Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 221 to 240 of 446

moomoo

@OlympicCho I'm fine with this being an iPad game. I'm not fine that they teased their fanbase with this.
And though I made an assumption, it seems to be logical, does it not? The only people that would know what this is are people who have heard of TWEWY. The only people getting balls to the walls excited for this would be hardcore TWEWY fans. The advertising campaign they used was aimed towards TWEWY fans. Yet the what they announced was not something aimed at them.

Think of it like this: a child who is not used to recieving sweets is told by his father that he will recieve cake at the end of the week. The child anticipates all week of that cake. When the time arrives, the father gives the child a cardboard cake.
Did the father lie to the child? No. Was the child misled? Yes.
Who's in the wrong though?
I understand that Square Enix and TWEWY fans aren't in a father-child relationship, but I feel it sums up the situation.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

ToadFan

I don't really understand why people are so mad about this, I mean I understand about them being disappointed. But it's not like they are making TWEWY 2 only for iOS. This is only a port, and besides this will give the series more attention and hype. And then maybe we can have a sequel for 3DS or iPhone.

ToadFan

Bankai

@OlympicCho I'm fine with this being an iPad game. I'm not fine that they teased their fanbase with this.
And though I made an assumption, it seems to be logical, does it not? The only people that would know what this is are people who have heard of TWEWY. The only people getting balls to the walls excited for this would be hardcore TWEWY fans. The advertising campaign they used was aimed towards TWEWY fans. Yet the what they announced was not something aimed at them.

Oh lord, once again these ridiculous assumptions that the only people Square Enix exist for are the hardcore TWEWY fans.

Square Enix did a teaser for that 4 Crystals of Light DS game too. Was that aimed at hardcore... 4 Crystals of Light gamers? But wait, that franchise didn't exist before the teaser site. Was it aimed at hardcore Final Fantasy gamers? Then why the heck wasn't it on the PS3? BETRAYAL (a new plot line for Phoenix Wright games, methinks).

What you can't seem to understand that a teaser site is a piece of marketing collateral, no different to a TV ad or magazine ad. It was made to promote an iPhone game. Therefore it exists to market an upcoming game to iPhone gamers.

I'm really sorry that you're oh-so-hurt by this news, but Square Enix did not "betray" you or let you get all excited over nothing. You got yourself excited based on an assumption, and that is your problem, not Square Enix's. Never have I seen any promises that TWEWY would be Nintendo-console exclusive. And given that the TWEWY fanbase clearly isn't big enough to support the game staying on Nintendo consoles, you've only got yourself to blame for not buying a million copies.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

4 Heroes of Light*

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

CanisWolfred

OlympicCho wrote:

And given that the TWEWY fanbase clearly isn't big enough to support the game staying on Nintendo consoles, you've only got yourself to blame for not buying a million copies.

You sure you don't work for Capcom or Namdai?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

still implying anyone outside of fans of the original cares

that goes for literally all of you. Yes, even you.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

theblackdragon

@kkslider5552000: that's what things like teaser websites are for, to lure in people who would otherwise never have been interested. who can turn down a ticking clock, especially when it was leaked earlier in the week that there would definitely be something for iDevice owners?

@TheKingofTown: ... what is that? the countdown to its availability?

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

retired_account

IT'S TWEWY 2 FOR 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retired_account

kkslider5552000

Oh cmon. I was gonna say there's gonna be more even after the countdown ends days ago, but I didn't remember to say it. I would have looked so awesome on this internet message board!

TheKingOfTown

TWEWY for Android. You heard it here first folks.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

kkslider5552000

pretty sure it's a 0.

Honestly while I don't believe this has done anything to help make iOS TWEWY a success, I'd strongly approve of them continuing to countdown to every system ever made. Next week it'll be revealed it will be ported to Dreamcast!

Joeynator3000

For some stupid reason I saw SquareEnix Channel on that new countdown and thought something like a TWEWY show/cartoon. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

moomoo

OlympicCho wrote:

Oh lord, once again these ridiculous assumptions that the only people Square Enix exist for are the hardcore TWEWY fans.

Square Enix did a teaser for that 4 Crystals of Light DS game too. Was that aimed at hardcore... 4 Crystals of Light gamers? But wait, that franchise didn't exist before the teaser site. Was it aimed at hardcore Final Fantasy gamers? Then why the heck wasn't it on the PS3? BETRAYAL (a new plot line for Phoenix Wright games, methinks).

What you can't seem to understand that a teaser site is a piece of marketing collateral, no different to a TV ad or magazine ad. It was made to promote an iPhone game. Therefore it exists to market an upcoming game to iPhone gamers.

I'm really sorry that you're oh-so-hurt by this news, but Square Enix did not "betray" you or let you get all excited over nothing. You got yourself excited based on an assumption, and that is your problem, not Square Enix's. Never have I seen any promises that TWEWY would be Nintendo-console exclusive. And given that the TWEWY fanbase clearly isn't big enough to support the game staying on Nintendo consoles, you've only got yourself to blame for not buying a million copies.

[/div]

That teaser site, based on the contents within, was not aimed at a category as broad as Square Enix fans: it was aimed at fans of TWEWY. There are many people who are fans of Square Enix but strongly disliked TWEWY. Would this be aimed at them? No. Four Heroes of Light was extremely vague in what was being teased, so there was no way a specific audience, like Final Fantasy fans, could have understood what was being teased, drastically differing from what was being teased with the TWEWY site.
Considering what this was an announcement for, a remake on i-devices, I cannot understand why this approach would be suitable. There was no inference what so ever that this would be an iPad game: why then would people who mostly game on an iPad care about this announcement? SE should have used an advertising method that would work for enticing the audience it is being sent to instead of the audience that originally adored the game. It's so ludicrous that I still have a shred of hope that there's still some sort of other announcement intended. I don't think this company is owned by idiots: the facts just don't seem to add up. If this was to advertise an iPad game, then it should have been made known that this was going to be on said device initially, so that people who like gaming on their iPads could get excited.

Once again, I'm not mad that this game is out on iPads, I'm mad that SE used an innapropriate means to excite people about its existence.

For the record, TWEWY sold out of its initial shipment in the US at an alarming rate. I'd hardly call that a bomb. If anything, Square Enix is to blame for not giving consumers enough copies of the game to easily find.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy it. It may be nerfed, but there's still a lot to love.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.