Forums

Topic: amiibo Collection

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,242

Ryno

Yeah, the plastic is way to big for the figure. Besides I got to much video game stuff in my house to be wasting space with the silly packaging for all the amiibos I want.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

bezerker99

@TeeJay - No way can I open the packaging of my rarest amiibo! That's my retirement plan someday in those packages.

Also, I just left my local BestBuy and they had two Sonic's there. I bet you can find some somewhere if you keep lookin', bro~

LaserdiscGal

If I've learned anything from Beanie Babies, Amiibos will be worthless in 10 years.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

TeeJay

bezerker99 wrote:

@TeeJay - No way can I open the packaging of my rarest amiibo! That's my retirement plan someday in those packages.

Also, I just left my local BestBuy and they had two Sonic's there. I bet you can find some somewhere if you keep lookin', bro~

There's a Best Buy in the plaza I'm in right now, I guess I can give it a look. Doubt anything will come up though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ryno

Amiibo wrote:

If I've learned anything from Beanie Babies, Amiibos will be worthless in 10 years.

Yeah, especially with probably around half of all the amiibos still sealed because so many collectors are keeping them that way right now. Eventually people are going to be like why do I have 49+ figures packaged in a plastic box just collecting dust and taking up so much space?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Grumblevolcano

Amiibo wrote:

I agree for the most part. Gold Mario will be the exception where you'll see it appear on one of those antiques shows and it'll end up bringing back bad memories of the dark days of 2015

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

TeeJay wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@Ryno no way. And get dust on them? LOL In fact, I put some of my amiibo that I opened back in their box and STAPLED the box.
http://i.imgur.com/7hxZGGL.jpg
LOLOL

I like, just posted that picture. On this very page.

Also it's called dusting. Personally I find the boxes cumbersome and clunky-looking.

I could argue there's also the dust-in-hard-places-to-reach, but I don't think the amiibo have many of those, do they?
Still, them being in the box is a very protective means of preventing dust from gathering. Besides, I only use 4 amiibo out of the 10 I currently have, so it's really no big deal. My brothers and I MIGHT open the boxes sooner or later but right now, 6 of my amiibos are staying right in their box.
And the image? Well, it wont put more stress on anyone's internet, will it?

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ultraraichu

Amiibo wrote:

Wish I knew that 16 years ago. I still have a toy box full of them from when I collected them as a kid. Then again I played with most of them and only a small amount were the "official" Ty, the rest I remember buying from 99 cents stores and McDonald's.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Lalivero

bezerker99 wrote:

I'm still looking for Mega Man. He's nowhere to be found.

Untitled

That's why I was considering what I did. He was one of the few I was particularly interested in a ways back but the stock stuff made me kinda apathetic towards amiibo as a whole.

I was just at GameStop a minute ago because my brother wanted to go there to check for some PS4 game and I saw him playing the Smash Bros Wii U demo they had and went over and noticed there were 2 mega man amiibo in stock. I thought about it a sec and then this guy comes in and asks for one of them(and a couple other different) for his son and I was like ah, wth, and snagged the last one of him up.

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

Captain-N

Amiibo wrote:

I think it is indeed possible. They will, perhaps, still have value for their in-game effects, provided the nfc chips inside still properly function years from now. Edit: Then again, their functionality may eventually be emulated, by Nintendo, for use on future consoles.

I'm ok opening up an Amiibo, as well as keeping 1, or 2 sealed. If I had to say the top 4, or 5 I am interested in, tops would be most interested in to the less-interested in. They would be Luigi, Mega Man, Rosalina, & Lucina. Next would be Little Mac, Mario, Zelda, & Sheik. For the unreleased, ZS Samus, & Duck Hunt. Those are pretty much it, w/ the first four being the ones I'd like to get the most.

The point of these is to enjoy them, even if you don't use their in-game functionality. These are also the current "it". When, years down the road, Amiibo are no longer a current/hot/highly-desired kids toy, & not the current gen tech, then I'm ok selling them on e-Bay higher than a set amount.

Edited on by Captain-N

Captain-N

SubBronze

In the order I go them:

• Link
  • Captain Falcon
  • Marth
  • Lucario
  • Ike
  • Luigi

I plan to get King Dedede, Ness, Lucina and Bowser Jr. I most likely will get Robin as well just to complete the Fire Emblem series. I do wish there was a female version of Robin though.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Ryno

@bezerker99: i have an extra mega and will sell it you cost + tax + shipping. Same with @teejay for sonic.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Grumblevolcano

Bulbousaur wrote:

In the order I go them:

• Link
  • Captain Falcon
  • Marth
  • Lucario
  • Ike
  • Luigi

I plan to get King Dedede, Ness, Lucina and Bowser Jr. I most likely will get Robin as well just to complete the Fire Emblem series. I do wish there was a female version of Robin though.

That's one thing I've been thinking about, I wonder if Nintendo will be making alt characters (Alph, the Koopalings, male Wii Fit Trainer, female Robin) that are skins into amiibo, if so they could maybe devote a whole wave to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings!

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

martinskrtel37

Amiibo wrote:

......what the **** are beanie babies? what do they have to do with nintendo? or electronics? or figurines? whatever you learned from "beanie babies" it's irrelevant here..

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

HollywoodHogan

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Amiibo wrote:

......what the **** are beanie babies? what do they have to do with nintendo? or electronics? or figurines? whatever you learned from "beanie babies" it's irrelevant here..

They were another fad that people bought into because they felt they would be valuable in the future, but then eventually people got bored and nobody wants them anymore. I think the person who created eBay actually did so to facilitate their beanie baby collecting. You must have lived under a rock in the mid-90's because these things were huge.

I remember buying my girlfriend one in like 1993 or something and it turned out it was like one of the first ones ever released. Years later when we were in high school I tried to get it back from her to sell it but wanted to keep it haha

Edited on by HollywoodHogan

Friend to all SJW's

Chaoz

I got my first amiibo today, Samus, who I named Samdisk because I'm super original. Already level 50 in SSB4 and she can kick my butt hard.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

epicmatt12302

I have 3 amiibo:
A Kirby, nicknamed Bruce, that I got with the launch of SSB4 (LVL 50)
A Pikachu, nicknamed Spark, who I got for my Birthday (LVL 50)
A Shulk, nicknamed Luke, that I bought a few days ago (LVL 27)

Edited on by epicmatt12302

epicmatt12302

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3746-2563 | Nintendo Network ID: epicmatt12302

Inkling

Pre-ordered Mario, Luigi, Toad and Yoshi from the Mario Collection, to use with MP10.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic