I was told by a mod that that's what the recommendations thread was for. I don't want to to sound rude but it's not really a good image for the site if the mod team picks and choose what to enforce. What makes it that a mod decides that mine isn't allowed but countless others are?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WoomyNNYes

@Tasuki I wonder if the weekend is the reason, or because it's late night in UK now, and maybe they'll get to it in the morning. Or less people are reporting it.

EDIT: Oh, FishyS (below) makes a good point regarding the post-holiday surge.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic