Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Posts 341 to 360 of 480

Xyphon22

So where are people seeing that tomorrow is another demo day? I'll give it a try if I am able, I guess, but I haven't seen anything that says we can play the demo online tomorrow.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Yoshi

Xyphon22 wrote:

So where are people seeing that tomorrow is another demo day? I'll give it a try if I am able, I guess, but I haven't seen anything that says we can play the demo online tomorrow.

Not in North America, only in Europe. Our days were this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Theirs were Friday, Saturday, and tomorrow.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Henmii

My first impression after playing the first world (solo): Not bad, even if the levels themselves are very lineair with small rooms. Its certainly no Oot or Minish cap (to just call 2 very good Zelda's), but it is what it is: A fun little distraction untill the next proper Zelda (Zelda U) arrives!

As for the solo-controls: No problems at all! Switching goes very fast via the touchscreen. Getting all 3 quick to the exit of a room isn't a problem, since the rooms are very small. It only gets a little bit tricky (just a little) when you need to act quick. And forming a full totem is tricky, since you first have to make a small totem and then the other Link needs to pick-up the small totem to form a big totem.

Of course my opinion is based on the first world, so it could get cumbersome later on maybe. Also the music is nice, as are the graphics (Albw style, but with more color).

"I guess Hytopia is also advanced in cosmetic surgery because this Link looks nothing like the one from ALBW"

Lol, you are right! This is more toon-Link, complete with the big blond hair. If I remember correctly ALBW Link had darker hair (dark blond/brownish). And a different face.

On a side-note: King Tuft looks a bit like the king from Katamari damacy.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

ultraraichu

Spent all day yesterday playing online with strangers. Besides 3 laggy team-ups, Online play have been quite smooth. I can only imagine how much lag there would be if the game wasn't region-locked since it's peer to peer and it only takes one to lag for all. The emojis do a good job getting you message across if your partners are team players and not the type that thinks every team needs a leader.

I had some fun puzzles that had me and my team stumped for a good while. It's easy when everyone have the same weapon but things get interesting when everyone have their own unique weapon.

Made it to stage 7 but I'll probably play some past stages for materials to make some outfits that don't work best with certain items or in certain stages.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

BurningSonic

I heard you can play this with one person locally and one person online, but can you play with one person from download play and one online?

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

TuVictus

I don't think so, if I remember what I read, correctly

TuVictus

ultraraichu

@BurningSonic: I'm 98% sure the answer is no since the signal for the local wireless and internet wifi work separate from on another. Also the old man in charge of the multiplayer match-up is not giving me an option for it.

As for that one person local, one person online, that mainly apply if both you and your teammate play online and are on each other's friend list. Then If it's just the 2 of you, the leader can enable a stranger to join in to make 3. I guess you can say local in a way since both of you can be in the same room using the internet.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

BurningSonic

Alright wanted to see if my brother can play with me with only 1 copy, I'll probably still get this eventually.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Blathers

BurningSonic wrote:

I heard you can play this with one person locally and one person online, but can you play with one person from download play and one online?

No.

With the full version of the game, you can matchmake online. Matchmaking is always with two other people online: none, one, or both of which can be your friends. No-one is the host, since it's peer to peer.

You can alternatively open a Local multicard lobby, allowing only players with the game to join via local wireless.

The third option is a Local Download Play lobby. People without the game can join this lobby through the Download Play app, and other players can join the game from their copy of Triforce Heroes.

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Yoshi

Ok, I've ran into two characters in game so far that mention SpotPass and how it really needs to be on (which it is). Why does Nintendo feel like we must have SpotPass on? It isn't required to play online, and on the back of the box for the game, it just says "Connect to Internet hotspots". Maybe we have something in store in the future?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

TeeJay

Man, the Sky Realm is tough as nails. Took my team 2 tries to clear one of the levels, and it's not like we were bad or anything. I mean, how else did we all get this far?

It's just that damn balancing act in that second dungeon...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Doc_Brown

I had a terrible experience playing tonight: laggy connection, troll or stupid teammates, disconnected games... It really was a chore.

Doc_Brown

DoctorOverbuild

I think this game seriously could do with voice chat, and please Nintendo! Go and update the single player to make it more like 4 swords and actually enjoyable

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

VanillaLake

Doc_Brown wrote:

I had a terrible experience playing tonight: laggy connection, troll or stupid teammates, disconnected games... It really was a chore.

I wonder why there are so many trolls buying and playing games... It's so nasty.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Tiefseemiez

I think voice-chat would kind of spoil the experience.
When there are people in your team that already know what to do and where to go, it already makes it hard for yourself to explore none the less and kind of takes away thinking for yourself. This would even be worse with voice chat. I think the emoticons work fine, but I am only in world 2 I must add.
So far it is an awesome game for short bursts. Online lag tends to be annoying, but usually it is not gamebreakingly bad.
I love the humor and the ridiculous setting.
And those little details like the Link-to-the-past-Link that isn't allowed to enter the castle.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

ultraraichu

Just beat the final stage. It's so weird how most of the people I was team up forgot this was a Zelda game and that what you learn about an enemy's weakness and weapon use will be relevant later on. For example instead of them using their long range weapon against those fire bats and that knight with the flaming mace, they charge in head first with their sword. I don't mind that we failed because of that way of thinking (I'm very patient), I do mind when the person making the most fuss about losing disband/rage quit the team when they are the one messing up. I went through 6 teams that way.

Overall I'm having a lot of fun playing this and I know this because I hardly play Pokemon Shuffle every few hours like I normally do. I'm going to still play online to complete the game and to help others new to it. Not in the sense I emoji them in what to do, that will take the fun out of learning and discovery. My only clue is being at the right spot with the right weapon and only thumbs up or cheer when they get it right.

Luffymcduck

Me and my friends defeated the final boss yesterday in local download play (I'm the only one with the game currently ). It was a ton of fun, no wonder I've been waiting for almost 11 years for a new co-op Zelda game. We might do some of the challenges later, there are quite a few of them.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

TuVictus

The better rewards are always in the same chest whenever you replay a level, right? It doesn't randomize?

TuVictus

GrizzlyArctos

@Operative: Pretty sure it's randomised to stop people fighting over the same chest. Could be wrong though

Yes, I like bears.

ultraraichu

GrizzlyArctos wrote:

@Operative: Pretty sure it's randomised to stop people fighting over the same chest. Could be wrong though

Yep it's completely random.

There's even this rumor going around where you can altar which chest the rarer item will be based on which part of the Triforce you exit out the most from. That is completely false.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.