Forums

Topic: The 3DS is a good console. Why is so hated?

Posts 141 to 153 of 153

SomeBitTripFan

KittenKoder wrote:

Not a gamer, are you? Casual gamer, perhaps? Maybe a "this will pass the time" gamer? In World of Warcraft people will pay over 100 USD for one item ... an item, an item they can get in the game if they worked hard at it. Seriously. It's the same thing, but for FE:A ... it's 1 to 2% of that cost for such items, and you can get more than one with that purchase. But here's the thing, how is $2 too much? Really, what in the real world can you buy that's $2 which will last you more than 5 minutes?

Read the rest of my post. I explain that I don't find the value worth the price. All that DLC adds up to price where I could get a complete game. I've tried to explain that, but you're too much of a myopic fanboy to understand anything I'm saying. I control my own money, and I don't have much, but apparently committing ungodly amounts of money to a bunch of 1s and 0s that will do you little good in life is what constitutes whether someone is a true fan of video games. Since you're so "hardcorez" go play Final Fantasy: All the Bravest and blow your money on a few sprites to rub your finger against. You don't love gaming, you love a brand, one which is turning into something far from what it used to be. I won't waste words explaining anything to you. Your too obstinate to even understand to half a point I make. If there's one thing I hate about video games, it's the people who turn it into some type of religion. Nintendo does not love you. They don't care about you. There's only one thing about you that matters to them, you wallet. Why does Nintendo make every game they can make have Mario in it? Why can they produce a Mario Kart for every console and handheld they make but not create a single new F-Zero? Because they can't think of a single thing to improve F-Zero? No. Mario's face sells games. Essentially he's a virtual celebrity endorsing something. Why is it that Nintendo can ignore so many fan requests? Because they don't care, unless it begins to hurt sales. Case and point Xenoblade. If they hadn't released that game, they could have lost some consumer loyalty. Once they did, Nintendo became a shining beacon of light, fulfilling the wishes of the smallest minorities. If you want to continue being herded around as a dumb sheep, continue, I won't admonish you and mock you, as you feel you can to me because my opinion differs from yours, but when your wallet is dry and your expectations unfulfilled, I won't care. Continue on. Install a telescreen, praise Nintendo as they cut their rations but claim to increase them, and most of all, worship Super Mario Brother. Untitled

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Captain_Toad

Unless you're living in a town were 3ds'es are few and far between, then I don't necessarily see the hate on this grand ole system.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

kkslider5552000

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

Not a gamer, are you? Casual gamer, perhaps? Maybe a "this will pass the time" gamer? In World of Warcraft people will pay over 100 USD for one item ... an item, an item they can get in the game if they worked hard at it. Seriously. It's the same thing, but for FE:A ... it's 1 to 2% of that cost for such items, and you can get more than one with that purchase. But here's the thing, how is $2 too much? Really, what in the real world can you buy that's $2 which will last you more than 5 minutes?

Read the rest of my post. I explain that I don't find the value worth the price. All that DLC adds up to price where I could get a complete game. I've tried to explain that, but you're too much of a myopic fanboy to understand anything I'm saying. I control my own money, and I don't have much, but apparently committing ungodly amounts of money to a bunch of 1s and 0s that will do you little good in life is what constitutes whether someone is a true fan of video games. Since you're so "hardcorez" go play Final Fantasy: All the Bravest and blow your money on a few sprites to rub your finger against. You don't love gaming, you love a brand, one which is turning into something far from what it used to be. I won't waste words explaining anything to you. Your too obstinate to even understand to half a point I make. If there's one thing I hate about video games, it's the people who turn it into some type of religion. Nintendo does not love you. They don't care about you. There's only one thing about you that matters to them, you wallet. Why does Nintendo make every game they can make have Mario in it? Why can they produce a Mario Kart for every console and handheld they make but not create a single new F-Zero? Because they can't think of a single thing to improve F-Zero? No. Mario's face sells games. Essentially he's a virtual celebrity endorsing something. Why is it that Nintendo can ignore so many fan requests? Because they don't care, unless it begins to hurt sales. Case and point Xenoblade. If they hadn't released that game, they could have lost some consumer loyalty. Once they did, Nintendo became a shining beacon of light, fulfilling the wishes of the smallest minorities. If you want to continue being herded around as a dumb sheep, continue, I won't admonish you and mock you, as you feel you can to me because my opinion differs from yours, but when your wallet is dry and your expectations unfulfilled, I won't care. Continue on. Install a telescreen, praise Nintendo as they cut their rations but claim to increase them, and most of all, worship Super Mario Brother. Untitled

the amount of anger and assumptions about people who are not you is kinda sad and I honestly pity you if this is your actual outlook on this.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

brandonbwii

Oddly, it's more the megapublishers than the consumers who hate 3ds.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

SomeBitTripFan

@kkslider5552000: Well then, pity me. I am angry, and judgmental at that, but I've looked at every comment she makes and find them to be reeking of a pro-Nintendo/Anti-competition bias. Her comments are otherwise a weird reassurance to her perspectives on reality, based on unproven facts. Sometimes, she adopts a compromising attitude, but even then contradicts herself later. With these kinds I people, I get the urge to scream, at least what is to me, some since into them, because otherwise it just goes in through one ear and out the other; Case and point, her response to why didn't find enough value in Fire Emblem: Awakenings DLC. She completely based her comment, a bait and hook inflammatory one at that and one which I couldn't resist to fire back on, on my first sentence. She couldn't read the rest of it? I admit, I'm a wall poster, I should honestly have a tl;dr verion of every comment I make (or in some cases and expanded explanation), but if you're going to bash someone into the ground in such a rude way, essentially to preserve your own little world, at least give a comprehensive breakdown with evidence. I'm not a psychologist, but her mental state seems rather clear. When I read her comment, I get the vibe of "This person has reasons to dislike Nintendo at the current moment. My reality in which Nintendo is faultless is being challenged. I've been playing games for a long time and readily spend my hard-earned money on anything Nintendo throws at me, so if he can't and doesn't seem to buy games as often as I do, he must only be a casual gamer." out of it. My comments aren't flawless, unbiased, God-inspired proverbs, but at least I explain the reasoning for my thinking and sit on a logical, although biased and cynical to a great degree.I have a bias, but I can consider an opposing side of an argument, as long as it is some sort of logical basis. Blind fanboyinsm, or fangirlism in this case, is based in emotion, not logic. Every move a business makes has some intention that will overall help it. Think about it. By supporting McDonalds, you're also helping families in poverty. It sounds good. I'm glad the Ronald McDonald House Charity exists, but are the motives entirely altruistic? The CEO of Goodwill made $2.3 million dollars in 2010. Think about that. A company that calls itself "good will" is essentially making money off of the emotional appeal that you are helping your community. Bill Gates donates millions of dollars to charities. Yes, I'm happy that money isn't staying in his bank account and is helping others, but at the same time, it just prevents him from becoming a target of scorn for not donating any money when he couldn't even use it all in his lifetime. The same applies with things like the Ambassador Program, those cute letters from Nikki, Nintendo occasionally giving out free games, and that "We only care about the fans." thing. Am I happy when I get that free game? Yes, I am, but did Nintendo give that out of the kindness of their hearts or as emotional appeal? It's cynical, I admit, but until I see Nintendo really listening to the fans instead of just trying to make money, I won't say they actually love the fans, but that goes against the very reason for being a business. I'll admit, altruism still exists in a number of true charities, but otherwise, we're just being herded like sheep. I know, I sound like some ridiculous conspiracy theorist, but in all honesty, I'm just pointing out the flaws of human nature. Manipulation is at an all time high, and emotion can easily serve as the smoke and mirrors to hide it, but if you want to look at the world as a good place, I won't stop you. Just don't bash me on my ideas and I won't bash you on yours. And yes, the 1984 allusion is a bit overdone, but today, more than ever, it holds even more relevance in our world, at least to me.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

SomeBitTripFan

@CanisWolfred: Admittedly, yes. Consider it a flaw of mine, but I'd rather tarnish my image, good or bad, than withhold my opinions. I'm insanely argumentative and it keeps me entertained, even if it isn't always good for my health or well-being.

Just Someloggery

Volke93

Aaaaahhhhhh stupid haters, they are too bad and stupid to understand the true value of an amazing console like the 3ds. This time they went TOO FAR.

Volke93

SomeBitTripFan

@Volke93: Please, this forum was dead. If you want to bring back 3DS hate, keep reviving this thing with your blatantly inflammatory comments, unless you are honestly so subjective that you believe your comments are objective. I've made my points. You can go up there and read them, or stop spurring this dead horse, both preferably. Were all my comments absolutely mentally sound? No, but Nintendo's recent actions have concerned and vexed me as a consumer.

Just Someloggery

CM30

mariobro4 wrote:

Unless you're living in a town were 3ds'es are few and far between, then I don't necessarily see the hate on this grand ole system.

I live in exactly that kind of town, and I still don't see any hate for the 3DS.

And I think it's an awesome system too, in case you didn't guess the probably rather obvious.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Volke93

Don't blame me Bit, It's not my fault if you don't like the 3ds or you don't want to buy games for it, and it's NOT my fault if there's all this hating, I'm only telling to others to not be subjestionated by guys like those ones, I've already lost most of my friends Nintendo fans because them, and I don't want that others go to the dark side because them.

I'm sorry if I keep to discuss about this but I won't let haters wins. I WON'T.

Volke93

Blast

TheOneHacker wrote:

Silly Rabbit! Nintendo is for kids!
that pretty much sums up why people hate it. of course, it's also clouded judgement and

the other day, i had a discussion with a peer of mine in school about gaming, and he said to me, "so i know you have a Vita, should i get one? does it have good games?" i said in reply, "well, although i do like my vita, i much prefer my 3DS. the Vita has a... decent library, nothing amazing, but the 3DS is pretty awesome. if you want a good time, get a 3DS." and he said, "What, are you serious?" and went on to insult it further via homophobic means. keep in mind that he's 13 years old, i'm 14.

Agreed. And thats sad.

Edited on by theblackdragon

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SomeBitTripFan

@Volke93: If your friends literally stopped being your friends over a game console, you must have a bad choice of friends. I never blamed you, so I don't even understand what you mean by that. Also, you need to stop freaking out. Nintendo is a game company, Sony is a game (and many other things) company, and both Nintendo and Sony systems have some nice games. Besides, Microsoft is the company that pushed the whole, "Nintendo is for silly kids" thing more than anyone. Then again, some parts of Japanese culture don't help shake that image either. Just calm down and enjoy your games, but don't act like Nintendo is some heaven-sent savior, it's just ridiculous. Support the company for the endeavors you like it to make, but don't turn it into some freaky religion. But seriously, keeping this thread alive will only help to spread 3DS hate. If you don't want to read that, don't encourage anyone to make any posts regarding it. Making a thread regarding 3DS hate is only going to spur it up. Don't forget, competition is a good thing, being so anti-anything-not-Nintendo is what causes these petty fanboy wars. When you act like a kid, refusing to eat food because it isn't Mac and Cheese or something, it just perpetuates the "Nintendo is for kids" mentality. Embracing games as a whole, disregarding who made them, creates a much more healthy, enjoyable game market, where good games and innovation can be given proper attention and sales versus the brand-driven market of today.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Just Someloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.