Forums

Topic: Radiant Historia

Posts 121 to 140 of 141

JohnDoe123

I've been wanting to play this again, but the enemies are way too overpowered for me. I want to experience the storyline and such, but just can't advance without grinding, which I don't really want to do.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

kkslider5552000

EmpireIndustries wrote:

I want to experience the storyline and such, but just can't advance without grinding, which I don't really want to do.

you shouldn't really have a problem if you just fight each enemy in an area once. Also, not wanting to grind in a JRPG, yeah, good luck with that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

theblackdragon

you kinda gotta knuckle down and get after it, Empireindustries — there comes a point where the game kinda demands you not only grind, but start strategizing during even 'easy' battles in order for you to proceed without dying. experiencing the game in full is very much worth the trouble of grinding, tbqh... if it helps, i kinda made grinding into a game in itself at one point when I believe I had Aht, Stocke, and Marco on my team; i'd use Marco's ability to switch with another character and line up the attacks with Aht, raking in epic combos for mad XP. You get more XP if you work up good combos than if you don't iirc :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

kurtasbestos

The only grinding I did in this game was when I hadn't seen a character in a long time and I wanted to get them to the same level as everyone else. It could be because I did a lot of exploring trying to find and finish all the side quests as I went, or maybe I did more grinding than I thought, but because I liked this game so much I didn't even realize I WAS grinding.

AQUIA BASE 10 BOXLIFE CUBELLO DIGIDRIVE light trax ORBIENT PiCTOBiTS precipice ROTOHEX Rotozoa ZENGAGE

Nintendo Network ID: kurtasbestos

Spoony_Tech

That's what I like to do and use every character equally! I like them all at the same level and when I get towards the end of the game that's when I go with the best combo!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

theblackdragon

kurtasbestos wrote:

The only grinding I did in this game was when I hadn't seen a character in a long time and I wanted to get them to the same level as everyone else. It could be because I did a lot of exploring trying to find and finish all the side quests as I went, or maybe I did more grinding than I thought, but because I liked this game so much I didn't even realize I WAS grinding.

it was probably the latter, especially if you turned grinding into a game like i did :3 but yeah, to finish that one final sidequest in particular (i'm assuming you know the one i'm talking about...?) I had to do quite a bit of grinding because i kept getting my butt handed to me by Mr. V... that could also have been my stubbornness to not use the princess, though (idk, i think the guide i was using said to use her for that fight, but i just didn't want to level her up and then go beat the game with my favorite team afterward, it kinda felt cheap for me to do so). the great thing after that sidequest, though, was that the endgame was a freakin' breeze >:3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Otto-Soq

I purchased the game a while ago. Never played it...yet....

I will when i finish Dragon Quest 6. But me and my girl are totally hooked on Clash of Heroes multiplayer.

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

Brutapode89

I'm European because I'm French but I've got Radiant Historia! We can import and play to this in Europe only on 3DS, 3DS XL, DS Tank and DS Lite!

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Spoony_Tech

Scarhino89 wrote:

I'm European because I'm French but I've got Radiant Historia! We can import and play to this in Europe only on 3DS, 3DS XL, DS Tank and DS Lite!

Ds tank lol. I prefer brick actually!

Hope you enjoy it as its an excellent game!!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

-What is the 2011 GOTY?
Skyward Sword/Skyrim
-Are you sure?
"Yes."
-kkslider5552000 proclaimed with the rest of the world that Radiant Historia was not the Game of the Year of 2011.He was than rightly stoned to death for being a horrible idiot buying into hype.
-Self-referencial humor ending
FIN

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

I've had it for a few months now, but have yet to play it. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

I've had it for a few months now, but have yet to play it. Hopefully that'll change soon.

WHAT!!!!! You don't know what you're missing! I'm almost tempted to say put down EO4 and go play it NOW!

MERG said:

theblackdragon

Ralizah wrote:

PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT

(i'm serious, you'll thank us later for encouraging you to play it)

BEST THREAD EVER

Ralizah

Popular game, huh?

Is it like Chrono Trigger? All I knew is that I'd be a fool not to get it when Atlus briefly reprinted it. They almost never disappoint when it comes to JRPGs.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

It's somewhat similar to Chrono but the combat is more deep imo! Awesome story and time links really make it an excellent game. Very likeable characters as well!!

MERG said:

theblackdragon

It's similar to Chrono Trigger in that it deals with time-travel and there are (many) different 'endings' to the game you'll see as you make your way through, but the battle system is different (it's not your average turn-based system) and I think the story is a bit more mature (though both are excellent). You'll understand more after you've gotten through a chapter or two. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

DarkCoolEdge

Despite liking a lot Chrono Trigger, I'm enjoying Radiant more because I find the story better. It's one heck of a game, luckily the ds is region free. Thank you for 3ds' stupid region lock Nintendo. Well done...

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

Bassman_Q

So I've been playing this one on and off lately (after finally getting the game November '13), and am at the door with the black seal where you have to fight 4 guardians. The first 3 guardians weren't so hard, but once you get to the last one SPOILERS Viola SPOILERS, I just keep getting my @$$ handed to me. I fought her at least 5 times now with a party of Stocke, Raynie, and Aht (At levels 51, 49, and 48, respectively), and every time I kill off the stones first which are easy with Aht, but then the boss usually kills one of my party and those damn Noble Flames kill of the remaining two within a turn. I always raise everyone's MDef using Ahts Lunatic spell but it's so short that it only lasts like 3 full turns and I never know when it wears off because I usually have Regen cast at the same time. I'm starting to lose my patience with this game despite the very engaging story, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.