Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 782

Windy

I would highly recommend Phantasy Star Zero on DS. Online co-op up to 4 players and a decent single player story mode. Great game with alot of longevity. You can easily clock 200 hours searching for Rare items. The online play is pretty flawless and there is still a nice following on the game to hookup with other people. If your an online nut this game is for you. Plus making pictochats is kind of a game in itself for you artists out there as it uses pictochat as its communication system. I would love to see this game remade on 3ds

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

CanisWolfred

I know some people who downright hate PS Zero, but I was a big fan of it. Glad to see someone else liked it, too.

@MikeDanger1

I haven't played it yet, but I've been told numerous times that the entire singleplayer campaign of PK Conquest is practically a tutorial for the post-game content, which makes up a much bigger part of the game and I think is supposed to be a lot more involved. So I'd imagine it'd be easy for a while, then ratchet up the difficulty when you've passed the credits. Just saying.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheels2050

What's Nintendogs like? I'm thinking about picking up one of the versions, but I don't know if I'd play it that much - is it basically a more involved Tamagotchi style thing? Also, is it a game that you really need to play every day? I don't think that style of thing suits me that well.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Tasuki

Wheels2050 wrote:

What's Nintendogs like? I'm thinking about picking up one of the versions, but I don't know if I'd play it that much - is it basically a more involved Tamagotchi style thing? Also, is it a game that you really need to play every day? I don't think that style of thing suits me that well.

Basically yeah its a glorified virtual pet and No you dont have to play it every day. One time I didnt touch mine for 2 months cause I lost my charger to my DS and went back to the game and my dogs were fine. They were however dirty, hungry, and thirsty. Gameplay wise its fun at first but after awhile it does get boring at least it did for me. If you have a 3DS I would suggest getting Nintendogs and Cats cause I heard that there is a bit more to do in that one than the DS ones.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mieu-Fire

@MikeDanger1 i havent played it but i hear it really easy but does keep the you busy
i got a question i love the digimon games i have played on the ps2 and ps1 but is digimon dusk/dawn any good and which is better dawn or dusk

MANGO

Wheels2050

@Tasuki: Thanks for that. I think I might skip it - I've got enough games already that if it's not that appealing long-term then I would just be getting it to have in my collection. I think I'll spend my money elsewhere!

I appreciate the reply

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

CanisWolfred

mieu-fire wrote:

@MikeDanger1 i havent played it but i hear it really easy but does keep the you busy
i got a question i love the digimon games i have played on the ps2 and ps1 but is digimon dusk/dawn any good and which is better dawn or dusk

They're good. Not as great as Digimon World 3, but better than 4. As for which is better, they're practically the same. Go with whichever has the digimon you like more.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MikeDanger

mieu-fire wrote:

I have Dusk, and it's an ok game the story is somehow cool and the way you collect digimon and digivolve is original. But it's not as good as Pokemon just so you know, if you see it for aroudn $20 or less I say get it. It you see it higher than 30 it's not worth it.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

CanisWolfred

Digimon games usually go for a different approach than Pokemon. While Dawn/Dusk is the most comparable to Pkmn, I still wouldn't use it as "the bar".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

@turtlelink
I had a good time with it. It's not much more than the GBA games, though. The music is higher-quality, but that's about it, outside of all refrences to death being changed to "retirement".
Still, if you haven't played any of the Mega Man Zero games, you can't go wrong.
Quick aside, I'd like to note that 2, 3, and 4 are much, much better than the original game. There's a much better sense of polish, and if you fail a stage, you just start right back up instead of having to load your save file or give up in 1.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Gamesake

Mega Man Zero Collection is pretty awesome. It has more extras to offer than an art gallery and easy mode. Mega Man Zero 3 has in game Mod Cards previously only available in Japan by scanning real life cards with the e-Reader. Mod Cards can modify all sorts of things--you can have your home base overrun with cats if you want. It's a little sad that one of the best DS games I've played is just a collection of four GBA games, but it is a great compilation of some of the best Mega Man games ever.

...in my pants.

RR529

So, has anyone played Avalon Code? From what I've seen of it, it looks like it could be a pretty ambitious DS RPG (graphically, anyhow), but I don't hear much about it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

KarrotMan

Avalon Code didn't click with me unfortunately, found it repetitive. It gave a good first impression, but traded the game after the first "dungeon". Quite a shame, the Book of Prophecy, The main hook of the game where you fill in pages for this book to alter your surroundings, weapons and enemies, was fun to use even if it does get glitchy later on or so I've heard. It is worth a try if you can find it $20, but if you have second thoughts, I recommend you try Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time, Lunar Knights, or if you can import, try Soma Bringer instead, they are the better Action RPG/Hack'n slash games imo.

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

RR529

^I had Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, and really enjoyed it. I'll be on the lookout for the others you mentioned, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Otto-Soq

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. 2 player multicard play keeps me and my mrs hooked for weeks now. Truly amazing simple and deep gameplay at the same time!

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

Wheels2050

How are the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games for single player only? It seems as though they're focused on multiplayer, which I probably wouldn't get into.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic