Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,777

Jmaster

@Drawdler Interesting, I hadn't seen that picture yet. They (or at least Peach) do seem to look worse, but still not bad for €15. And the pillars were indeed probably added for better support, but that still doesn't ecplain their color! But maybe you can take them off if you aren't going to be a 5 year old with it.

Jmaster

Inkling

Undead_terror wrote:

these guys predicted pretty much Amiibo's a while back haha, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-KfkoQ0MqA got bad language.

Well they made it after Nintendo announced amiibo as the NFP

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

LucinaSmash

theory: Mewtwo as a first DLC character is not just base on popular demand from Melee fans. It might be because Mewtwo will make an appearance in other games with amiibo support, maybe in Pokkén Tournament.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

MrWalkieTalkie

I'm a little bothered by the stands, especially on Wii Fit Trainers foot, but I like the Donkey Kong one, makes it look like he's sitting and like flexing for people. XD

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Grumblevolcano

@LucinaSmash Not really, the usage in games is the main thing for me of which the fact Link is usable in Hyrule Warriors is very promising.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Justlink

I'm definitely getting Link day 1 so I can use it on hyrule warriors

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

ReBirFh

I just wish the "stands" were clear instead of colored I understand why it got thicker and it makes sense but there is no reason to color them.

ReBirFh

ScreamoPichu

The quality of them now kind of does hinder my hype for them. When they were announced, I was excited solely from a collectors point-of-view. All the functions that were known sounded pretty lame. (Which has changed now, their usage in Smash sounds pretty cool to me, now) But they looked AMAZING at E3 and the real product looks... meh. It feels really aimed at kids now. (Which I get is the point, but again, I was hyped from a collector point-of-view...)

I may just get the Link one day one, now. Since it'll have the most use day one. (MK8 (presumptively), Hyrule Warriors, and Smash.)

Reiterating again, my hype has gone down from a collectors POV. If their usage is cool, I'll get them, but my "gotta-collect-them-all" mindset has kind of flown out the window. (Although I'll probably cave and end up getting a lot of them... just not sure about all of them now. Just my must-haves.)

ScreamoPichu

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0025-6788 | Nintendo Network ID: ScreamoPichu | Twitter:

TeeJay

When does the first wave of Amiibos launch in the US?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

R_Champ

TeeJay wrote:

When does the first wave of Amiibos launch in the US?

Everything I've seen says November 21: the same day Smash Bros Wii U releases.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

kereke12

LucinaSmash wrote:

Untitled
left is E3 prototype, right is what you'll get. Does this hinder your interest?

Looks like a McDonald's Happy Meal toy

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

ReBirFh

kereke12 wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

Untitled
left is E3 prototype, right is what you'll get. Does this hinder your interest?

Looks like a McDonald's Happy Meal toy

Studio photos makes things looks much better than they really are. Besides, the pictures weren't taken from the same angle, the only major difference I can notice is the support/stand being yellow (really ugly) and thicker but the last one is a necessity, otherwise, the first time someone dropped it they would have a broken figure.

ReBirFh

iphys

Well, I won't be getting Link that's for sure. I don't understand why they had to put the support in front of him instead of behind, and it looks like he's looking downwards even more so than before because of it. If the supports were going to look this bad, they should have just had all the characters firmly standing on the ground. The giant boot support on the Wii Fit trainer looks even sillier. If I get an amiibo from the first batch, it will probably be Donkey Kong.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad wrote:

From Miiverse user WiiUStats he says.
Analysts predict that in conjunction with Super Smash Bros. for WiiU, Amiibo will quadruple WiiU sales worldwide and increase Nintendo™ market enterprise by 300%,causing a boom in Nintendo recognition and brand domination.

Heh, of course it's only a prediction but Hot dog.

Yeah about that analysts rumor thing, WiiUStats commented back saying this,
"There are a number of sources I use that help me determine whether or not it is accurate. They include rumors, insider information, Neogaf, intuition based on other released data, and most importantly gathered information from this website I can't name that has been 95% accurate most of the time. Of course, the YouTube views you can find yourself. And also, I rarely make these rumored sales posts."
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAADMUKmHH7dD0A

"so just take this with a grain of salt . "
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlspK9ZvQ

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

shingi_70

Its a shame how the final figures look, when the skylanders and Disney infinity figures still look really good in their mass production form.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Drawdler

^ Aside from horrible paintwork on the majority of Skylanders figures. (Seriously, I've seen a lot of poorly-painted Skylanders in the the latest set alone, so I hope the amiibo aren't the same.)

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic