Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 782

ThePirateCaptain

How many hours do you think I can get out of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days? I'm 6 hours in and I just rescued Xion in Twilight Town, so i'd guess around twenty hours?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ZurrrrBlattTron

Hey should I get pokemon white?? Ive been thinking about getting white cause ive beat black but lost it I'm thinking bout getting platinum to fill my pokemon hunger > what do you guys think??

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

pariah164

With all the buzz/mixed reviews surrounding the 3DS Sonic game, I thought I'd come here and ask what's a good game for Sonic as far as the DS goes. I don't have any consoles besides the PS2, so let's not go there. I'm talking DS games. The only experience I have with Sonic on the DS is the Dark Brotherhood and Sonic Rush Adventure. I used to play Sonic on my friend's Game Gear, so I remember enjoying it. Thanks in advance.

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

I-U

I've beaten Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic Colors DS. Of those three, I enjoy Sonic Rush the most and would reccommend that you experience it.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

nerdydan

I highly recommend Layton last specter to all puzzle fans!

Edited on by nerdydan

Well, um... I like Burgers. Not much else to say.

pariah164

I-U wrote:

I've beaten Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic Colors DS. Of those three, I enjoy Sonic Rush the most and would reccommend that you experience it.

I thought Sonic Rush was OK. I was looking at Colors since it's uber cheap on Amazon right now.

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

Nightwalker

Would some of you be so kind, so as to name all the Star Wars DS titles, or direct me to a link with the games, and I mean all of them?
I know that most of them didn't receive very positive criticism, but I'm in a very "star-warsy" mood, and I'd like to try and order a few of them.

Edited on by Nightwalker

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

MikeDanger

I loved Devil Survivor 1 and 2. Are there any other games with the same kind of gameplay? not story just gameplay. I heard there was a Bleach game that had similar gameplay, are there others? thnx.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Nightwalker

MikeDanger1 wrote:

I loved Devil Survivor 1 and 2. Are there any other games with the same kind of gameplay? not story just gameplay. I heard there was a Bleach game that had similar gameplay, are there others? thnx.

Try and google Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. I am not sure, but I know that there are demons all over again.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

MikeDanger

I bought Retro Game Challenge yesterday looking to have a few casual games to play when i'm on the bus or waiting for my girlfriend at her appointments or in between classes at college. It delivers what it was set out to do, but it was a totally different experience than what I expected. I was expecting a retro game collection, but not only that, it also had a story involved, in-game magazines that give you strategies, cheats, etc. and in-game manuals for every game. Some tuff' challenges with each game. I'm so far in the fourth game after the "racing" game. I'm not saying it's my favorite game, but it has a game out there for everyone (or almost everyone). Highly recommended by me.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Wheels2050

After thinking (many times) that there were no more DS games I wanted, I've found a few more games I'm interested in adding to my collection. Do people have any strong recommendations against any of these?:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Children of Mana
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Custom Robo Arena
Bangai O Spirits
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Sonic Colours
Sonic Rush Adventure

Also, are there any I should grab earlier than others? (I've been keeping an eye on prices, but there don't seem to be any here that are commanding huge prices at the moment).

I sort of wish that the DS releases would stop - I'd like to know that there are no more games on the way, and just be able to concentrate on finishing up my collection!

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Tasuki

Children of Mana - If you are expecting an RPG like Secret of Mana or even Legend of Mana than skip this one. Its a dungeon crawl game. I picked up this one cause I loved Secret of Mana and found Legend ok but after playing Children of Mana for a few hours I put it down and havent picked it up since, and that was about 3 years ago. But than again if you like dungeon crawlers than it just might be your thing.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Wheels2050

Tasuki wrote:

Children of Mana - If you are expecting an RPG like Secret of Mana or even Legend of Mana than skip this one. Its a dungeon crawl game. I picked up this one cause I loved Secret of Mana and found Legend ok but after playing Children of Mana for a few hours I put it down and havent picked it up since, and that was about 3 years ago. But than again if you like dungeon crawlers than it just might be your thing.

Children of Mana is one I'm unsure about. I haven't played any previous Mana games, but the reviews I've read seem to rate it at just about above average - citing repetition as its main downfall. I don't mind a good dungeon crawler (e.g. Torchlight) but I'm not sure if reviewers mean it has the same level of repetition as other dungeon crawlers, or if it's really repetitive even when compared to other dungeon crawlers.

Can anyone comment?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Gamesake

Anyone here played Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story? How did it stack up to Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga on the GBA?

...in my pants.

Late

Gamesake wrote:

Anyone here played Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story? How did it stack up to Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga on the GBA?

I really enjoyed Superstar Saga when I played it for the first time so I bought Bowser's Inside Story. I don't like it as much but it's still a good game. It still has great sense of humor and battle system is the same. I should finish it sometime.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

RevolverLink

Gamesake wrote:

I thought they were both equally fantastic, although I might give the slightest of edges to Superstar Saga, simply because it was a "fresher" experience when it came out.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

kkslider5552000

Gamesake wrote:

I'd say it's the best of all 3 games...but entirely because of the Bowser sections (which to be fair, are half the game). The Mario and Luigi sections are not as good as the first game though. Also loses some points for the soundtrack mostly just being ok instead of awesome. But the Bowser sections rule the world and confirm that Bowser is unironically one of the best video game villians.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MikeDanger

Wheels2050 wrote:

After thinking (many times) that there were no more DS games I wanted, I've found a few more games I'm interested in adding to my collection. Do people have any strong recommendations against any of these?:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Children of Mana
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Custom Robo Arena
Bangai O Spirits
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Sonic Colours
Sonic Rush Adventure

Also, are there any I should grab earlier than others? (I've been keeping an eye on prices, but there don't seem to be any here that are commanding huge prices at the moment).

I sort of wish that the DS releases would stop - I'd like to know that there are no more games on the way, and just be able to concentrate on finishing up my collection!

Custom Robo Arena is the best one in that group in my opinion. It's like that game in the arcades that let's you be a giant robot pilot fighting another pilot in an arena.

Colors 3D:

HandheldGuru97

To every one I highly recommend Ghost Trick Phantom Detective. Awesome story, great graphics, and incredible charters. I just beat it last night with just over 12 hours clocked in according to my 3DS. It is a 10/10 in my book.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

spizzamarozzi

Ghost Trick is nowhere near 12 hours — maybe 8 at maximum. Still one of the best games on the system and one of the best games ever written . The ending made me cry. Everybody buy it.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic