Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 782

MikeDanger

Jamouse wrote:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Other than that I can say Radiant Historia, even though Strange Journey is my favorite game, I find Radiant Historia to be the best RPG on the system. And the best one since the PS2 era.

[/div]

Does Radiant Historia get better as the game goes on, because I've played about the first 6 hours and I'm finding it quite... boring.

It gets better with time. I also found it boring at first.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

MetalMario

Anyone here have Magical Starsign? It's $3 used and $15 new at my Gamestop and I was wondering if it was any good.

EDIT: Whoops, somebody on this page already said something about it.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

kkslider5552000

MetalMario wrote:

That person doesn't get why the game doesn't work yet. I assume at least, I liked the game at first too.

Now, granted I haven't played the game since I beat it shortly after it came out. But from what I remember, the game's problem is pretty much that it never builds or gets better. It starts at ok and stays there, at best, and just ends up dissappointing. The characters aren't remotely compelling, nor is the story for the most part, even by JRPG standards. The music is meh, the battles get old even for turn based RPGs (lamest use of touch screen doesn't help), The only thing all that great is the robot character. He was a lot of fun. And no Brownie Brown didn't make Secret of Mana. They made Sword of Mana....I think...

Really the game just ends up as kind of a bore and there are so many better JRPGs to get on the DS, most notably TWEWY and Radiant Historia. Even Contact, with it's horrible midgame nightmare grinding, I'd recommend for at least having some great ideas and parts that are pretty awesome.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MetalMario

kkslider5552000 wrote:

MetalMario wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

That person doesn't get why the game doesn't work yet. I assume at least, I liked the game at first too.

Now, granted I haven't played the game since I beat it shortly after it came out. But from what I remember, the game's problem is pretty much that it never builds or gets better. It starts at ok and stays there, at best, and just ends up dissappointing. The characters aren't remotely compelling, nor is the story for the most part, even by JRPG standards. The music is meh, the battles get old even for turn based RPGs (lamest use of touch screen doesn't help), The only thing all that great is the robot character. He was a lot of fun. And no Brownie Brown didn't make Secret of Mana. They made Sword of Mana....I think...

Really the game just ends up as kind of a bore and there are so many better JRPGs to get on the DS, most notably TWEWY and Radiant Historia. Even Contact, with it's horrible midgame nightmare grinding, I'd recommend for at least having some great ideas and parts that are pretty awesome.

[/div]

[/div]

Yeah I heard TWEWY was good, I guess so good that nobody wants to trade it in. When it was new it eluded my interest somehow.

Maybe I'll look into Radiant Historia, though. Honestly the only reason I was interested in Magical Starsign at all is because it was $3. XD Thanks for the information though. The most disappointing thing to me would be the music being sub par, since that's what usually makes the RPG experience whole for me.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

kkslider5552000

yeah, like...when I am complaining about the music in video games, that's really not a good sign. I mean I like the music in Glover, Charmeleon Twist, Super Monkey Ball 1, and a Spongebob Squarepants game. I don't exactly have high standards.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pokefanmum82

does anybody recommend pokemon conquest? I like fire emblem GBA that I got as an ambassador but not really sure I will like Pokemon Conquest, hence why I haven't bought it yet even though I am a big fan of Pokemon. I just want to know if it's easy to pick up and learn how to play it.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Yes I recommend it. It is a tactical RPG similar to Fire Emblem, but more similar to the Final Fantasy Tactics series (the DS one Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2 Grimoire of the Rift is recommended.) It is fun though and has lots of replayability after the main story. I've put about 30 hours into the game so far
Also I recommend TWEWY to all!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

soniclyscrewed

Anybody got recommendations for someone who was (is) totally engrossed in Rune Factory but loathed Harvest Moon?

Also, what's Disgaea like? I like strategy games but from what I've heard it's ridiculously grind intensive and complex. I've been torn between that and Pokemon Conquest but at this point it sounds like PC might be the way to go... even though Disgaea appeals to me for its writing and art style.

soniclyscrewed

moomoo

soniclyscrewed wrote:

Anybody got recommendations for someone who was (is) totally engrossed in Rune Factory but loathed Harvest Moon?

Also, what's Disgaea like? I like strategy games but from what I've heard it's ridiculously grind intensive and complex. I've been torn between that and Pokemon Conquest but at this point it sounds like PC might be the way to go... even though Disgaea appeals to me for its writing and art style.

Think of Disgaea as a SRPG with a very fast pace and quirky sense of humor. It also is probably the most complex in the genre, but I would count that against the game. It was the first SRPG that I actually liked, and I played Final Fantasy tactics before, so that says something about it. It's definitely my favorite series in the genre, right next to SMT: Devil Survivor. It'll also last you a ridiculous amount of time if you wish it to; each item in the game has its own world, so yeah . I'd definitely say its a better game then Pokemon Conquest, and you can probably find it for cheaper too.
However, if you have a PSP, get that version instead.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CanisWolfred

moomoo wrote:

Do not listen to this man. He is wrong. Wrong. The DS version has added features and Etna mode. ETNA MODE. Seriously, you'll be more than fine with the DS version.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

Mickeymac wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Do not listen to this man. He is wrong. Wrong. The DS version has added features and Etna mode. ETNA MODE. Seriously, you'll be more than fine with the DS version.

[/div]

So does the PSP version. All the DS has is a Prinny on the bottom screen naratting stuff. The PSP version is more polished and feels less cluttered. Also, there's much less voice acting in the DS version, and with only one audio track.
The DS version is a port of the PSP version, not the PS2 version. It's inferior in every regard, minus using a screen for a Prinny. Granted, if you don't have that option, then its hardly a bad purchase.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

CanisWolfred

moomoo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

So does the PSP version. All the DS has is a Prinny on the bottom screen naratting stuff. The PSP version is more polished and feels less cluttered. Also, there's much less voice acting in the DS version, and with only one audio track.
The DS version is a port of the PSP version, not the PS2 version. It's inferior in every regard, minus using a screen for a Prinny. Granted, if you don't have that option, then its hardly a bad purchase.

Oh. Damnit, I thought I read on Wikipedia years ago that the DS version introduced Etna mode. F***. I literally went to 3 different Gamestops to get a copy of the DS version. And I lost it last week, and resided to never play Disgaea again if I couldn't play Etna mode. I guess I'll go download the PSP version now...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xilef

Was Radiant Historia ever releases in Europe? I have heard great things about it...

Xilef

Xilef

OK then. Anyone know a good place to import?

Xilef

e-love

Is Elite Beat Agents great for a Rhythm Heaven fan?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

moomoo

Emaan wrote:

It's great for a fan of music games in general. Considering how cheap you can get it now, there's no reason not to own it.

Best thread ever

Banker-Style

Emaan wrote:

[/div]

It's one of the best music games ever created.
Best be getting it.

Edited on by Banker-Style

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

MikeDanger

Yeah, so... I'm 21 years old and if a game's too easy for me I usually give up faster than if it was frustratingly hard. I'm a Srpg fan. How easy is Pokemon Conquest? If it's baby easy i'll pass.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic