Forums

Topic: Radiant Historia

Posts 101 to 120 of 141

Knux

Dang, how the eff did I get Aksys confused with Atlus? I still need to play the Persona games that I own.

Knux

theblackdragon

@weegee: probably because they both have five letters, start with A, and end with S. to be honest, though, I'm kinda in your boat — i'm not a fan of dungeon-crawlers at all, SRPGs are generally too tedious Ispending an hour+ on one battle and still losing in the end... just doesn't make me want to continue tbqh), and they make up quite a bit of their library of games. Also wasn't a very big fan of Contact (I liked the pop culture it incorporated, but the game kinda bored me, especially toward the end). Radiant Historia freakin' blew my mind, though :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Nightwalker

A great RPG, no doubt, but all that backtracking bored me at moments. -.-

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

Wheels2050

Well, for anyone who missed out on the original run, Atlus is apparently reprinting Radiant Historia.

Grab it if you missed out the first time!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

HandheldGuru97

I still haven't beaten it (like most of the RPG's I buy). Really need to finish it.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

kkslider5552000

theblackdragon wrote:

Also wasn't a very big fan of Contact (I liked the pop culture it incorporated, but the game kinda bored me, especially toward the end).

I've already ranted too much about this game (and yet multiple people bought it from my ranting...what) but I've found the military base and desert areas killed the game long before the end. The amount of grinding to increase game time would make FF1 embarrassed and ruined an otherwise interesting game.

oh and i like SRPGs but that does kill them. I lost one guy in a mission in FE:SS so I shut it off and probably won't play it again for a while. Advance Wars had this problem too, but at least Advance Wars doesn't have RPG elements to pay attention to and is a definitively better series.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Mieu-Fire

love it amazing but not as good as world ends with you and srpg's do suck i only like devil survior overclocked and i sold that

MANGO

komicturtle

My copy is has been shipped last night (Amazon). Though, I probably won't open it until I finish Tales of The Abyss, and possibly finish Muramasa on Wii..

komicturtle

ThePirateCaptain

Have the reprints been released and if so are they in stores? If not i'll probably pick it up from Amazon if I don't get it for my birthday.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Spoony_Tech

I would assume that if they shipped komics copy 4 days ago that its out. You need to play this game period.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

iPancakez wrote:

Have the reprints been released and if so are they in stores? If not i'll probably pick it up from Amazon if I don't get it for my birthday.

-Should iPancakez buy from Amazon or from a store?
Amazon
"Well, a store probably won't have it so my best option would be Amazon."
-Are you sure?
"Yes."
-iPancakez decided to buy from Amazon. But suddenly lightning struck his computer and it scarred him so much that he never went on the internet again. This caused a huge decrease in the popularity of pancakes ultimately making them forgotten food and closing down IHOP. An army of mutant french toast were than able to begin their plans to conquer the entire world.
-French Toast Victory Ending
FIN

Seriously, the bizarre endings to this game are a comedy goldmine.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Xyphon22

I've finally reached what I think is the end of this game (I've thought that about 20 times, though) and thought I was doing great until the third stage of the boss ripped me to shreds. To those who have beaten it, what levels were your party at? The ones I use are around 46-49, so I'm wondering if I should just keep trying or not waste the time and go do some side quests to level up more.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

theblackdragon

@Xyphon: definitely go do some sidequests, and give some thought to going for 100% completion so you can see the true ending.

by the time i went for the final boss, i'd already beaten the hardest boss in the game (part of a sidequest)... the guide recommended being 59 or so iirc, and i remember i was at least in the mid 70's before i was able to beat that particular boss, and then i went straight through the endgame afterward. The final boss was pretty easy since I was so far overleveled for it, haha :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Fuzzy

How long have people taken to beat it? I've been playing it on and off for a while now (25-30 hours?).

Edited on by Fuzzy

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Xyphon22

Was that 59 recommended for the final boss or the special one? I plan on just beating it so I can see a normal ending and finally move on to another game (namely Tales of the Abyss which I have had since launch but haven't played yet because I don't like to get multiple RPGs going at once) and then go back to do everything and get the true ending sometime later to see what the difference is between them. I think I'll try at least a couple more times before giving up until I'm at a higher level. This is the best game I've seen at having to actually develop a good strategy, so I'm definitely not giving up after only one go.

Xyphon22

Xyphon22

Yay! I finally beat it. I did a few more tasks and got Stocke up to level 50 and my other two up to 49 and 47. I used two people that everything I read said not to use, but they were my favorites throughout and they worked for me. That's what I love about this game. It takes so much strategy and every player can figure out a different one that works for them. There is no best way to do it. Now I just have to go back someday to do everything and get the best ending. It took me about 46 hours I think.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

kurtasbestos

I finally beat this game today! That was easily one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time. Now I get to patiently sit around hoping that they make some kind of sequel or prequel or game with similar mechanics (not to mention an awesome story, likable characters, and fantastic music) set in the same world.

AQUIA BASE 10 BOXLIFE CUBELLO DIGIDRIVE light trax ORBIENT PiCTOBiTS precipice ROTOHEX Rotozoa ZENGAGE

Nintendo Network ID: kurtasbestos

Spoony_Tech

This is still on my long list of game to complete. Shame really as its such a great experience. Ill get through it one day. I've been getting the urge to play it again!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.