Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,777

jariw

SkywardLink98 wrote:

So do Amiibos learn and level up in all games, or is that just something Smash is doing with them? I really like the concept of a CPU that learns from you, and that could entice me to buy a few more.

That's something that Smash does. How the Amiibo will behave in each game is independent to the game, but Nintendo/Reggie has hinted that it will not be used for unlocking but for something "fun". It's still unknown what the other games will do with the Amiibos.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm liking the fact that the amiibo aren't gated DLC however I feel that some people used to the skylanders model are going to write them off because of this.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

LucinaSmash wrote:

I feel sorry for those who want to try 8-Player Smash and the only option is to buy 7 amiibos. This is a total win for Nintendo

I would think that they would allow you to pick the cpu just like normal smash. Although I'm going to use 8 player smash to level my amiibo up faster (buying all of them anyway)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Inkling

I wonder how they'll work in MK8. If they work like they do in Smash, that'll be a missed opportunity

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Inkling

NintyMan wrote:

I've heard that recent advertisements in the UK have been showing amiibos with those support pillars that were in the Australian convention. Videos with amiibos have been saying in fine print that the designs of the amiibos may vary, and yet we've consistently seen them without those colored things. This is pretty confusing and I would like someone to look into it.

I saw them at a convention and they had those pillars, but I think they were clear instead of coloured

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

TOMBOY25

They are confirmed to have the coloured support poles.

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

Emblem

LucinaSmash wrote:

I feel sorry for those who want to try 8-Player Smash and the only option is to buy 7 amiibos. This is a total win for Nintendo

Not sure if your familiar with Smash but you can set opponents to CPU.

Emblem

LucinaSmash

Emblem wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

Not sure if your familiar with Smash but you can set opponents to CPU.

That's another why, However, I bet amiibos will be more fun to battle against/team up than CPU with feeding equipment and learning your play styles

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

TOMBOY25

NintyMan wrote:

@TOMBOY25: I'm going to need some definitive proof, because so many official videos and images have shown them without them.

IGN confirmed it they had a hands on with them the poles are there to (obviously) support the figures with unique poses.

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

Drawdler

I just wish all the poles were clear. The yellow pillar under Link looks bad. Although large clear blocks would still stand out, it'd be forgiveable if it was needed for support and it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Don't know if it was posted here before, but Australian release date for wave 1 is confirmed November 29, wave 2 on December 12. Thank goodness it isn't like Skylanders where Wave 2 is coming out two months after the game and it's more like Infinity, where the release date isn't far off from other regions...

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

theWAITisOVER

Metroi wrote:

What Games have been announced to use amiibo and will the current 3ds support it ?

Wii U:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party 10
Yoshi's Woolly World
Hyrule Warriors (Link amiibo only)

Nintendo 3DS:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

i hope that Super Mario 3d World will support in the future

Edited on by theWAITisOVER

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Jmaster

Metroi wrote:

What Games have been announced to use amiibo and will the current 3ds support it ?

Current 3DS dupports it through an accessory:
Untitled

I hope the final thing'll be thinner to fit in my carrying case...

Jmaster

jariw

Just watched the GameXplain analysis of the SSB Nintendo Direct.

Based on the ND footage, Ness, Ike and Charizard are guessed to be part of the 3rd wave of Amiibos.

jariw

derek_combatir

so a lot of people in other forums are getting really mad because apparently the amiibo quality is far worse than the originally showcased.... and apparently the hate the pillars...

derek_combatir

Jmaster

derek_combatir wrote:

so a lot of people in other forums are getting really mad because apparently the amiibo quality is far worse than the originally showcased.... and apparently the hate the pillars...

Well how can you not hate the pillars? If they were able to support them using a millimeters thin clear stick at E3, then why do we need this gigantic blocks all of a sudden? And who the hell thought it was a good idea to give them a color? They're supposed to be as invisible as possible!
I'm less sure about the quality of the figures themselves, though. They've all had some changes since E3, but I'm not sure whether they've actually become less detailed or just changed. There is a big difference in quality between some amiibo, however. Just compare Zelda with the Capp'n, the difference is night and day!

Jmaster

Drawdler

Mild NSFW (has the Peach upskirt), but the figure quality does seem to be worse. You can definitely tell they changed these in some way because Peach's dress patterns are no longer part of rhe mould and are just printed on. Paint has also changed to something more glittery.

I certainly wouldn't say they look bad now, but I'm not surprised that these are less detailed. Wasn't expecting them to be the same quality of those at E3. I'm not even expecting all of them to be the quality of the Peach in that shot.

They probably decided to add pillars to the final version because kids are going to be handling them and they have to get shipped out and are going to be bumped around. Still hate the coloured pillars anyway, plus WFT's pillar really sticks out and seems unnessicary.

Drawdler

By the way, new line of amiibo confirmed; there will be a Petch amiibo to go with this and a special Lank variant

Untitled

Edited on by Drawdler

jariw

For me, the "quality" of an Amiibo is how many games it supports, what it does in the game, how well it retains the data, etc. Couldn't care less about the plastics.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic