Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,761 to 4,780 of 5,084

UGXwolf

Does anyone know if the rumors about the skill-based match-up are true? Cause if they are, I don't think it's working very well. >.>

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

randomous

@UGXwolf I've noticed that choosing which team you'll be on in team matches seems to be based on how well you do in the previous match (maybe?). One time I got paired up with this good player and we won by a large margin in the first round. After that we went on to play about 5 times in the same room, but he was never on my team again (and the matches were pretty even).

randomous

UGXwolf

randomous wrote:

@UGXwolf I've noticed that choosing which team you'll be on in team matches seems to be based on how well you do in the previous match (maybe?). One time I got paired up with this good player and we won by a large margin in the first round. After that we went on to play about 5 times in the same room, but he was never on my team again (and the matches were pretty even).

Seems like they're at least trying. Fair enough.

UGXwolf

Completely unrelated to my prior point, guys. I had an idea. What if the lag online and in local multiplayer was... intentional? What if Sakurai purposely held back to keep this from being the perfect Smash so we'd all just be hungrier for the Wii U version, which is at least certain to have next to no local lag, in any at all? That'd be evil... but damn clever.

DreamyViridi

...And that just happened to me in 2 For Glory matches. Don't know how I let it happen, but it did...
Aw well, got my own back with Little Mac and Palutena anyway!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Completely unrelated to my prior point, guys. I had an idea. What if the lag online and in local multiplayer was... intentional? What if Sakurai purposely held back to keep this from being the perfect Smash so we'd all just be hungrier for the Wii U version, which is at least certain to have next to no local lag, in any at all? That'd be evil... but damn clever.

I don't think that'd be the case, rather that the standard 3DS isn't powerful enough for a proper Smash experience. I'd be interested to see if there's any local lag between New 3DS consoles.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

I'm sure the Wii lag was also intentional

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Araquanid

Nintendo doesn't make lag.. People make lag!
#EverybodyAroundTheWorldNeedsBetterInternetConnection

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

FriedSquid

Undoubtedly my favorite new Smash song. I hope we get to see a lot more Mega Man remixes in the Wii U version.

Come to think of it, I know Sonic was added late in Brawl's development, so that's probably why none of his music was remixed. Now that Mega Man and Pac-Man are getting their songs remixed, I hope we get at least one Sonic song remixed this time around.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DreamyViridi

I rather don't like how Mega Man 2 is constantly worshipped in Smash (right now) compared to the other games in the series. Such "bias" in apparent in Mega's soundtrack (except Spark Man, which is my favourite). This can easily change with the Wii U version but still, it bugs me a bit.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FriedSquid

@DreamyViridi I noticed this, too. Seems like the main focus is from Mega Man 1-4 and 7, with 2 of course getting the most attention. I can't really complain, as 2 was my first Mega Man game and my favorite of the original series, but I agree that it is taking the spotlight. I'm hoping we'll also see a bit more from the other versions of Mega Man instead of just a Final Smash. Getting some cool MMX music and Trophies (like Zero — I'm crossing my fingers for a Vile Trophy!) would be really great.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DreamyViridi

@Squid - I feel the focus should mostly stick with Classic Mega Man (9 & 10, the most recent are being ignored completely), but that part of the series can only be represented so much, I guess. Though I won't say no to some of the early X games getting some attention in terms of music, why not? Chill Penguin comes to mind immediately, that'd be nice.

Mario Maker Levels

Grumblevolcano

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Squid - I feel the focus should mostly stick with Classic Mega Man (9 & 10, the most recent are being ignored completely), but that part of the series can only be represented so much, I guess. Though I won't say no to some of the early X games getting some attention in terms of music, why not? Chill Penguin comes to mind immediately, that'd be nice.

9 isn't completely being ignored as one of its weapons (Black Hole Bomb) is used to activate Mega Man's final smash though I do agree MM2 is too overused in Smash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

Oh, that's right. How'd I forget that...? My bad.
Yeah, hopefully, the Wii U version will fix this small nit-pick I have here.

Mario Maker Levels

Gridatttack

Well (unfortunately) MM2 is being overused because Sakurai thinks its the most popular game.

I dont mind it with custom moves though, but the default side B (crash bomber) isnt really that useful as the other 2.

Wish MM10 had a powerup used somewhere.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Sparx

Gridatttack wrote:

Well (unfortunately) MM2 is being overused because Sakurai thinks its the most popular game.

I dont mind it with custom moves though, but the default side B (crash bomber) isnt really that useful as the other 2.

Wish MM10 had a powerup used somewhere.

I love using crash bomber on people since most of them just start spamming their shields giving me time to make some distance or set something up (probably a bad strategy but what do I know?)

as for the megaman soundtrack, I am disappointed at the lack of protoman theme(unless it was snuck in and I didn't recognize it) also I'd love assist trophies from other megaman series(imagine zero as an assist trophy)

My avatar is from here

SparkOfSpirit

MM2 is the most popular classic Mega Man game, though. As much as I really like the series and 3 is by far my favorite, I still have to admit it. Still doesn't explain why Bubble Man and Heat Man got cut out of the medley track, though.

That said, I hope the Wii U version has more remixes like Spark Man and Air Man. Elec Man, Magnet Man, Snake Man, Slash Man, Tengu Man, Hornet Man, Nitro Man... There are a lot of good possibilities.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Storytime7

Gridatttack wrote:

It's easily the most popular in the classic series.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Zexaal

Gridatttack wrote:

It IS though. It's the game that got most people into the series and I'm pretty sure from a sales perspective it's pretty popular as well.

Zexaal

Twitter:

KO-Cub

Beat True All-Stars on Hard without healing items. Feel no reward.
Beat Classic on 9.0 without dying. I bounce off the walls.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.