Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 782

Wheels2050

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Custom Robo Arena is the best one in that group in my opinion. It's like that game in the arcades that let's you be a giant robot pilot fighting another pilot in an arena.

Hmm, thanks for the tip - after looking into it, I'm actually really keen to pick it up ASAP. Looks great!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

MikeDanger

no prob man hope you love it.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

SamuraiShyGuy

Does anyone here recommend Plants vs. Zombies for the DS? It's on sale at Target this week for only $9.99. I thought I might get it since it's gotten good reviews.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Birdman

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Does anyone here recommend Plants vs. Zombies for the DS? It's on sale at Target this week for only $9.99. I thought I might get it since it's gotten good reviews.

I'd get it. I probably sunk 50-60 hours into my copy. While it may not look as nice as other versions, $10 is still a good value for the game.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

SamuraiShyGuy

Wow. 50-60 hours is some amazing value. And for only ten bucks, I'll probably get it.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Nightwalker

Wheels2050 wrote:

After thinking (many times) that there were no more DS games I wanted, I've found a few more games I'm interested in adding to my collection. Do people have any strong recommendations against any of these?:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Also, are there any I should grab earlier than others? (I've been keeping an eye on prices, but there don't seem to be any here that are commanding huge prices at the moment).

I sort of wish that the DS releases would stop - I'd like to know that there are no more games on the way, and just be able to concentrate on finishing up my collection!

Buy these 3 wonderful games, and you're stacked up for the next several months (assuming you'll be wanting to concentrate on 100% completion of every game)..

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

Birdman

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Wow. 50-60 hours is some amazing value. And for only ten bucks, I'll probably get it.

Depends on how you measure it (the hour count). Personally, I tend to be obsessed by PopCap games when I get a new one, and I also should add that I had a resurgence of interest with this title after the 3DS's launch (I got it a week after it came out). Still, you should get 20 hours minimum out of it, and that's not a bad number at all for $10.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

SamuraiShyGuy

Birdman13 wrote:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Depends on how you measure it (the hour count). Personally, I tend to be obsessed by PopCap games when I get a new one, and I also should add that I had a resurgence of interest with this title after the 3DS's launch (I got it a week after it came out). Still, you should get 20 hours minimum out of it, and that's not a bad number at all for $10.

I bought it and I'm loving it. It's insanely addictive and a lot of fun. Thanks for giving me the nudge to buy it.

CanisWolfred

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Custom Robo Arena is the best one in that group in my opinion. It's like that game in the arcades that let's you be a giant robot pilot fighting another pilot in an arena.

Virtual-On? I thought I was the only one who played that. Very hard to control, that game was, but it was great once you got the hang of it.

Wheels2050 wrote:

Can anyone comment?

They're only talking about how repetitive it is compared to non-dungeon crawlers. With that said, if you want a good dungeon crawler, I'd recommend Lunar Knights over it if you don't have it already. If you do have it, then...play Lunar Knights again, there's a secret ending and an extra dungeon on the second time through anyways.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Digiki

Of the previous list I'd give the highest nod to Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Excellent strategy game, interesting story and loads of content.
(Advance Wars: Dual Strike is better though, despite a less awesome campaign)

Custom Robo Arena is a cool game, I'd give it a weak recommendation. It feels good the whole way through, but never really captures great.

e-love

I would recommend Rhythm Heaven, its the most unique and fun game I played on the DS. I love it like crazy! Not many people got it when it came out, so its not too well known

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

liavcol

I want a cool DS game with a story,
recommendations please?
THANKS

liavcol

Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry

Prof_Clayton

@liavcol
*Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
*Solatorobo Red the Hunter
*Professor Layton (any in the series)
*Pheonix Wright (any in the series)
These are my top picks.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

RevolverLink

@liavcol I would suggest any of the following:

Radiant Historia
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (they're all great, but you'll get the most out of the series if you play them in order)
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Okamiden
Hotel Dusk: Room 215

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

MikeDanger

liavcol wrote:

I want a cool DS game with a story,
recommendations please?

Easy...
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1 & 2
Radiant Historia
Solatorobo
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Strange Journey being the game that made me fall in love with the DS.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

liavcol

Thank you all but I think I'll try Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days because I saw it and it looks great.

And my recommendations:
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Kirby Squeak Squad
-Prince of Persia the Fallen King
-Kirby Mass Attack
-Away Shuffle Dungeon

liavcol

CanisWolfred

@liavcol

Unfortunately, you're going to be pretty confused in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days if you haven't played Kingdom Hearts 2 and Chain of Memories yet. Out of all the ones mentioned so far, that's the one I recommend the least. Ghost Trick may be your best bet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheels2050

Has anyone played Super Robot Taisen L? I'm thinking about grabbing it, but I don't understand Japanese. Would it still be playable?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

liavcol

I searched to buy one of the recommended games you gave me but then I saw on VGP.ca the game Castlevania Portrait of Ruins in 19.99 instead of 49.99 so I bought that one already... Hope it'll come fast!

liavcol

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic