Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Posts 361 to 380 of 480

Blathers

brewsky wrote:

Ok, I've ran into two characters in game so far that mention SpotPass and how it really needs to be on (which it is). Why does Nintendo feel like we must have SpotPass on? It isn't required to play online, and on the back of the box for the game, it just says "Connect to Internet hotspots". Maybe we have something in store in the future?

Possibly to notify you of DLC maps when they become available.

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Tyranexx

For those that have played this, what do you think about the single player aspects? Was the review here spot-on? Multiplayer for me will be a chore (lack of friends that want this, temperamental internet), so I'll mostly be using the single player.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

GrizzlyArctos

@Trinexx: I've only played single player once, and I found it quite slow and a little clunky. It's easy enough to switch between characters quickly, and it's nice to be in full control of all three Links, but it really slows down the game having to switch to another Link and move them around. I can also see it being tricky to pull off in some later levels, but practice would help.

Yes, I like bears.

TuVictus

ultraraichu wrote:

GrizzlyArctos wrote:

@Operative: Pretty sure it's randomised to stop people fighting over the same chest. Could be wrong though

Yep it's completely random.

There's even this rumor going around where you can altar which chest the rarer item will be based on which part of the Triforce you exit out the most from. That is completely false.

While that is going to make getting certain items annoying, I'm also kind of glad about it. Seems more fun that way

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

DreamyViridi

I've played single player in the woodlands and haven't played multiplayer yet, and I can see myself playing single player to grind materials. It's OK but it can get stale rather quickly. I can see myself playing this every now and then but not for hours and hours in a row, which is what I tend to do with new games

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Yoshi

Ok, just ran into the first ridiculously frustrating challenge. It's the stupid "Don't pop any balloons!" challenge in Hinox Mine. It is horribly unforgiving. Just pop ONE balloon and you lose all your hearts, use a fairy, and (the worst part) start the room over. I ended up playing it in single player just to complete it, but it is near impossible to do online when a team of three can't make a single mistake.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Peek-a-boo

@brewsky: That's where I am currently up to too.

To make matters even worse, the laggy online makes it even harder to NOT pop any balloons, and one of the three guys disconnected altogether to spoil the whole thing!

I am really beginning to regret buying this. The multiplayer is ssoooo hit and miss to the point that it affects your overall enjoyment.

Going to swiftly trade this in for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. on the 4th of December.

Peek-a-boo

Yoshi

For me, the connection has been pretty good. I've had more lobbies with a great connection than I have had with a bad connection. However, the number of times I've encountered laggy connections is far too high, but that's what happens when people don't have decent internet. This isn't Mario Kart where, when you play online, the server can "predict" where people are at when the connection isn't stellar. You actually need a good connection to make it work.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

ultraraichu

@Trinexx: It's troublesome at first but if you are good at adapting, utilizing a character, and remembering it a Legend of Zelda game, It's not too bad. So far I beat 20 Drablands Challenges in single player with little to no problem (even some time challenge with and without the orb to carry) compare to if I was to do it in multiplayer. There would be a lot more fails, quits, and disconnects that way.

It's more work but the trade off is there is less chaos and more control.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

ultraraichu

@brewsky: Same here. The good lag free connections out-weight the bad laggy connections in my experience. If you're lucky, you can pick out the person that has the bad connection.
You can also imagine if the game was region-free, how much lag there might be playing with people half-way across the world.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Tyranexx

So single player doesn't appear to be downright terrible, at least. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TuVictus

The only annoying thing about the game is the person that doesn't have their level chosen so they immediately quit. There should be a penalty for voluntary disconnections like that

TuVictus

bagajr

My complaint about the online mode isn't connection or the teammates I get. It's been going really smoothly for me actually. The thing I DO have a problem with is that Nintendo only let you pick the world you want and not the level... This is such a simple thing yet it completely devastates the experience when you have to wait on average of 20 minutes EVERY TIME to get 2 team members who want to play the same level as you (because everyone quits if they get a level they've already played and I don't blame them). It just shows how little love and effort was put into this game. It's such a shame because it's actually really fun when these things don't get in the way and it pains me to know that all the problems are just simple things Nintendo easily could have fixed...

It would be better if I had a group to play with. None of my friends are interested in getting this game, but maybe someone else is having the same problems and also wants to form a three-person group for this? Or let me know if there's already a place dedicated for this kind of stuff.

My friend code if anyone is interested: 2062-9152-2221 (PM me or something)

bagajr

3DS Friend Code: 2062-9152-2221 | Nintendo Network ID: bagajr | Twitter:

Henmii

The abyss of agony was already quite challenging (I played solo and almost died). Great level, bodes well for the rest of the game!

I also played some online multiplayer. It was fun, and luckily we understood each other. It was very laggy though, but that may also be my connection. At least I didn't get disconnected.

Henmii

Iggly

Looks like North America will be having some more online sessions this weekend for anyone who either missed their chance last time or just for anyone who wants to play the demo. The servers will be up at these times:
10/30: 3 PM – 5 PM Pacific
10/31: 3 PM – 5 PM Pacific
11/1: 3 PM – 5 PM Pacific
The demo will also be available on the eshop tomorrow if you still haven't got the demo yet. It's unknown if Europe will be getting more sessions as well, but I think it's safe to assume everyone will be able to try the demo again.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

GrizzlyArctos

For the most part I haven't encountered to many 'troll' players online, but yesterday I seem to have almost exclusively played with them. One insisted on walking unless someone picked them up (on a timed stage). One constantly used the gust jar to throw me off the stage and as soon as I did it once to them they quit. One constantly picked me up and threw me away from the triforce mark whenever I tried to stand on it, and then quit as soon as I did it once to them. And then one wouldn't let me talk to the old man in the lobby to leave, constantly throwing me onto the Triforce mark to make me enter the level so I had to quit then.

Hopefully I won't run into many more now. At the very least I was able to blacklist a few.

Yes, I like bears.

ultraraichu

I only met up with 2 player that I'm sure were trolls or immature since I got the game at launch. One was Monday where the player keep spamming the no emoji when his stage wasn't pick and keep throw me into the pit, I guess it's because I selected "I don't know" and it picked my other teammate stage. The next was yesterday in Deku Forest where he just did random stuff and prevent the team from going to the next part for a few minutes, then quit.

The blacklist is handy with them, could/should be utilized in other online Nintendo games. Sometimes I wish there was also something like a friend request option to quest again with people you like, Like how Attack on Titans and Pokemon XY/OR/AS does it.

DreamyViridi

I tried online for the first time yesterday and bits of lag aside had an OK time. Surprised to find other player at 11pm considering the UK typically ignore Nintendo. With that said, we only did one level before I left; I'm sure online will be a mixed bag depending but at least there are some nice people out there.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

GrizzlyArctos

@Miicasa: Most of the people I've played with aren't trolls, so they're definitely in the minority, thankfully. I just got really unkucky enough to run into them all at once...

Ah well, I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. Online is great fun with a group of decent players, though the 'don't pop any balloon' missions are infuriating when one member isn't careful at all.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.