Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 970

GuSolarFlare

I like collecting heart containers but after getting 6-8 hearts they get kinda pointless in most Zelda games...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

TheLZdragon

I'd rather have a fun and easy game than a not-so-fun difficult game

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JonnyKong

I agree that the renting system is flawed. I died once in a dungeon and obviously had to go rent the weapon again which was clearly no problem due to the high rupee tally in the game, but it still added on an extra ten minutes to my playtime which was just unnecessary and frustrating.

I like that all the dungeons are available at once. I do kinda wish they were harder to find/access.

The dungeons are easy and yeah I guess that's probably because of the fact you only need to use one item. It's easy enough to just walk into a room and think, right, how can I use this item and how can I use the wall merge mechanic to solve this, and chances are you'll find an answer straight away.

So I do agree that more than one item should be used per dungeon for puzzle variety.

I'm still really enjoying the game though. Because it's so easy, it makes me feel awesome acing the dungeons ha.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

JonnyKong

Oh yeah I wouldn't describe the dungeons as awful whatsoever, I think the majority of them have been cleverly designed and a lot of fun.

Spoony_Tech

I love how people blow through the game as if there is no tomorrow. I like takig my time. I'm 15 hours in and still have 5 sages to get. I'm in no hurry either as I can find plenty of thing to do.

As for the renting system I think its a perfect idea for a handheld in todays world. People don't want to spend an hour or two looking for money to rent said items. Yes I own all the items now but is that really a problem?! I love how fluid the game moves!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WaveBoy

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I like collecting heart containers but after getting 6-8 hearts they get kinda pointless in most Zelda games...

For sure. You feel overpowered, as if you've gone super saiyan to the point of careless walking through enemies to get to your destination point rather than skillfully prancing around on your toes, manouvering around enemies, deflecting & blocking your shots and making good use of your items and attacks like you DID earlier in the game.

For the most part, i guess you could say I'm a masochist gamer. I want bragging rights(Heh, finished Adventure Island, all NES Gaidens, Mega Man 10 on hard more, 100%'d wario land shake it, castlevania III, double dragon ect ect) and i want that awesome sense of accomplishment, reward, and satisfaction for having to trial and error it up + mastering your skills. The only time i've ever had this with a Zelda game was with Zelda II.....the rest that i've played while great and all never had me on my toes, it was really just about the puzzle solving.

At least Wind Waker HD has 'hero mode' from the start.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

JonnyKong

I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that something happens or you get something after completing the game twice.

Do we know what this is yet?

Spoony_Tech

I'm not sure if something happens but I do remember something about Majoras Mask on the second play through! Does anyone know what that is is the question?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TheLZdragon

Go to the Vacant House during Hero Mode and read the diary

There ya go ^^^

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

DarkwingLz wrote:

There ya go ^^^

Well I do plan to play through it again but ill wait a week or so after I beat it. I just need to remember this.

MERG said:

TheLZdragon

It's not really that big of a deal so don't get your hopes up too much. However it is a nice easter egg. It could also be a hint for MM3D or the developers teasing us.

My Eeveeloggery

TeeJay

DarkwingLz wrote:

There ya go ^^^

NL has spoiler tags?! Since when?!

I found that book by chance and thought I had simply missed it in my first playthrough, but...it didn't bring Majora's Mask to mind at all! Isn't it just Ravio's diary talking about him escaping the dark world?

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JonnyKong

Well that's a tad dissapointing.

mookysam

I finished it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would even go so far as to say it's probably my favourite handheld Zelda. I think the length is reasonable, having taken me 22 hours with all maiamai and almost all heart pieces collected. It's nice to have played a game that harks back to the older style but still feels very modern. It feels like a "pure" Zelda game. As I said in an earlier post it plays very smoothly and arguably features the best use of 3D on the system yet. It also looks and sounds great.

Switch FC: SW-7078-8737-1884

Switch Friend Code: SW-7078-8737-1884

TheLZdragon

TeeJay wrote:

DarkwingLz wrote:

There ya go ^^^

NL has spoiler tags?! Since when?!

I found that book by chance and thought I had simply missed it in my first playthrough, but...it didn't bring Majora's Mask to mind at all! Isn't it just Ravio's diary talking about him escaping the dark world?

3 days. 2 days. 1 day. It's referencing Majora's Mask too Also the spoiler tag was added within the last month

My Eeveeloggery

Cotton

How long will the special a link between worlds 3ds xl be out in the US?

3ds friend code 5129 0670 7184

tobibra

Where do I get the special chooes / dash / run faster thing?

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

CM30

^ Go to Kakariko Village (once you have the wall merging ability from the Eastern Palace), and then merge into the cliff wall near that sage's house. Pop out of the wall behind the weird thief like guy, and he'll give you the Pegasus Boots.

Of course, you'll need to go to Zora's Domain first.

On another note, I've now beaten Hero Mode in this game! With 100 Heart Pieces, Maiamais, items, upgrades, etc!

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

Twitter:

SubBronze

Just beat the game, and I was very impressed by it. The puzzles were extremely creative, if a little easy at parts, but it is [probably my favourite 2D Zelda game (even though it is the only 2D Zelda I've finished, probably should fix that...)

It took me just over 17 hours to finish the game, with seven missing heart pieces and 28 missing Maiamis. Didn't die once (used fairies a few times though), but I can definitely tell that the game would be much harder on Hero Mode. Probabaly won't get to that for a few months though.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

tobibra

CM30 wrote:

^ Go to Kakariko Village (once you have the wall merging ability from the Eastern Palace), and then merge into the cliff wall near that sage's house. Pop out of the wall behind the weird thief like guy, and he'll give you the Pegasus Boots.

Of course, you'll need to go to Zora's Domain first.

On another note, I've now beaten Hero Mode in this game! With 100 Heart Pieces, Maiamais, items, upgrades, etc!

Thank you ^^
That thief was the reason I wanted them actually, to keep up with him when he runs away

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic