Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,004

Spoony_Tech

I really need to stop reading in here.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sorry, I'll try and use more spoiler tags

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sorry, I'll try and use more spoiler tags

You are the least of my worries lol. I just need to be done in here regardless for a while. I should know better.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LzWinky

I just got an e-mail. My Majora's Mask 3DS just shipped

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Henmii

Oof, I got 50 on the Clocktown target-range. I don't think I ever achieved this before. The gyrosensor aiming helped a lot though. My heart is still pounding. I also totally completed the Woodfall shooting-range, and paid the fishing-pond a quick visit. I have not fished yet, but it looks pretty extensive. Good stuff!

"The visuals in this are great too (and some people moaned it looked the same as the N64 original after the first trailer!)"

I was one of them. The first trailer didn't look that good to me. But now that I have the final product in my hands, it definitely looks better then the original. As people said before: They not only have given the game the Oot 3D treatment (obviously), but they have also added lots of small tweaks and lots of decorations. The 9 from Nintendolife may still be a score to high, but I start to understand why they praised it so much!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

LzWinky

I got two perfect scores on my first tries

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Araquanid

I'm REALLY on the fence of what they did with the boss fights.. I feel like they did a good job being innovative and changing something, but I feel they didn't change it right. I can't quite figure out what it is.. the whole "everything is eyes" thing seemed extremely gimmicky and out of place for a game as well thought out as majora's mask (seriously, giving twinmold a tongue like molgera and red spots on his segments would look and seem more professional than random eye placements.). I still have to grab the game myself so I can't say if the experience is as good as the original or better.. just the overall concept of it seems very odd. If it was for say a master quest or something, then yeah.. but making it an actual change to the game itself makes it seem very unoriginal.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

I'd say Majoras Mask would be one of those few games where the "its weak spot is the giant eye"-gimmick makes sense.

Seeing how the mask's most prominent feature are its giant, unnerving eyes.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tobiaku

I just completed the count 10 seconds sidequest ^_^
I come up with an easy way to do it, after a lot of tries
All you have to do is watch the postmans head. He makes one nod each second, so after 10 nods, your good

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Haru17

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I'm REALLY on the fence of what they did with the boss fights.. I feel like they did a good job being innovative and changing something, but I feel they didn't change it right. I can't quite figure out what it is.. the whole "everything is eyes" thing seemed extremely gimmicky and out of place for a game as well thought out as majora's mask (seriously, giving twinmold a tongue like molgera and red spots on his segments would look and seem more professional than random eye placements.). I still have to grab the game myself so I can't say if the experience is as good as the original or better.. just the overall concept of it seems very odd. If it was for say a master quest or something, then yeah.. but making it an actual change to the game itself makes it seem very unoriginal.

Not having played the game yet, that's one of the changes I actually like, as it ties the bosses closer to the central narrative, where before they were pretty random monsters just 'because it's a dungeon'.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

LzWinky

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Oh trust me, the Twinmold fight is a lot better than the hack-and-slash fest of the original

Tobiaku

Did Link steal Epona right after he left Zelda?
He never had Epona, as a kid, in Ocarina of Time.

Tobiaku

TeeJay

Tobias95 wrote:

Did Link steal Epona right after he left Zelda?
He never had Epona, as a kid, in Ocarina of Time.

Maybe Zelda made an official royal decree to Lon Lon Ranch to give Epona to him.

I honestly never thought about that before...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

He still became friendly with it before the time loop happened. Talon probably shrugged and fell asleep when he asked

TeeJay

Yeah she WAS already fond of "fairy-boy" at the time. And she had already seen Epona take a liking to Link. Maybe that was HER going-away gift to him, like how Zelda's was the Ocarina of Time.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tobiaku

Link helping Ganondorfs mothers was funny, and a bit ironic
I just finnished the Wood tempel, except for certain characters rembering things they thecnicqly can't since after resetting time it never happened, ths game is wonderfull! Easily my favorite Zelda game so far, I love Zelda sidequests ^_^

Tobiaku

Eel

Tobias95 wrote:

All you have to do is watch the postmans head. He makes one nod each second, so after 10 nods, your good

You could also use the bunny hood.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

MorphMarron wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

You could also use the bunny hood.

....Wow. I used it and got it exactly right on the very first try. Thank you Rhythm Heaven!

Henmii

The Goht battle is as cool as ever, probably even better. But what's with Goht's difficulty? One time he's a breeze to destroy, then the other time he's a pain to defeat. I also experienced this in the original game. Maybe its just me fumbling around.

Spoiler: They removed the insults! In the original the small, lazy guy at the Smithy would insult his much bigger, hard-working partner. He would call him "as dumb as a deku-stick". And "shut up deku-stick". Nintendo must have thought that wasn't appropiate after all. Its a pity!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Tobiaku

Since I got te fire artows yesterdy, I wanted to take break from tempes (yay for timetravell giving me this opertunity)
Ended up getting Zora mask, and doing the terrible golden skultulaquest in the swamp, it was just as much a chore as the tempels -.-
Will take a break for th rest of the day, might finish Goron temple tomorrow ^-^

Tobiaku

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.