Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,004

LzWinky

Well I think it's clear that Best Buy is no longer an option after this poor handling of the system.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Rezalack

I ordered within the first 5 minutes, that's a big steaming pile of horse pucky. Whatever.. this is exactly the reason I ordered one from Gamestop as well. Just to make sure one of the orders goes through. I have never had a problem with Best Buy before. I'm more worried about not getting my Majora's Mask Limited Edition.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

renaryuugufan92

Heres a question, anyone had any issues with pre-ordering the game from Amazon?

I ordered mine via one day delivery several weeks before release and got my delivery of the 13th by 8pm, here it is the 14th almost the 15th and I won't have it till Monday (i really hope...), and it shipped on the 12th. Talk about overpaying for 1,2, count saturday, if it arrives monday 3 day shipping... Its taking all of my patience to not download the game using eshop credit as the 3DS is the only system I still get games for physically...ughhhh i want to play this sooooooooooo bad, at least I got prime 2 to beat, oh god the backtracking, c'mon majoras mask, ah no post on sundays, welp.. beating Prime 2 it is~ XD love prime don't get me wrong but the backtracking in 2 is a little, eh

and heres proof of my experience XD

Untitled

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

LzWinky

You paid for one day delivery? Then you need to get a refund

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MegaStoneSmash91

After playing up through the Woodfall Temple so far, I'm surprised at the amount of stuff they've changed around. Even some of the rewards for certain tasks were switched. And now the Stray Fairies in the Woodfall Temple give you the double-length Magic Meter? The battle with Odalwa also felt weird due to the changes. He seemed easier, but more annoying at the same time. I've agreed with most of the differences so far, like the ability to ACTUALLY SAVE at Owl Statues and the new Feather Statues.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Henmii

I love how they decorated Woodfall temple with all kinds of new stuff. It seems they have done that with the whole game. Looks neat!

"The battle with Odolwa also felt weird due to the changes. He seemed easier"

Yeah, he seemed easier to me too. But he was never really hard.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

LzWinky

You think it's different now, wait until you get to Gyorg and Twinmold. Good golly the new fights are ridiculous

MegaStoneSmash91

Some good changes to Goron Link were made. Punching is much faster, which instantly makes it more effective as less timing is needed. Not having to hold the button to stay curled up is also quite nice. The way he walks makes much more sense, too. Feels more like how a Goron would walk instead of the odd shuffle-like movement in the original.

The Snowhead area itself seemed to recieve very few changes, which is good. Only real change I noticed is that the Goron Elder isn't trapped in a snowball anymore. He's just sitting out in the open uncovered, but still frozen. I guess they thought finding him was too annoying/clumsy before.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

mookysam

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

After playing up through the Woodfall Temple so far, I'm surprised at the amount of stuff they've changed around. Even some of the rewards for certain tasks were switched. And now the Stray Fairies in the Woodfall Temple give you the double-length Magic Meter? The battle with Odalwa also felt weird due to the changes. He seemed easier, but more annoying at the same time. I've agreed with most of the differences so far, like the ability to ACTUALLY SAVE at Owl Statues and the new Feather Statues.

Odolwa was easily my least favourite boss in the original so I am pleasantly surprised by the changes. The fight was over very quickly, but I thought it was more logical and also made specific use of the Deku mask. The stray fairy changes made them easier to obtain in one go. I'm hoping one particularly horrid fairy in snowhead is easier to obtain this time round!

I am really impressed by this so far. It seems to be a comprehensive revision/update with lots of little changes and some big ones, where as Ocarina 3D was largely a graphical update. The visuals in this are great too (and some people moaned it looked the same as the N64 original after the first trailer!)

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

TuVictus

mookysam wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Odolwa was easily my least favourite boss in the original so I am pleasantly surprised by the changes. The fight was over very quickly, but I thought it was more logical and also made specific use of the Deku mask. The stray fairy changes made them easier to obtain in one go. I'm hoping one particularly horrid fairy in snowhead is easier to obtain this time round!

I am really impressed by this so far. It seems to be a comprehensive revision/update with lots of little changes and some big ones, where as Ocarina 3D was largely a graphical update. The visuals in this are great too (and some people moaned it looked the same as the N64 original after the first trailer!)

If it's the fairy I'm thinking of, then yes, it's much easier to get.

In fact, I think the effect of the Great Fairy Mask has a much wider reach in this game

TuVictus

Tobiaku

Started playing it today, as one who never played the n64 original, I so far think its better than Ocarina of time 3D

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

LzWinky

Despite what many say, the 3D version is far superior to the original.

The one big problem I had was the wonky camera, especially underwater

TeeJay

mookysam wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

If you're talking about the one hidden behind an invisible wall in the main room than no it's not easy to find unless you already knew it was there, but at least there's snow markings on the wall indicating something suspicious. idk if the original had that. It may have. Also the one hidden behind an invisible ceiling in the room with the timed Goron stomp buttons is still just as obtuse to find unless you knew it was there.

Speaking of Snowhead, I just finished it a couple minutes ago actually. Thank god. I always hated that temple because of that darn giant pillar in the center. I was even able to grab all the stray fairies in one try. I couldn't pull that off in the original.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Chubblings

I had a question that I couldn't find on the internet about it, so was wondering if some experienced players could help me (it's my first time playing). So I saved the old bomb lady from Sakon on the First Night, but then I keep reading from some places that for the Anju & Kafei quest, you should NOT save her to do it. Thus, am I screwed and cannot access that quest because I saved the woman?

Chubblings

Nintendo Network ID: Chubblings

TeeJay

Chubblings wrote:

I had a question that I couldn't find on the internet about it, so was wondering if some experienced players could help me (it's my first time playing). So I saved the old bomb lady from Sakon on the First Night, but then I keep reading from some places that for the Anju & Kafei quest, you should NOT save her to do it. Thus, am I screwed and cannot access that quest because I saved the woman?

The thing about this game is that everything resets when you Play the Song of Time and go back to the first day. I'm not sure why saving that lady would ruin the quest as they have nothing to do with each other, but it doesn't matter as going back to the first day will mean you never saved the lady (even though you keep the bomb mask. idk if she gives you anything if you save her again)

A lot of subquests intersect each other in such a way that doing one will make the other impossible to do until you go back to the first day and concentrate on the other subquest. For example, the deed you get from the Deku Scrub in Clock Town is used for a couple subquests.

EDIT: I just remembered that that thief is actually an important part of the quest! I can see how catching him that night would ruin the quest as he turns up later in the Anju quest, which obviously he can't do if you caught him on the first night.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

Yup, he won't show up at the Curiosity Shop if you saved the old lady

mookysam

If you're talking about the one hidden behind an invisible wall in the main room than no it's not easy to find unless you already knew it was there, but at least there's snow markings on the wall indicating something suspicious. idk if the original had that. It may have. Also the one hidden behind an invisible ceiling in the room with the timed Goron stomp buttons is still just as obtuse to find unless you knew it was there.

Speaking of Snowhead, I just finished it a couple minutes ago actually. Thank god. I always hated that temple because of that darn giant pillar in the center. I was even able to grab all the stray fairies in one try. I couldn't pull that off in the original.

That's the one! In the original the biggest problem I had was getting Goron Link to successfully land there. He kept bashing the wall and falling to the bottom.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Chubblings

TingLz wrote:

Just from what you and @TeeJay are saying (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems that it is impossible to do the Anju & Kafei quest IF you saved the bomb lady in THE SAME CYCLE. However, if you saved the bomb lady, and used the Song of Time to revert to a new cycle (while still having the Blast Mask), you will technically have never saved her, and the Anju & Kafei quest can be completed.

Chubblings

Nintendo Network ID: Chubblings

Nicolai

Chubblings wrote:

A couple of months ago, I attempted a "help everyone" run, where I tried to help out as many people as possible the last cycle before beating the game (the only one that matters, because you don't reset everything), and that was one of the quests I had to avoid doing. Sakon has to arrive at the curiosity shop, because a lot of people depend on Kafei running after him. That, and listening to Anju's Grandmother tell her story through an entire night took up too much precious time, and would prevent me from helping either Romani or Cremia at the ranch at night.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TeeJay

mookysam wrote:

That's the one! In the original the biggest problem I had was getting Goron Link to successfully land there. He kept bashing the wall and falling to the bottom.

Well I have to say as long as you know it's there it's quite easy to get! I just did it today. All I did was transform to my human form and simply jump down to it. Not sure if that was the official way to do it though as I did take fall damage. Easy!

Chubblings wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Just from what you and @TeeJay are saying (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems that it is impossible to do the Anju & Kafei quest IF you saved the bomb lady in THE SAME CYCLE. However, if you saved the bomb lady, and used the Song of Time to revert to a new cycle (while still having the Blast Mask), you will technically have never saved her, and the Anju & Kafei quest can be completed.

Exactly correct! You keep all the masks you've acquired when you go back to the first day, so you can save her, go back in time, and then complete the Anju & Kafei quest and still have the bomb mask.

Remember though, if you want the big bomb bag, you have to save the old lady, so you can't get it while doing the Anju & Kafei quest.

Edited on by TeeJay

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.