Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,777

Yoshi

I'm fairly certain that that post is just a joke....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

DefHalan

So Hyrule Warriors may be compatible with the Link figure. When do you think the first game that will be compatible with all figures will come out?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NinjaWaddleDee

DefHalan wrote:

So Hyrule Warriors may be compatible with the Link figure. When do you think the first game that will be compatible with all figures will come out?

You know what kind of makes me mad about that? What is the bonus of buying odd characters who most likely won't have a game to play in except Smash Bros.? Why the heck would I even buy Pit, C.Falcon, Duck Hunt, or any other unpopular character (with casuals) if they only work with smash?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

DefHalan

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

You know what kind of makes me mad about that? What is the bonus of buying odd characters who most likely won't have a game to play in except Smash Bros.? Why the heck would I even buy Pit, C.Falcon, Duck Hunt, or any other unpopular character (with casuals) if they only work with smash?

Exactly, which is why I think they need to make a game (or series) that is compatible with all figures. It would be really cool if it was my MOBA idea, but probably won't be.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

That was Iwata's forecast.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

You do realize they're probably gonna put them in different games right? I mean, if Sonic, Isabelle and Samus can be in Monster Hunter, there's really no reason to be surprised when Captain Falcon is in, for example, Mario Party 10.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

retropunky

I enjoyed the Subspace Emissary in Brawl. Yes, it was repetitive and bland at some points, but story wise, a Nintendo Universe that was under threat or something like that would be an interesting concept to expand to use Amiibo. Just like what they plan to do with Smash, you could upgrade your moves, customize your look, etc.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

LucinaSmash

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is the only first party Wii U retail game release this year that doesn't support amiibo, not counting Wii Sports Club and NES Remix Pack since they were released as eShop titles first. This indicate that both Nintendo and Retro Studios want to forget the game's existence. It's too early to tell if Bayonetta 2 will have amiibo support, maybe a Pikachu amiibo will unlock a Pikachu onesie costume.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Inkling

TOTALLY REAL SALES

800000x SALES IN 2014 BECAUSE OF NES REMIX!!!1!!1!!1

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Kyloctopus

I think the figure I'm looking the most forward to is Yoshi
Reasons being, he's always been a close favorite fighter of mine and it'll probably get me some sweet bonuses in Yoshi's Wooly World
It's also a pretty good figure for Yoshi
Untitled

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Octane

LucinaSmash wrote:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is the only first party Wii U retail game release this year that doesn't support amiibo, not counting Wii Sports Club and NES Remix Pack since they were released as eShop titles first. This indicate that both Nintendo and Retro Studios want to forget the game's existence.

I guess, going by that logic, Nintendo wants to forget all of its history...

Octane

jariw

LucinaSmash wrote:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is the only first party Wii U retail game release this year that doesn't support amiibo, not counting Wii Sports Club and NES Remix Pack since they were released as eShop titles first. This indicate that both Nintendo and Retro Studios want to forget the game's existence. It's too early to tell if Bayonetta 2 will have amiibo support, maybe a Pikachu amiibo will unlock a Pikachu onesie costume.

And you must be able to play as Link in Tropical Freeze, otherwise it's further proof of them wanting to forget about the game's existence? After all, MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, SSB support playing as Link.

jariw

CaviarMeths

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Because people like to buy Nintendo merchandise.

Different franchise, but somewhat relevant: http://www.statisticbrain.com/star-wars-total-franchise-revenue/

44% of all Star Wars revenue comes from toys. These toys don't interact with the movies or games in any way. They're just toys.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jump

LucinaSmash wrote:

I take it you're joking but just in case Tropical Freeze was orginally due last year (& allegedly got delayed to help with the barren 2014 releases) so it was very late in developent to add Amiibo features especially when they aren't due in such a long time. The same logic could be applied to Super Mario 3D World which had a closer release date to it than Smash or Mario Kart.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LucinaSmash

I feel sorry for those who want to try 8-Player Smash and the only option is to buy 7 amiibos. This is a total win for Nintendo

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

MsJubilee

I'm still waiting for my Ike Amiibo, he's going to look so badass!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Retro_on_theGo

jariw wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

And you must be able to play as Link in Tropical Freeze, otherwise it's further proof of them wanting to forget about the game's existence? After all, MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, SSB support playing as Link.

Because a Duck Hunt figure would be effing awesome to display!

PugHoofGaming

I just pre-ordered the Mario, Samus, Link and Little Mac Amiibos. I have a feeling that I'll be picking up a lot more before the end of the year.

Founder & Video Producer, Pug Hoof Gaming - https://www.youtube.com/PugHoofGaming

Nintendo Network ID: WhiteSpyderZero | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

So do Amiibos learn and level up in all games, or is that just something Smash is doing with them? I really like the concept of a CPU that learns from you, and that could entice me to buy a few more.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic