Lan

I'm not a fan of em, the gameplay is pretty shallow in my awesome opinion

Edited on by Lan

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

MikeDanger

@wheels2050 In my opinion it's the weakest Final Fantasy game on the DS.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

SirSmugleaf

If anyone hasn't yet bought Rhythm Heaven, stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and get it! It's very cheap now anyway!
I got it recently and it, simply put, brings joy to my heart! It's s fun, addictive, quirky, cheerful and lively! A must-have DS game!

Nintendo Life gave it a 9/10!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

rayword45

PoshSnivy wrote:

If anyone hasn't yet bought Rhythm Heaven, stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and get it! It's very cheap now anyway!
I got it recently and it, simply put, brings joy to my heart! It's s fun, addictive, quirky, cheerful and lively! A must-have DS game!

Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare: Touched, and Elite Beat Agents should run you about $25.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Mieu-Fire

@MikeDanger1 i bought dawn and loved it ima buy more digimon games now i still want agood game like pokemon and digimon felt like digimon and dragon quest monster joker feels like it so no game will ever be like pokemon

MANGO

Geonjaha

mieu-fire wrote:

@MikeDanger1 i bought dawn and loved it ima buy more digimon games now i still want agood game like pokemon and digimon felt like digimon and dragon quest monster joker feels like it so no game will ever be like pokemon

Dragon Quest Monsters > Pokemon. :3

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

SirSmugleaf

rayword45 wrote:

PoshSnivy wrote:

Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare: Touched, and Elite Beat Agents should run you about $25.

I also got Warioware: Touched at the same time as RH, but now I just need to track down a copy of Elite Beat Agents.
These, and many more, are gems that I unfortunately missed back in the day, when I was still buying Finding Nemo and Spongebob games! (c'mon, I was 9 when I got my DS!)

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

MikeDanger

zezhyrule wrote:

Everyone go buy SMT Strange Journey right now. It's the best DS game ever.

In that I agree with you. Tyrant Mara rules!!!

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

kurtasbestos

Are there any multiplayer games for DS / DSi that can be played on a single console?
Basically, my wife and I go on a lot of really long bus/train/plane adventures, and it would be totally mega sweet if we had some way to pass the time together when we pass through areas with nothing interesting to look at.
Since she's not all that big on video games, it's probably a long shot (if I could somehow trick her into liking Advance Wars and getting really good at it, then holy crap that would make vacations awesome!)... but someone might have an idea or two.

I want to make a new thread to ask this question since this one is so hard to follow, and I'll probably never remember to check it again... but I would probably get scolded and told to post in here.
So since I don't know if I'll remember to check back and/or thank anyone for suggestions, thank you in advance!

AQUIA BASE 10 BOXLIFE CUBELLO DIGIDRIVE light trax ORBIENT PiCTOBiTS precipice ROTOHEX Rotozoa ZENGAGE

Nintendo Network ID: kurtasbestos

Geonjaha

kurtasbestos wrote:

Are there any multiplayer games for DS / DSi that can be played on a single console?
Basically, my wife and I go on a lot of really long bus/train/plane adventures, and it would be totally mega sweet if we had some way to pass the time together when we pass through areas with nothing interesting to look at.
Since she's not all that big on video games, it's probably a long shot (if I could somehow trick her into liking Advance Wars and getting really good at it, then holy crap that would make vacations awesome!)... but someone might have an idea or two.

I want to make a new thread to ask this question since this one is so hard to follow, and I'll probably never remember to check it again... but I would probably get scolded and told to post in here.
So since I don't know if I'll remember to check back and/or thank anyone for suggestions, thank you in advance!

For single console play I dont know of many..
Paper Plane for DSiWare is a simple and fun one.
Warioware in general is a good option, although I've only tried Mega Microgames for the GBA - it has about 3-4 multiplayer single console games.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

KarrotMan

kurtasbestos wrote:

The only game that comes to mind is Photo Dojo. Both players use each half of the DS' buttons to move and attack(P1 uses the Dpad and L button while P2 uses the Face buttons and R button). For a fighting game, its pretty basic and band but the novelty of playing as your digitized selves should keep you interested from time to time, especially for commutes.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

New_3DaSh_XL

Onikato wrote:

kurtasbestos wrote:

The only game that comes to mind is Photo Dojo. Both players use each half of the DS' buttons to move and attack(P1 uses the Dpad and L button while P2 uses the Face buttons and R button). For a fighting game, its pretty basic and band but the novelty of playing as your digitized selves should keep you interested from time to time, especially for commutes.

If you have a DS(Has to be a DS, as it's a GBA game) Then WarioWare Mega Microgame$ has a few minigames like that.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

liavcol

If u r childish like me and don't care what ur friends say about what ur playing (and even if not) I highly reccomend on Bakugan Battle Brawlers. this is game is really great and last long cause there are so many things to collect and if ur wondering how old I m so Im 14 and I enjoyed the game.

liavcol

Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry

FOREST_RANGER

Hi everyone! As a college student, I need to get a game to waste my time while I take breaks from studying.

This video game shall replace much of my free time currently used for surfing the internet. This is especially important because I am a sucker for internet discussions: I feel I'm using too much of my brain juice for these discussions when I should be using more of it for studying. Therefore, I want to really reduce my time on the internet, and use that free time to more video games. I'm not too satisfied with what I currently have (I don't have a DS game library at all and I only have 1 Steam game to fit my requirements).

My situation is similar to when someone comes from work, drain and exhausted. So what is better to do than...I don't know, watching junk food TV? Like an exhausted worker, I don't want to think too hard.

So, here is what this game will hopefully have:

• Easy to progress: I'm afraid I might get too compulsive with challenging games.
  • Easy on your brain: brain teasing puzzles will probably get me compulsive AND thinking too hard, so something easy on the brain would be nice
  • Mildly to moderately (mentally) stimulating: maybe an interesting narrative/story and catchy music
  • Long or high replayability
  • Friendly and relaxing: this will hopefully be the answer to my stress :3

I think RPGs mainly fit the bill here: quests, grinding and progression seem to be the common elements in their mechanics. Any other genre will be fine too. Oh, and Dragon Quest IX is out of the question because I already have it. And yes, maybe there isn't the perfect game that completely fits these attributes, but I would like something that's close.

So, can somebody recommend me any DS games? They don't have to match all of the given attributes, but I'm mainly concerned with a relaxing experience, not thinking too hard, and longevity. Thank you!

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

moomoo

@FOREST_RANGER
I would recommend a Kirby game, but those don't exactly have extensive replayability.
Maybe Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga The Endless Frontier? It's a mouthful, I know, but it's a great RPG that isn't too difficult. The battles have an easy flow to them and the game isn't too hard to progress in. The combat may look crazy, but it is all based off of the use of a single button press. The boss battles are crazy long, though, but it's pretty easy to stop in the middle of one. The game took me exactly 30 hours to beat (okay, 30 hours and 1 minute, but that's a fairly long game.) Also, the game is absolutely hilarious and has one of the best translations in a game ever.
Here's a video: [youtube:Ey6EJKVMlJ4]
Yes, there are bewbs in it.
Most of the best RPGs I can think of on DS have quite a bit of challenge to them, so you may be stressed by them. Radiant Historia is great, but it requires a lot of strategy to be successful in. Same goes for most of the good SRPGs too. I guess a Mario RPG could work too. Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story are both great games.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Gamesake

@FOREST_RANGER Too bad there's no Sakura Wars or Derpa Men on the DS. You might enjoy Animal Crossing or Rune Factory.

moomoo wrote:

a Mario RPG could work too. Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story are both great games.

That sounds like a good suggestion, but I'd pass on Super Robot Taisen. The plot was weak, the dialog infantile, the characters unlikeable.

...in my pants.

moomoo

Gamesake wrote:

@FOREST_RANGER Too bad there's no Sakura Wars or Derpa Men on the DS. You might enjoy Animal Crossing or Rune Factory.

moomoo wrote:

a Mario RPG could work too. Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story are both great games.

That sounds like a good suggestion, but I'd pass on Super Robot Taisen. The plot was weak, the dialog infantile, the characters unlikeable.

I agree with you on the plot 100%, and though I guess you could call the diolouge infantile, I found it to be a nice change of pace from what other games offered. It knew what it was and just let loose with more boob jokes than I can count. The characters are one-dimenional, yes, but whether or not they're likable is debatable. I am a pretty big fan of KOS-MOS.

But yeah, Denpa Men and Ruin Factory would perfectly fit the bill here. Maybe Animal Crossing?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic