Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,777

Grumblevolcano

GrizzlyArctos wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Well, now Argos have informed me that due to a stock issue I won't be getting Shulk and Meta Knight.

So If any of you have ordered new Amiibos from Argos, you might not be getting any.

I've just been informed that my order of Meta Knight and King Dedede has been cancelled.

Looking at these cancellations, I think Argos assumed all of wave 3 came out on the same day. So I guess cancellations of Meta Knight, King Dedede, Shulk, Megaman and Sonic are to be expected.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

baba_944

I don't think anyone has notice this, but for Mario's "amiibo" page they referenced "Dance Dane Revolution: Mario Mix". I thought that was pretty cool.

Who are you?

whodatninja

Rosalina can be yours for only £44+ on Amazon! So glad I pre-ordered mine, which arrived safely today... This amiibo business is a scalpers wet dream!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

SheldonRandoms

If somebody wrote fake stories about me, I would be like "LOL, you write some nice stuff, keep up the good work!"

Also for this topic, I can't wait for the Jigglypuff amiibo, since I main her in SM4SH 4 and ham quite skilled as her, maybe I can buy over 100 of them, and build an army >: 3 Get Jiggly with it, or get SMASHED!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

shaneoh

Mario_TehPlumber wrote:

Shanes story is the worst and hes just encouraging others to do the same thing hes dumb.

Actually I can speak, and when I know exactly what I want to say I can be quite eloquent.

Also I wonder if they are going to release the Amiibo cards they're thinking about making

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

DefHalan

shaneoh wrote:

Also I wonder if they are going to release the Amiibo cards they're thinking about making

I would be more interested in collecting those than these figures. I have no space for these figures but hundreds of cards can fit in a single 3 ring binder easily.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shaneoh

DefHalan wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

I would be more interested in collecting those than these figures. I have no space for these figures but hundreds of cards can fit in a single 3 ring binder easily.

I'm just not sure I want to take my collection out of their boxes

GrizzlyArctos

Mario_TehPlumber wrote:

I am part of the gaming community and deserve to share the success in making money off amiibos without being mocked. It makes no sense for this all to be happening unless people are jealous.

I got my Rosie without paying above normal price, so I'm not jealous.

Yes, I like bears.

skywake

Can we just not? The best thing to do with attention whores is to not respond. Dude had a whole other thread like this, fun has been had, we made our disdain for the practice and the reasons behind it clear. Nothing more needs to be said.

Back to sanity, third wave of Amiibo is hitting Australia this thurday. Kinda worried about the state of things:
http://www.vooks.net/bargain-roundup-third-wave-amiibo-incomi...

Big W
Wave 3 figures from $15, all other figures $15 from 29/1/15

EB Games
Completely pre-sold out, may have small selection of figures available on the day. (but we doubt it)

Gamesmen
Nope

JB Hi-Fi
If you missed pre-ordering them before you might find some on the day.

Target
All amiibo figures are $17, no word yet on specials or availability.

I kinda want to get Bowser, King Dedede, Megaman and I would also be grabbing a Rosalina for someone else. Didn't pre-order and am not sure of my chances. Wish me luck!

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shaneoh

skywake wrote:

I kinda want to get Bowser, King Dedede, Megaman and I would also be grabbing a Rosalina for someone else. Didn't pre-order and am not sure of my chances. Wish me luck!

Yeah I preordered to avoid the situation

skywake

shaneoh wrote:

skywake wrote:

TBH I kinda like the scramble and am not particularly fussed if I come up empty. Also I hope that King Dedede isn't that sought after because he's by far the one I most want to find. If I get either him or Bowser I'm happy.

FriedSquid

I also pre-ordered those three, and Sonic, from WalMart. Some of them got delayed at different times which kind of annoys me, but at least the shipping is free!

Anyway I still have the orders in place but I'm thinking I'll take a visit to Toys R Us this Friday, when the new wave hits them, as they're having a 4 for $44 deal. That's exactly how many I really want of the new wave, so if I can get there before things sell out I could save myself some money and time waiting (plus I prefer to check the figures in-store for any errors) Then I'd just cancel the WalMart pre-orders, which would make me wait until the end of February.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

shaneoh

skywake wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

skywake wrote:

TBH I kinda like the scramble and am not particularly fussed if I come up empty. Also I hope that King Dedede isn't that sought after because he's by far the one I most want to find. If I get either him or Bowser I'm happy.

Yeah I know what you mean, however if it is a very limited item like Amiibo, then I will preorder to ensure I get my claws on it.

Pootypie

Oh I forgot about cards lol, if they are nice and cheap enough I guess I will buy them for the rest of my (many) mains. I think I should get the amiibos for the characters I know I won't stop using, so that means Charizard, Ike, R.O.B., and maybe Bowser... not sure. I should pre-order Charizard and get Ike before they sell out.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

skywake

TBH if I could pick just two more Amiibos to get I'd get R.O.B. and King Dedede. Purely because even though I want to get good at all of the characters those are the two I've found myself gravitating towards in Smash.

theblackdragon

Mario_TehPlumber wrote:

I am part of the gaming community and deserve to share the success in making money off amiibos without being mocked. It makes no sense for this all to be happening unless people are jealous.

No, at this point you're just stirring the pot. When you've got something constructive to dhare with the community other than 'ha ha I own all the amiibo figures in the world and you can't get mad about it', let us know.

Everyone else, please continue your conversation as it had been before. Thank you!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shaneoh

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Oh I forgot about cards lol, if they are nice and cheap enough I guess I will buy them for the rest of my (many) mains. I think I should get the amiibos for the characters I know I won't stop using, so that means Charizard, Ike, R.O.B., and maybe Bowser... not sure. I should pre-order Charizard and get Ike before they sell out.

I'll be honest, I don't know much about nfc, how thick would the cards have to be? Is the tech along the lines of the bank cards where you wave them in front of the machine and it automatically deducts the cash from your account?

Personally I would like something maybe a bit slimmer than a GB cart, so it still makes a nice clatter when it's put down.

skywake

shaneoh wrote:

I'll be honest, I don't know much about nfc, how thick would the cards have to be? Is the tech along the lines of the bank cards where you wave them in front of the machine and it automatically deducts the cash from your account?

Personally I would like something maybe a bit slimmer than a GB cart, so it still makes a nice clatter when it's put down.

Yeah, it is that same thing. It's the same tech used in a lot of bus passes and other such things
eg this is a randomly googled image of the one I have for public transport:
Untitled
and it's also in a lot of security cards, student cards etc. You probably have one on you if it's a card that you just wave over a reader. Literally the same tech. But you can put them in anything as long as it's big enough to hold the tag. The actual tags themselves are about this big....
Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic