Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,777

GrizzlyArctos

So after cancelling my Amiibo preorder, Argos emailed me to take a customer service survey. I know that it's an automated message, but it's good of them to remind me of it.

Yes, I like bears.

skywake

Someone posted an unboxed shipment of Wave 3 Amiibos and posted a photo online (Australian ones, I assume elsewhere is similar). Which is interesting purely because it gives an idea of how many of each there are. From what I can tell there are:
6: MegaMan, Sonic, Toon Link, Bowser, Rosalina
2: Lucario, Sheik, Ike, Shulk, King Dedede, Meta Knight

My guess? Rosalina will be the easiest out of this lot to get a hold of (which is hilarious) and Shulk will be the hardest because I suspect people are making the assumption that he's the rarest.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

EnyoTheFirst

GrizzlyArctos wrote:

Mario_TehPlumber wrote:

I am part of the gaming community and deserve to share the success in making money off amiibos without being mocked. It makes no sense for this all to be happening unless people are jealous.

I got my Rosie without paying above normal price, so I'm not jealous.

He's just grumpy because Target stores overall seem to have gotten a lot of stock. So he wasted his money. c:

3DS Friend Code: 4527 7516 5533

Punished_Boss_84

Amiibos has sold over 5.7m Worldwide, much quicker than Wii U strangely.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Pootypie

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Amiibos has sold over 5.7m Worldwide, much quicker than Wii U strangely.

Not really... there's scalpers and there's people who bought the whole collection... there's a lot that bought multiple amiibos to their likings. Nobody would buy two wii u just for the heck of it would they?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

I found Bowser at Gamestop today. Insta-bought it. He looks so cool in amiibo form!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Captain05crunch

Of the people finding wave 3 amiibo in stores already, are any of you in America? I'm wondering if it's worth my time checking Target for Rosie.

Captain05crunch

EnyoTheFirst

Captain05crunch wrote:

Of the people finding wave 3 amiibo in stores already, are any of you in America? I'm wondering if it's worth my time checking Target for Rosie.

I went t Target for the same reason the other day, but I was told they couldn't sell until the streetdate.

3DS Friend Code: 4527 7516 5533

TeeJay

Captain05crunch wrote:

I live in America. I checked a Target and it was just the same old crap.

Are Rosalinas even going to appear on shelves? Or arenthey just going to have an invisible launch and give them out to everyone who was lucky enough to preorder her in the 5 minute span she was available?

If you can't already tell I'm feeling pessimistic about thw average Joe's chances at getting Rosalina

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Knux

Just letting everyone know that the Super Mario amiibos are now available to pre-order on Amazon. Already pre-ordered Toad.

Knux

faint

Knux wrote:

Just letting everyone know that the Super Mario amiibos are now available to pre-order on Amazon. Already pre-ordered Toad.

beat me to it. I also jumped on the toad train.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

TeeJay

I nver cared much for Toad. The bulbous head and weird diaper make for a bad design to me.

On the subject of the Bowser amiibo, in my hand he feels quite hefty. I'd say he's about double the weight of, say, the Pikachu or Link amiibo. I wonder if Nintendo makes less money off of him since he requires so much more plastic?

skywake

So I went down to the shops fairly early to see if I could grab any. They had barely any in stock, I arrived just as the Amiibos in but there had been a few people before me that had put their names down. Ended up getting one of the last Megamans and Bowsers, there were quite a few Rosalinas left so I also got one of those and I wanted King Dedede but there was absolutely zero chance of that. From what I can tell:

Easiest of the bunch: Sonic
Average: MegaMan, Toon Link, Bowser, Rosalina
Fairly hard: Lucario, Meta Knight, Sheik
Basically give up: Ike, Shulk, King Dedede

Edited on by skywake

TeeJay

Seems like to even have a chance at getting Fire Emblem characters you need to preorder and even then it's not guaranteed...Nintendo needs to wake up.

Also Sonic? Easy? Really? I went to a whole lot of stores today and saw no Sonic. Only wave 3 was Bowser and that was only in 2 stores.

Edited on by TeeJay

skywake

TeeJay wrote:

Also Sonic? Easy? Really? I went to a whole lot of stores today and saw no Sonic. Only wave 3 was Bowser and that was only in 2 stores.

I would guess that supply/demand varies region to region and our small sample sizes don't help things. I went to a few stores and only one had any at all. When I picked up my Amiibo they had plenty of Sonic, Bowser, Rosalina and a few MegaMan, Toon Link Lucario, Meta Knight and Sheik. I walked through there again out of curiosity maybe 15mins after and they had 1 Rosalina, 1 Boswer and three Sonics.

Edited on by skywake

TeeJay

skywake wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I would guess that supply/demand varies region to region and our small sample sizes don't help things. I went to a few stores and only one had any at all. When I picked up my Amiibo they had plenty of Sonic, Bowser, Rosalina and a few MegaMan, Toon Link Lucario, Meta Knight and Sheik. I walked through there again out of curiosity maybe 15mins after and they had 1 Rosalina, 1 Boswer and three Sonics.

Jesus....how am I ever going to get the amiibo I want if I don't preorder??

faint

TeeJay wrote:

skywake wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

i suppose you should peorder then. i preordered the ones i wanted (ike,shulk,toon link,shiek,megaman) the first week of December. i just ordered toad about an hour ago.

[email protected]

shaneoh

Just got a message saying I can pick my lot up today, and they put it all in one text message as opposed to one message per item (got 13 messages when smash came out, 12 for amiibo, one for game, all in the space of 1 minute).

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

TeeJay

faint wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

skywake wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

i suppose you should peorder then. i preordered the ones i wanted (ike,shulk,toon link,shiek,megaman) the first week of December. i just ordered toad about an hour ago.

I preordered Shulk and got email confirmation of that, but even though I ordered Toon Link and Megaman from two different Best Buys I don't recall ever getting email confirmations. Which worries me

faint

TeeJay wrote:

faint wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

skywake wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

they haven't been released in America yet. Mine haven't been sent but my orders are still in place with release dates for February.

I preordered Shulk and got email confirmation of that, but even though I ordered Toon Link and Megaman from two different Best Buys I don't recall ever getting email confirmations. Which worries me

[email protected]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic