Forums

Topic: Speedx hyper edition

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Undead_terror

What is there to say? it's better and cheaper then the original which is on the eshop, it's also a middle finger to those who paid extra for the lamer version, and can you believe that the original speedx is still on the eshop!

Edited on by Undead_terror

accc

What makes this version better?

accc

Undead_terror

accc wrote:

What makes this version better?

Here is what they say about the game
"You won't believe what's possible in a tunnel racing game! Speedx 3D Hyper Edition is the fastest tunnel racer ever! Be amazed by its enhanced visuals, start your run with just one tap on the screen and experience incredible thrills as you race through the new location. Speedx 3D Hyper Edition offers new music tracks, improved controls and even faster gameplay. Trigger Hyper mode, collect shields and boosts and see how far can you go! Oh, and don’t forget to wear your headphones; the new music tracks make Speedx 3D Hyper Edition sound like never before!
The fastest tunnel racer ever!
Enhanced visuals.
New music, improved controls and even faster gameplay!
Hyper mode, shields and boosts! "

RR529

undead_terror wrote:

What is there to say? it's better and cheaper then the original which is on the eshop, it's also a middle finger to those who paid extra for the lamer version, and can you believe that the original speedx is still on the eshop!

So, what you're saying is that the first game in a series should stop being sold whenever it gets a sequel...

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Undead_terror

RR529 wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

What is there to say? it's better and cheaper then the original which is on the eshop, it's also a middle finger to those who paid extra for the lamer version, and can you believe that the original speedx is still on the eshop!

So, what you're saying is that the first game in a series should stop being sold whenever it gets a sequel...

No, but the hyper drive edition is a upgraded version of speedx, makes it pointless to have the downgraded version on the eshop especially if it costs more.

Meowpheel

Isn't kinda like what happened with that dsiware (the one about stealing flags with cute animals in colorful planets)? They released an improved version for a cheaper price some months after the first game, I don't remember anyone complaining about that one.

This one looks certainly nicer than the original speedx.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shane904

Morphtorok wrote:

Isn't kinda like what happened with that dsiware (the one about stealing flags with cute animals in colorful planets)? They released an improved version for a cheaper price some months after the first game, I don't remember anyone complaining about that one.

You're referring to Pop Island, and Pop Island: Paperfield. Paperfield was almost an expansion pack. If you had Pop Island on the same device, you had access to extra maps and characters. Otherwise, it had only a few (four?) maps, and six (maybe) playable characters. Whatever the case, it was cheaper, but it had less content, but it rewarded owners of the original.

Getting wrapped up in worries is bad for your body and spirit. That’s when you must short out your logic circuits and reboot your heart. -Elesa, Pokémon B/W

iphys

Lol, I guess we're all awaiting the review instead of dropping the massive $3 for it. I think it might be worth rebuying to get different music, assuming it's decent. I guess it's too bad they didn't do it as an update so people that paid $4 for the original didn't have to rebuy what's essentially the same game.

Spanish_Bread

undead_terror wrote:

it's also a middle finger to those who paid extra for the lamer version, and can you believe that the original speedx is still on the eshop!

agree, that's why i won't be buying games from gamelions anymore...

Spanish_Bread

DePapier

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

DePapier wrote:

Folks, it's the price of a bag of chips or something, if you're interested why should it be so hard to spend those 3 bucks?

Bags of chips are like 99 cents...

I must have been talking about those big Monster Munch bags I droll around over there in France. Or those Pringles. Or Cheetos.

iphys

Chips are unhealthful, so I don't buy the $3 bags . . . unless they go on sale for $1 and then I forget how awful they are and buy them anyway.

So still no one has made the $3 plunge — too funny!

Undead_terror

Well for me, I already spent 4 bucks on what is pretty much the same thing but downgraded, would I rather buy it or wait for a new game that got my interest and got more originality?

MrWalkieTalkie

So it's everything that the original had and more? Because I was literally just about to get the original until I saw that this released and now I'm confused.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

6ch6ris6

read the review here on nintendolife.
in short:
yes it is improved, but it only has one game-mode (original had 4)

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
waiting for Nintendo to release a new handheld

DarkEdi

I just downloaded it and I have the previous game. I have a question, why this update don´t has the motion controller?

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic