3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 661 to 680 of 998

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

661. Posted:

I'm really disapponted we didn't get a puzzle panel for this game. Hoping we still get one at some point. Maybe when Japan gets the game?!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

swordx

662. Posted:

BSlyTheGamerGuy wrote:

Wow Bonesy91, you tore through this game in only 3 days? I'm sure you'll revisit the game again sooner than later, I've heard nothing but amazing things about it and I know I will play through it at least 3 or 4 times before I sit it down for a decade or so and revisit it.

Visit my blog for a review of the original Zelda for the NES. Happy gaming!

Only took me 2...

swordx

AuthorMessage

Chris720

663. Posted:

I wish they put the StreetPass somewhere a little more obvious. It didn't take me too long to find it, but it certainly isn't an obvious place to go to. Ah well, whatever...

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

664. Posted:

Yeah and they don't let you know if you streetpassed someone like they use to. Now we have to check with the old man to even see if we have a shadow link. Wonder why or how they screwed that up?! I've had 2 SP now but only cus I checked with the old man!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

665. Posted:

well... i just completed the game. i'll be honest, i was underwhelmed. just about all over the internet, you'll see people giving this game perfect or near perfect scores.
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A [STRONG] OPINION FROM A ZELDA VETERAN!
>> i don't feel like the game deserves those scores. a great game, sure, and i'll admit i had tons of fun with it, and i am probably still going to even after i post this comment. the dungeons however... are not something to write home about. as a matter of fact, there probably something i wouldnt want to write home about.

>> let me start with the first offense that keeps the game from being a great game to a perfect game: the renting system. first of all, i like what they tried to do, i really do. i was among those excited for the renting system in this new game, but it falls deeply short. first let me briefly explain how the system works: you can rent an item for super cheap, but if you die, all rented items are taken away. but if you BUY something, you can keep it forever and upgrade it. i will now list why this system if broken:
1.) the items are WAY WAY WAY WAY too cheap to rent. most of the items only cost 80 rupees to rent. i rented all items almost as soon as the game would allow me. and this is because (next reason)...
2.) it's WAY WAY WAY WAY too easy to get rupees in this game. to have an idea of how easy it is, i rented all the items in the shop almost as soon as i was given the option (and this is at the VERY beginning of the game). the game LOVES to give you hundreds of rupees all the time, even though everything in the game is INCREDIBLY CHEAP.
3.) the renting system just sucks. there's no time limit in which you have to return the item, so because the game is so easy, you will pretty much never need to return anything because you'll never die. if there was a time limit implemented (this way, you could only have an item for a certain amount of time before it must be returned). but as it is, if you rent an item, you pretty much have it forever since, odds are you'll never die. and if by chance you do die, the items are, again, far too easy to rent, so it's as if you've never lost it.
4.) it's WAY WAY WAY WAY too easy to BUY items at the shop as well. yes,because rupees are so easy to find in the game, i bought every item before i did my second dungeon.
5.) the game is WAY WAY WAY WAY too easy! i completed the whole game having not died once AT ALL. i could have played the whole game without even buying the items, because the dungeons are completely easy, the enemies are easy, the bosses are easy, everything is as if it was made for a baby.
6.) there's NO REASON TO BUY WEAPONS. as i've said before, the game is FAR too easy, so the only reason to buy items is to upgrade them, right? no! the upgrades for each item are almost worthless and add nothing to the item. when you rent the item, you pretty much have the upgraded item already, both are pretty much the same. this is a MAJOR shame to me, because the upgrade system was amazing in Skyward Sword, and i was hoping for that here too, but alas.

>> so yes, the renting system is broken, but i bought and upgraded all the items, and because the rupees are so easy to get, it was incredibly early in the game when i bought all items. what is left to do with the rupees? nothing. absolutely nothing. once you buy all the items, you can still buy things, but everything in the game is INCREDIBLY cheap, and players will very quickly find themselves with 9999 rupees with nothing to spend them on. i bought every item, and i had nothing to spend my THOUSANDS of rupees on.

>> for me, the biggest offender are the dungeons themselves. in one word, i could describe them as awful. the game makes nearly every dungeon non-linear, meaning you can do dungeons in almost any order you prefer. but nearly every dungeon assumes (with the exception of a few) that you only have the item you used to get into the dungeon. every dungeon is themed for one specific item, meaning you only need that item for the dungeon. almost no dungeons in the game had puzzles requiring more than one item to be used at once, and that was REALLY disappointing. for this reason, every single dungeon is FAR TOO EASY.

>>the game, along with being too easy, is also too short. the dungeons are all incredibly short and have nothing memorable to show. even the final boss is also nothing to show. (SPOILERS) first it makes you hack away at him without thinking before it copies OoT by making you bat a magic orb back and forth until someone has bad timing.(END OF SPOILERS) nothing in this game is special at all, not even the final boss, which SHOULD be special, but isnt.

>> that's really what it comes down to is that the game is too easy. because its too easy, you never need to buy items. so you have all the items from the get-go essentially, but the dungeons are always focused on one single item, even though you already have all of them. the game had potential to be GREAT, and thats the greatest disappointment to me, because the rental system could have changed the entire game, but it changed little to nothing, unfortunately. the items change almost nothing to how the game is played. the dungeons in past zelda games are harder than the ones in this new one.

>> ive complained that the game is too easy, but one could say that Hero Mode is an answer to the game being too easy. but Hero Mode is only playable after you complete the game once, so this makes it more of a bonus, rather than an actual part of the game. if it were available from the very beginning, i'd be fine, but it isn't. imagine if you bought a game, and "super easy" was the only difficulty option, and to play on hard, you had to beat the game. it wouldn't be acceptable, so why is it okay here? it isnt for me.

HOW TO FIX IT
1.) fix the item system.

• make items more expensive to rent and buy.
  • implement a time limit to rented items. do this with an in-game clock like in Majoras Mask. this way you must return rented items sooner or later, whether you die or not. this way, the player will actually want to buy the item

2.) fix the dungeons.
-make dungeons focus on more than one item. this way the dungeons will actually be CHALLENGING.

3.) fix the enemies.

• make all enemies do more damage to the player, ESPECIALLY THE BOSSES.
  • make some enemies only kill-able with certain items. most enemies can die with the sword, so i found myself always killing with the sword.

4.) make hero-mode available from the beginning for veterans

• the game is FAR FAR too easy. it should be an option to play on hard mode from the beginning.

5.) Fix the money system

• either make everything cost more, or make rupees harder to find. as it is now, its FAR too easy to get money in this game.
  • add more things for the player to spend their money on. there isnt much to spend money on, and what there is, is super cheap. make everything incredibly expensive.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

Byron-3D

666. Posted:

I agree with what your saying about it being easy, I'm just coming to the end of my 1st play through and I've not found it difficult at all, fingers crossed that hero mode does raise the level slightly and also the weapons are way to cheap, you clock up almost 800 rupies in one dungeon, i spent a couple of hours just rupie hunting to finish of buying all the weapons.
Don't get me wrong i think its an amazing game but it could have been so much more

Living in an 8-Bit World!
My ever growing backlog!
PSN: Nin10do_B
Check Mii Out

3DS Friend Code: 0259-1099-8754 | Nintendo Network ID: Nin10do_B

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

667. Posted:

wow you guys are making it sound like you're playing a solo Four Swords with item shops(I mean only Four Swords had absurd ammounts of rupees)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

668. Posted:

Zelda games should have 'Hero mode' from the start, that or they should ditch The heart containers. You can always avoid them, like i will be doing from now on....Hate feeling over powered during the end of the game. The only time you'll ever really need to collect heart contains is in the original or Zelda II.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

669. Posted:

I like collecting heart containers but after getting 6-8 hearts they get kinda pointless in most Zelda games...

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

670. Posted:

I'd rather have a fun and easy game than a not-so-fun difficult game ;)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

671. Posted:

I agree that the renting system is flawed. I died once in a dungeon and obviously had to go rent the weapon again which was clearly no problem due to the high rupee tally in the game, but it still added on an extra ten minutes to my playtime which was just unnecessary and frustrating.

I like that all the dungeons are available at once. I do kinda wish they were harder to find/access.

The dungeons are easy and yeah I guess that's probably because of the fact you only need to use one item. It's easy enough to just walk into a room and think, right, how can I use this item and how can I use the wall merge mechanic to solve this, and chances are you'll find an answer straight away.

So I do agree that more than one item should be used per dungeon for puzzle variety.

I'm still really enjoying the game though. Because it's so easy, it makes me feel awesome acing the dungeons ha.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

672. Posted:

Oh yeah I wouldn't describe the dungeons as awful whatsoever, I think the majority of them have been cleverly designed and a lot of fun.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

673. Posted:

I love how people blow through the game as if there is no tomorrow. I like takig my time. I'm 15 hours in and still have 5 sages to get. I'm in no hurry either as I can find plenty of thing to do.

As for the renting system I think its a perfect idea for a handheld in todays world. People don't want to spend an hour or two looking for money to rent said items. Yes I own all the items now but is that really a problem?! I love how fluid the game moves!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

674. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I like collecting heart containers but after getting 6-8 hearts they get kinda pointless in most Zelda games...

For sure. You feel overpowered, as if you've gone super saiyan to the point of careless walking through enemies to get to your destination point rather than skillfully prancing around on your toes, manouvering around enemies, deflecting & blocking your shots and making good use of your items and attacks like you DID earlier in the game. :P

For the most part, i guess you could say I'm a masochist gamer. I want bragging rights(Heh, finished Adventure Island, all NES Gaidens, Mega Man 10 on hard more, 100%'d wario land shake it, castlevania III, double dragon ect ect) and i want that awesome sense of accomplishment, reward, and satisfaction for having to trial and error it up + mastering your skills. The only time i've ever had this with a Zelda game was with Zelda II.....the rest that i've played while great and all never had me on my toes, it was really just about the puzzle solving.

At least Wind Waker HD has 'hero mode' from the start. :*

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

675. Posted:

I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that something happens or you get something after completing the game twice.

Do we know what this is yet?

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

676. Posted:

I'm not sure if something happens but I do remember something about Majoras Mask on the second play through! Does anyone know what that is is the question?

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

677. Posted:

Go to the Vacant House during Hero Mode and read the diary

There ya go ^^^

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

678. Posted:

DarkwingLz wrote:

There ya go ^^^

Well I do plan to play through it again but ill wait a week or so after I beat it. I just need to remember this.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

679. Posted:

It's not really that big of a deal so don't get your hopes up too much. However it is a nice easter egg. It could also be a hint for MM3D or the developers teasing us.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

680. Posted:

DarkwingLz wrote:

There ya go ^^^

NL has spoiler tags?! Since when?!

I found that book by chance and thought I had simply missed it in my first playthrough, but...it didn't bring Majora's Mask to mind at all! Isn't it just Ravio's diary talking about him escaping the dark world?

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92